No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

This is was going to be my contribution for the week, but then I realized that I have nothing to contribute. So this is just me making sure no one thinks I'm dead or so frustrated with this team that I'm avoiding USCHO or something.
    Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
    *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

I would like to add on the the recruit post from earlier in the week.
      there are three kids from the Little Caesars AAA team who would be nice additions at Tech, all are interested in D1 and all want to further their educations.

Zach Mudge, a 92 birthday. 82 points in 72 games last year and 92 points in 60 games as a AA bantam. A little small but that might be why he would be available.

Tyler Murray, also pretty small. Good puck sense and a solid two way player. 93 birthday.
      Matt Vermillion- 93 birthday, scores a lot from the point, good size. Has a habit of being in the right place at the right time.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        I would like to add on the the recruit post from earlier in the week.
        there are three kids from the Little Caesars AAA team who would be nice additions at Tech, all are interested in D1 and all want to further their educations.

Zach Mudge, a 92 birthday. 82 points in 72 games last year and 92 points in 60 games as a AA bantam. A little small but that might be why he would be available.

Tyler Murray, also pretty small. Good puck sense and a solid two way player. 93 birthday.
        Matt Vermillion- 93 birthday, scores a lot from the point, good size. Has a habit of being in the right place at the right time.
        We're counting on you to get to know these kids and share your passion for Tech hockey with them. Wouldn't hurt to email Patrick or Damon once in a while also. I myself am a terrible talent scout, I didn't think much of some future superstars I had a chance to watch... Let's get manurespreader a job as Director of Recruiting!
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

So I know we mentioned before about the odd time of the "drive time" radio thing, and talked about certain reasons....but here's a thing to think about...on 98.7 the station that does all the D3 Finlandia hockey games, home and away, does a similar thing with the head coach called, "finlandia roar", since they're the lions or whatever, but imagine this, it's at 3:45pm, so if Finlandia can get a reasonable time slot for their show...why can't we?

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
            So I know we mentioned before about the odd time of the "drive time" radio thing, and talked about certain reasons....but here's a thing to think about...on 98.7 the station that does all the D3 Finlandia hockey games, home and away, does a similar thing with the head coach called, "finlandia roar", since they're the lions or whatever, but imagine this, it's at 3:45pm, so if Finlandia can get a reasonable time slot for their show...why can't we?
            Because the Husky Drive Time is on as a weekly part of "The Dirkside" morning show from 6am to 10am on Mix 93
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
              We're counting on you to get to know these kids and share your passion for Tech hockey with them. Wouldn't hurt to email Patrick or Damon once in a while also. I myself am a terrible talent scout, I didn't think much of some future superstars I had a chance to watch... Let's get manurespreader a job as Director of Recruiting!
              Ha!...well, First I'm pretty sure the rules exclude me or anyone else except the coaches from having contact with prospects.( Though apparently wisconsin gets away with it under the guise of having one of their fans as a "journalist", who just happens to interview kids who are on the radar, and who just happens to " encourage" them to choose uw.)
              Second, this site would not be the place to let the staff know of a particular player, and third, I don't know enough about hockey, so even if I had the time, which I don't, I wouldn't do a good job. All I can do is say that I like a certain player, but in reality he might have flaws in his game I don't see. Maybe shirtless ought to do it, or even better some retired alum who is an ex player. Davis Payne comes to mind.

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
              Just my opinion but I like how DU does this. it's post game comments and gwoz's mid week press conference/ interview are video taped and put up on the DU web site, and sent out to the press. I would much prefer to watch Jamie on video than listen to about 5 minutes on the radio. Though sure that is better than nothing.I have no objection to the timing, but I'm an early person.
              I hope everyone took notice that michigan announced a large expensive upgrade to the video/scoreboard facilities at Yost. This is not just a routine upgrade believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                "The Dirkside" morning show from 6am to 10am on Mix 93
                For those people who apparently can't get enough of his pre-pubescent shouting.

EDIT: I agree, Jamie should be on video, if only for the hilarity of a serious post-game press conference in Houghton.
                Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 01-26-2011, 03:47 PM.

Comment

I've had the opportunity to interview Russell in person. If I was allowed to ask real questions it would have been great, otherwise watching him on video would be less exciting that watching him try to coach on gameday. Although, now that he has quite a bit of fear/frustration on him, those videos might be worth something...

Comment

Ha!...well, First I'm pretty sure the rules exclude me or anyone else except the coaches from having contact with prospects.( Though apparently wisconsin gets away with it under the guise of having one of their fans as a "journalist", who just happens to interview kids who are on the radar, and who just happens to " encourage" them to choose uw.)
                    Second, this site would not be the place to let the staff know of a particular player, and third, I don't know enough about hockey, so even if I had the time, which I don't, I wouldn't do a good job. All I can do is say that I like a certain player, but in reality he might have flaws in his game I don't see. Maybe shirtless ought to do it, or even better some retired alum who is an ex player. Davis Payne comes to mind.
                    You'd be correct. Anyone who has ever bought a ticket to a tech athletic event or contributed to the athletic department is considered a booster by the ncaa and remains a booster for life. Initiating any conversation with any potential recruit is a violation. If that kid asks you about tech the only thing you can do is direct them to the coaches and athletic department. If you even buy that kid a coke it would be a violation. STAY AWAY FROM POTENTIAL RECRUITS...........

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                      You'd be correct. Anyone who has ever bought a ticket to a tech athletic event or contributed to the athletic department is considered a booster by the ncaa and remains a booster for life. Initiating any conversation with any potential recruit is a violation. If that kid asks you about tech the only thing you can do is direct them to the coaches and athletic department. If you even buy that kid a coke it would be a violation. STAY AWAY FROM POTENTIAL RECRUITS...........
                      But you can offer to pay their father $180k for a church renovation's if their son attends MTU
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

There has been two times in recent memory that I saw a player here locally that I thought Tech should recruit. Both times I called the coaches and both times they were already aware of the player. (Both of those players are now in the NHL and both bypassed college hockey.) Other than that I agree staying away is the only course of action acceptable.
                        now having said that, who is Adam Stoykewych, looks like he is a commit but I can't find him on heisenberg's list.
                        Last edited by manurespreader; 01-26-2011, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          now having said that, who is Adam Stoykewych, looks like he is a commit but I can't find him on heisenberg's list.
                          We were trying to get his brother, Peter (they were thinking about playing together). He committed to CC instead, so Adam decided to look elsewhere and he was mutually released from his committment to Tech.

Comment

When it comes to recruits I normally approach them when there are lot of people around and talking in a very loud voice. Something like... "Kid you were awesome out there tonight! You're just the kind of player we are looking for at [your least favorite WCHA school's name]. With that kind of talent, we can get you a full ride and as president of the [least favorite WCHA school] booster club. I'll make sure you are taken care of once you sign that NLI. In fact here's $20 to sweeten the deal for you. Just think how great your going to look in a [least favorite WCHA school mascot]s jersey come next fall with a couple hotties draped one on each arm. Yes, that's right we hook a player up and we can't wait to have you on the team."

That usually perks up some ears and keeps the NCAA officials busy at other WCHA campus locations.
                            ;-)
                            Ryan J
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

here we ago again. Friday. hockey night.
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                here we ago again. Friday. hockey night.
                                Except its Thursday...
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X