This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey

I think the Lakers should try and get Joey Shawhan back at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
      I think the Lakers should try and get Joey Shawhan back at this point.
      I think they should conduct a wide search for the position but yes i agree with you Joey would be a huge upgrade.
      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Miami must be sending thank you cards out to the Lakers . Lake State was able to move Miami to 8th spot from 11th in the national rankings.

Comment

Miami must be sending thank you cards out to the Lakers . Lake State was able to move Miami to 8th spot from 11th in the national rankings.
          Merrimack, Notre Dame and Minnesota Duluth all lost last weekend. That's why they dropped below Miami. Miami is a top 10 team. LSSU is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad
            Joey Shawhan and Frank Anzalone would be great choices. Both are doing very well and are winning and championship winning coaches.

It is ashame how this administration and their defenders treated both those individuals and the way they ushered them out.

The Truth Is Out There....

It is a shame how they treated the administration and their defenders and that is why they were ushered out.

The Truth Is Out There...

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
              I think they should conduct a wide search for the position but yes i agree with you Joey would be a huge upgrade.
              If JR gets the boot I think a wide search should be done as well but unless LSSU can lure an unlikely "rabbit out of the hat" type of candidate, they are most likely going to be left with willing candidates that have resume's that resemble that of a Joe Shawhan.

If that is the case then obviously Shawhan should be our first candidate, being that he already has experience with the program and the city itself he would be able to get off the ground running faster than a coach who doesn't have much internal knowledge of the program or the town. Someone like that would have to take some initial time to familiarize himself with those type of things.

If Roque does end up getting fired after this season I plan on sending AD Kris Dunbar an email suggesting that the Lakers contact John Harrington, who was a member of the 1980 Miracle on Ice U.S. Olympic team. Harrington worked in the 80s and early 90s as an assitant at Denver and St. Cloud State before becoming the head coach at St. Johns University, a D3 school in Minnesota. SJU was a god awful program before he took the job and he turned them into a contender nearly overnight, they went on to win numerous conference titles and make a handful of NCAA appearances during his tenure there, and he sported a .620 winning percentage during his 15 year career at SJU. He left there to coach overseas including a short stint as the head coach of Slovenia's national team, he currently coaches a men's pro team in Italy.

I read a book on the 1980 team and I remembered that it mentioned that Harrington always had the dream of coaching big time college hockey if that opportunity ever came along. It's certainly a longshot, but the guy has the appeal of being on the most famous hockey team in the history of the United States, has experience at big time WCHA programs and has a track record of turning around a downtrodden program , albeit at the D3 level. He is the head coach of an overseas team but the Italian league isn't exactly a fast track to an NCAA job the last time i checked, so I think it it most certainly at least worth a phone call to the man to gauge his interest.

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
                Merrimack, Notre Dame and Minnesota Duluth all lost last weekend. That's why they dropped below Miami. Miami is a top 10 team. LSSU is not.
                Miami could have lost as well but they didn't. Instead,they beat the hell out of the Lakers. What did Roque say ? It has been a while since his team had played a top rank team and he was curious as to see how far they had come since they played a nationally ranked team last . They came this far...12 goals to 2 on their own home ice.

Comment

Miami could have lost as well but they didn't. Instead,they beat the hell out of the Lakers. What did Roque say ? It has been a while since his team had played a top rank team and he was curious as to see how far they had come since they played a nationally ranked team last . They came this far...12 goals to 2 on their own home ice.
                  The Lakers probably deserved a better fate.

The Truth Is Out There....
                  Last edited by Truth Squad; 02-28-2011, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Does Roque's contract expire at the end of this year? That is the only way that there will be a coaching change.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                      Does Roque's contract expire at the end of this year? That is the only way that there will be a coaching change.
                      Good question.
                      Many interesting ideas and comments, but it could be all vain speculation.
                      Not only that, Roque currently does what he wants, so it would take more than poor hockey results before someone moves him.
                      Anybody knows what happened to the "police complaint" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post

I have heard it does and i agree with you 100 percent. They would not make a change if he had years left on his contract.
                        BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                          I have heard it does and i agree with you 100 percent. They would not make a change if he had years left on his contract.
                          It would be good if it does because it is at the point where a change needs to be made. Fan support is really going to drop after this year if he is back. 5 or 6 people that I sit near when attending home games are considering dropping their tickets for next year, and just attending a handful of games throughout the year. I imagine that other people have similar thoughts.

I am hoping that Joey Schawan will take over. He always seemed to do a good job at drawing kids to play for the Sault Indians. He got talented players such as Ryan Miller.

Comment

Anyone know why Friday's game is at 7:35 instead of 7:05?
                            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                              Anyone know why Friday's game is at 7:35 instead of 7:05?
                              It is being televised on CBS College Sports. That is according to an add I saw at the top of CCHA.com
                              Last edited by Laker Dude; 02-28-2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Any body else having trouble getting the internet feed to work for the coaches show?

Comment

Working...
                                X