No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by ShoelessSchippa View Post
    Oh Please. Read Tech's website and they will continuously talk about how Russell is the second winningest coach at Tech. The LODE bails him out every year for one reason or another. I know they cant, and shouldn't, blame him for every loss, but please stop only showing half skewed stats about our hockey team like we are still relevant in College Division I hockey.
    You people are hilariously idiotic. Do you really expect Michigan Tech to run down one of their employees on their website or other PR?? What purpose would that serve?
    The Lode is a genuinely clueless student paper, but nobody reads it anyway, besides you I guess.
    There is room for an opinion column in the Gazette Sports page, and an honest opinion would be fun to read, but if you think one of the 3 people working for peanuts there is willing to take on MTU in a ****ing contest, you don't have a clue what it's like trying to cover these events.
    Also notice that anyone who has an opinion is invited to send it on in. If you don't have the guts to write a simple letter yourself, don't blame it on the reporters that have to continue to work with these people.
    Last edited by geezer; 01-27-2011, 08:14 PM.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

You know watching the Ferris/msu game tonight, it struck me that one of the reasons Tech is having trouble is that they are not patient enough. Ferris is real patient and it works for them. They also are a lot better at coming out than Tech too. though yes we are improving at that.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        You people are hilariously idiotic. Do you really expect Michigan Tech to run down one of their employees on their website or other PR?? What purpose would that serve?
        The Lode is a genuinely clueless student paper, but nobody reads it anyway, besides you I guess.
        There is room for an opinion column in the Gazette Sports page, and an honest opinion would be fun to read, but if you think one of the 3 people working for peanuts there is willing to take on MTU in a ****ing contest, you don't have a clue what it's like trying to cover these events.
        Also notice that anyone who has an opinion is invited to send it on in. If you don't have the guts to write a simple letter yourself, don't blame it on the reporters that have to continue to work with these people.
        I know I know...but the Russell fluff pieces make my head hurt so much. I worked for the LODE in '08 for a semster...I take no offense in your accusation of that paper. I just hope something happens this spring that benefits the program.

Comment

All you need to know about any sports opinion written in the Lode (of Sheet) is that their so-called "sports editors" rarely even watch our hockey team, so their opinions on Tech hockey can pretty much be taken with a massive grain of salt.

Comment

we're in the Caribbean? we are in the Springs. its 2011. Barack Obama is president. the quick brown fox jumped over the lay fox. is it Friday yet?
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
              we're in the Caribbean? we are in the Springs. its 2011. Barack Obama is president. the quick brown fox jumped over the lay fox. is it Friday yet?
              Someone posted earlier that you were in St. Kitts. I was just going with that.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'm 80% sure it's Friday. Gordic will play, which vastly improves our odds of seeing a Tech goal this weekend.
                Preview
                "(Ricky) Doriott hasn't practiced all week, (Aaron) Pietila won't play this weekend, (Jacob) Johnstone is questionable, (Carl) Nielsen is questionable, but Gordic should be able to go Friday," Tech coach Jamie Russell said of his MASH unit.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

OOHHHH YEEAAAHHHHH!!!!! It's friday and eternal optimism is setting in again !!!!! The Huskies shall break their scoreless stretch in the first period tonight with a PP goal and they shall also gain some kind of a WCHA points this weekend. GOOO HUSKIES!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    Someone posted earlier that you were in St. Kitts. I was just going with that.
                    I wish.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Comment

This hockey season has been terrible and there is no reason for optimism, but look on the bright side, we're not in Cairo right now.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        This hockey season has been terrible and there is no reason for optimism, but look on the bright side, we're not in Cairo right now.
                        true. true. although this season would be easier to take while lying on a beach with a fruity drink ...
                        Boosh Factor 4

Comment

I'm mostly looking forward to the game tonight. I'm not particularly optimistic, but it's not the potential of a loss that has me second guessing going to the game. It's those obnoxious Badger fans. In contrast to their coach, who has always struck me as one of the more professional coaches in the WCHA, whenever Badger or Gopher fans show up, it's like they expect us to apologize for being on the ice with their team (in our rink which they traveled to), and then when they score they act like they've just won the national championship. Actually last year, right after the first goal, one of the badger fans in front of me started chanting "National Championship baby". I wanted to point out that if scoring a goal at MTU ensures a national championship, then they will need to build a few more trophies every year. If the badgers are such a superior team (and this year, there's little argument there) then enjoy the goals with some class.

Now if Tech scores...

Comment

Never really had a problem with the Goofer contingent, but the Badgers definitely bring the biggest peanut gallery with them every season. It's one thing to cheer and heckle, it's another thing to be arrogant about it.

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post

Now if Tech scores...
                              score what? tickets to Pablo Francisco? I know you can't be talking about goals...thats impossible.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
                                Now if Tech scores...
                                *****http://blog.miridiatech.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/inconceivable-1.jpg******

Comment

Working...
                                X