No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    score what? tickets to Pablo Francisco? I know you can't be talking about goals...thats impossible.
    I think he's talking about scoring a suitcase full of coke, Charlie Sheen style.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Well, If Tech wants to score these goals you all speak of, they will have to shoot the puck.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoelessSchippa View Post
        Well, If Tech wants to score these goals you all speak of, they will have to shoot the puck.
        Hard to argue with that kind of logic.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Not a bad game, except for losing! When we had the lead well into the second. It wasn't a real big difference between teams imho. Gubb and l'esperance played really well, and had a lot of energy in the offensive zone really getting turnovers for Tech, and Witt was player of the game for Tech. these are all bright spots. Robinson maybe not so much. Gordic did not play and we miss him for sure. I thought turnbull was awesome for them. The wisco goalie for all his reputation was pretty average. I thought the game was well refereed overall. Our offense was much better and our pk was pretty good. We won a lot more battles on the boards which we haven't won before.
          please jamie do not go blaming the goalies, even if they are to blame don't let dirk bait you into it.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            I thought the game was well refereed overall. Our offense was much better and our pk was pretty good. We won a lot more battles on the boards which we haven't won before.
            please jamie do not go blaming the goalies, even if they are to blame don't let dirk bait you into it.
            The refs were good, but the linesmen were terrible. The phantom offsides calls and non-calls were inexcusable. I agree with the rest of this, the pk stayed perfect on the night.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Never really had a problem with the Goofer contingent, but the Badgers definitely bring the biggest peanut gallery with them every season. It's one thing to cheer and heckle, it's another thing to be arrogant about it.
              I'm offended!
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Saturday is hockey day in Michigan! woooot!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  I'm offended!
                  exactly.
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    Not a bad game, except for losing! When we had the lead well into the second. It wasn't a real big difference between teams imho. Gubb and l'esperance played really well, and had a lot of energy in the offensive zone really getting turnovers for Tech, and Witt was player of the game for Tech. these are all bright spots. Robinson maybe not so much. Gordic did not play and we miss him for sure. I thought turnbull was awesome for them. The wisco goalie for all his reputation was pretty average. I thought the game was well refereed overall. Our offense was much better and our pk was pretty good. We won a lot more battles on the boards which we haven't won before.
                    I didn't get to watch the game, but was Robinson bad or was it just the amount of pressure our Defense put on him by not stopping Wisconsin? It seemed like we got killed in the SOG against department.

Comment

Robinson let in two weak goals five hole
                      sova almost fought
                      got 26 shots on goal which a lot better than last wknd 12,14
                      genoe played good after replacing robinson after the 3rd goal
                      we can win tomorrow if genoe comes out and stands on his head and we get 2-3 goals

Comment

Originally posted by Tech View Post
                        we can win tomorrow if genoe comes out and stands on his head and we get 2-3 goals
                        We could win a lot of nights if that happens. Problem is we don't score and we don't have goalies stand on their heads. I miss Teslak.

I had to leave and didn't hear the third, it was close better but not good enough. One game away from three full months of no Wins!

Comment

I was never a teslak fan, he had a lot of talent but a lot of the time was not in the game mentally.
                          I thought robinson made the hard stops but the easier ones he just missed. The second goal in the second he just didn't cover the rebound and the first goal he wasn't ready and let it in 5 hole. Genoe played really well. Made a difference as wisco had several good chances in the third he just stoned.
                          Certainly our defense could be better.
                          Their third goal came after sustained pressure in our end. So yeah we need to come out better and make better passes. Too often we give it right back to them in the neutral zone or near the blue line. The wingers need to do a better job of getting open too.But It's a team game, so I don't think it's right to blame any one single area.
                          On their second goal we had a guy without a stick for at least a minute before they got the goal.So you get a breakdown on one area and the next thing you know boom.

The team as a whole is playing better every week. We have fewer turnovers, fewer breakdowns and giveaways and more times we are forcing them to give it away instead. We had a number of good chances in the first yesterday which we simply didn't score on. I was shocked with the SOG number when I saw it. Though yes the other team almost always has the territorial advantage and we need to address that.
                          Gubb has made a difference, he has a knack for getting it out and winning scrums along the boards.He plays hard every night and more often than not beats his man. He is my kind of guy. Put him with a sniper next year and look out man.
                          One other area we need to improve is after they score. The other team often this year are scoring again right away. This happened again last night. They scored on the very next shift.

Comment

It was a fun game to watch. Genoe was very good, Olson being back makes a huge difference, Johnstone was good, the fourth line frustrated WI, Gordic was scratched and that might have made the difference. This is a decent team if everyone gets healthy.
                            SOG were lopsided, but scoring chances were about even.
                            Tech didn't ice when a D lost his stick, and once it cost a goal.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                              We could win a lot of nights if that happens. Problem is we don't score and we don't have goalies stand on their heads. I miss Teslak.

I had to leave and didn't hear the third, it was close better but not good enough. One game away from three full months of no Wins!
                              I have been keeping up with Teslak for the last few years waiting for him to make it back to the AHL, but it never happened. Now I can't even find him in any of the leagues...Is he done for good now or is he still around somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoelessSchippa View Post
                                I have been keeping up with Teslak for the last few years waiting for him to make it back to the AHL, but it never happened. Now I can't even find him in any of the leagues...Is he done for good now or is he still around somewhere?
                                Looks like he's done, Nolan has gone on to a far more illustrious career. Teslak's mistake was joining the Philly system where they have no respect for their goalie prospects.
                                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Working...
                                X