This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey

There are times that I am very critical about the play of the lakers, but I have to give credit where credit is due, great sweep of the wildcats. Seemed that the lakers played very well both nights. Hope for a sweep this weekend at home against alaska.

Comment

What a great weekend for the Lakers. I was out of town and not able to catch the Internet streams of the games. For those of you that either did hear the broadcasts or were at the games, how well did the Lakers play (aside from the scores themselves of course)? Were they carrying the play much of the time? Was it just the top line doing well, or was the whole team doing their part?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        What a great weekend for the Lakers. I was out of town and not able to catch the Internet streams of the games. For those of you that either did hear the broadcasts or were at the games, how well did the Lakers play (aside from the scores themselves of course)? Were they carrying the play much of the time? Was it just the top line doing well, or was the whole team doing their part?
        The Lakers played good defensively and cashed in on their opportunities. They did catch a few breaks over the weekend. Both nights when down by 2 in the third Norhtern hit the post which could have made the game much more interesting had those gone in.

The top line of Monardo-Schofield-Acton did carry the team as far as the scoring goes. I thought that the Power-Hobbins-Nehring line did a good job the entire weekend. They generated some decent chances but did not capitalize on any of them.

Jean had some good chances on the weekend. He hit the crossbar with about 1:00 to go in the first on Friday.

Radke was injured on Friday night and did not play on Saturday. Jim dressed 7 defensmen on Saturday. Schofield and Acton double shifted on a rotation basis to center the line of Jean and Campbell on Saturday.

Comment

Sounds like a great weekend; I'm looking forward to watching them this weekend.
          Go Lakers!

Comment

Congrats to Kapalka (Rookie) and Cowie (Defensive) for the CCHA Player of the Week honors.
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
              Congrats to Kapalka (Rookie) and Cowie (Defensive) for the CCHA Player of the Week honors.
              Kapalka has a good shot at making the CCHA all-rookie team. Yanakeff at MSU has better numbers but has played in only half as many games as Kapalka. It will be one of those two guys.

Comment

Jeff Jakaitis led Dayton to a nice 3-2 win over Quad City on Saturday, as Quad City has dropped 4 of its last 6 games to fall to 5th in the division standings.

Jakaitis has a 17-15-3 record with a 2.62 GAA (7th in the league of 51 goalies) and .926 SV% (3rd in the league of 51 goalies).

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
                  Jeff Jakaitis led Dayton to a nice 3-2 win over Quad City on Saturday, as Quad City has dropped 4 of its last 6 games to fall to 5th in the division standings.

Jakaitis has a 17-15-3 record with a 2.62 GAA (7th in the league of 51 goalies) and .926 SV% (3rd in the league of 51 goalies).
                  LOL. Can't wait to hear the excuses from TruthSquad.
                  LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Here were my preseason goal predictions with the current totals on the right:

Schofield- 18 12
                    Acton-14 7
                    Nehring-12 5
                    Cassiani-12 3
                    Monardo-10 11
                    Campbell-10 2
                    Power-8 2
                    Lain-6 2
                    Mcparland-6 5
                    Radke-5 2
                    Barczuk-4 1
                    Jean-4 1
                    Stonehouse-3 0
                    Trotman-3 6
                    Cowie-2 4
                    Haines-2 3
                    Bruneteau-1 0
                    Sternberg-1 0
                    Hobbins-1 1
                    Perrault-1 0

Those in bold have either met, tied, or have a realistic chance of meeting their quota by the end of the regular season...if these players can step up and reach their quota the Lakers will almost certainly at least be playing at home in the first weekend of the playoffs (I realize Schofield putting up 6 in the last few games is on the outskirts of probability but after the last few years I have learned never to count out number 23)

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      LOL. Can't wait to hear the excuses from TruthSquad.
                      Whatever! Enjoy your run while it lasts and the hero worship of this administration and its leader.

Can't wait to hear the excuses in the next few weeks and after the season once again. Can you cut and paste the posts from March in the last four coming on five years?

The Truth Is Out There....
                      Last edited by Truth Squad; 02-09-2011, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Wasn't Frank going to get rid of Jakaitis if he was not fired at LSSU. I think Frank said something about Jakaitis being to small to be a successful goaltender.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                          Wasn't Frank going to get rid of Jakaitis if he was not fired at LSSU. I think Frank said something about Jakaitis being to small to be a successful goaltender.
                          Keep blaming Frank Anzalone and deflect attention away from your hero. Thanks coach Laker Dude or is this the Minister?

You people and your adoration for the head of this administration, and how you protect him is quite amusing. Frank Anazlone built your little college into a national powerhouse and you want to rip him at every turn, yet never ever question one bit the current coach and his antics.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post
                            Can't wait to hear the excuses in the next few weeks and after the season once again. Can you cut and paste the posts from March in the last four coming on five years?

How do you copy and paste the same post over and over? I know you're really good with that.

Comment

How do you copy and paste the same post over and over? I know you're really good with that.
                              Thanks coach or Minister of Information.

The Truth Is Out There

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post
                                Thanks coach or Minister of Information.

The Truth Is Out There
                                Thanks Frank. Now, leave these LSSU fans alone, and go enjoy coaching your cute little third-tier minor league team. Maybe if you're lucky they'll win whatever no-name hardware the CHL brass got from a cereal box last week.

Uh-oh, looks like the "truth" is out, Coach!

Comment

Working...
                                X