No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    If we go with best uncommitted players, I'd say Vinny Saponari, Dan Molenaar, Anthony Greco or Marcus Basara.
    I'm not a saporini fan either and basara is too small imho. my choices are in no particular order. Brock balsan, Brandon Anselmini, ( guelph hurricanes, he might be going mj I don't know) and from my home town, james lafontaine of canton HS, mi, I think he is playing little ceasers AAA right now.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Gotta keep this on the first page, just to remind everyone else who thinks that their team sucks - it could be much worse.

Comment

Think we can talk Comley out of retirement?
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          I hope not.

I want Woog.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

http://mywarriors.pointstreaksites.c...255/news_21796

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              I hope not.

I want Woog.
              and his only minnesota players policy

Comment

I see 2 things happening with this, either he pulls a Casey Pierro-Zabotel or he is another Justin St. Louis, awesome in the juniors, hits tech and sucks. That's teh only 2 things that have happened with any of the good recruits we have gotten in the past 5-6 years or so.
                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                  Hey, he's coached at 2 of the 3 UP schools with D1 teams, why not complete the hat trick? lol

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                    I see 2 things happening with this, either he pulls a Casey Pierro-Zabotel or he is another Justin St. Louis, awesome in the juniors, hits tech and sucks. That's teh only 2 things that have happened with any of the good recruits we have gotten in the past 5-6 years or so.
                    Erik Higby was the leading scorer in the NAHL last year and is 4-6-10 in 22 games for NMU this year. You can't really expect crazy production from a Frosh out of the NAHL no matter what kind of numbers he puts up in juniors. I highly doubt there are many american born players that will fit the CPZ issue.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      Erik Higby was the leading scorer in the NAHL last year and is 4-6-10 in 22 games for NMU this year. You can't really expect crazy production from a Frosh out of the NAHL no matter what kind of numbers he puts up in juniors. I highly doubt there are many american born players that will fit the CPZ issue.
                      You mean the being as dumb as a rock issue?

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                        Kolb was demoted to the NAHL, a 21 yr old in a minor jr. league. I expect him to be our 5th or 6th best forward coming in next year.
                        I hope D. Johnstone comes in next year, he's been on a roll along with Kero in the USHL.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Yeah, as a 21 year-old in a Tier II Jr. A league, Kolb had better be dominating on the stat sheet.

Comment

Wait, someone pointed to good numbers in the NAHL as proof that he'll be a good recruit for Tech?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha thats a good one. Its funny when people are stupid!
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Did anyone hear drive time today. I missed it.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

This morning' Drive Time notes with Jamie:
                                On UMD:
                                -Sat was a much better game, great effort, good energy, limited UMD's opportunityies
                                -PK took a big step killing off a 5 min major, Robinson was solid
                                -Need to continue positives, need mroe offense, been working on creating chances, and generating more speed in neutral zone
                                -Need to shoot puck more, need to be gritty and get in front of the net to score
                                -Changed a few things for cycling the puck

On tough time for team/fans:
                                -No questions guys are down and frustrated
                                -Still need to make coming to the rink something they look forward to, need to enjoy it
                                -No one likes losing, but coming to the rink needs to be best part of day

On UW:
                                -Pretty balanced team, 1st line is talented
                                -Last few years have had a great D group, strong, move puck well
                                -We need to win battles, shoot the puck more

On Injuries:
                                -not enough time to go over everything
                                -Gordic is questionable
                                -Doriott and Johnstone haven't practiced all week
                                -Royer and Olson are making progress, getting timing back
                                -Carl Nielsen is questionable, hasn't had contact this week
                                -Pietila is out this weekend

On Goalie job:
                                -The way Josh played Sat., he'll start Friday
                                -His rebound control and positioning was great, looks big in net, limited movement, forcing player to make perfect shots
                                -Dieter has been working with him, his mental focus is good

On Scoring:
                                -Thought guys were tyring to hard this last weekend, passed up opportunities to shoot the puck
                                -Looking for pretty/perfect play, didn't get a lot of puck to the net on Friday
                                -If you get an opportunity inside faceoff circle, shoot the puck and hit the net

Comment

Working...
                                X