No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
    Well he's been on limited duty this season and much of his work has been filled by student help. Even still the cost of the equipment supervisor is relatively low with his limited work period to when hockey is in season. And when he's not working hockey he's the Under Sheriff for Houghton County.
    I don't think the cost of the Equipment manager will be a deciding factor when they try to bring in a New Coaching Staff. With 500 free tickets for kids I am moving the
    over / under on actual people in the building Saturday to 1700. I know that is optimistic but somebody has to bring those kids to the game.

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by Houghton77 View Post
      I don't think the cost of the Equipment manager will be a deciding factor when they try to bring in a New Coaching Staff. With 500 free tickets for kids I am moving the
      over / under on actual people in the building Saturday to 1700. I know that is optimistic but somebody has to bring those kids to the game.
      I wasn't saying it was a deciding factor, I was stating my reasoning behind my number.
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
        I wasn't saying it was a deciding factor, I was stating my reasoning behind my number.
        I doubt that boh was really considering giving actual money regardless of the budget. He just needed a reason to complain.

So just for fun let me state what I see donors money used for and why it's needed.

For instance Oklahoma State flies their basketball team to games in private planes, donated. I believe umtc does that as well.
        The scoreboard most likely will be bought with donors money, the suites were donated money, the new video room most likely was built with donated money. The list is endless or nearly so. Now you can debate the priorities but the fact remains that donated money is what runs the program.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

the treadmill, the new offices, weightroom, lockerroom - all private. rink has multiple uses so thats a wash. basically the U pays for coaches, trainers, travels, equipment, meals. its my understanding that the program makes enough money to support itself.
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Houghton77 View Post
            With 500 free tickets for kids I am moving the
            stopped by Econo for my free tix. No waiting, the guy with a big stack of tickets waiting for customers looked bored.
            But then, the HS regional final will be at noon Saturday at the SDC, and likely Calumet vs. Houghton; I imagine not many families will do both.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
              stopped by Econo for my free tix. No waiting, the guy with a big stack of tickets waiting for customers looked bored.
              But then, the HS regional final will be at noon Saturday at the SDC, and likely Calumet vs. Houghton; I imagine not many families will do both.
              Exactly. Why the hell would you watch Tech get killed by the Sioux, when you could take the kids to a rivalry game, even if it's MI high school hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Exactly. Why the hell would you watch Tech get killed by the Sioux, when you could take the kids to a rivalry game, even if it's MI high school hockey.
                Well, some of us are going to make a full day of it.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I'd rather watch Sioux captain's practice than Michigan High School hockey. Tie in a championship game, pfffft.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    I'd rather watch Sioux captain's practice than Michigan High School hockey. Tie in a championship game, pfffft.
                    I agree - they should've played until they collapsed.

Comment

I agree - they should've played until they collapsed.
                      Or shut it down and start again the next day, anything to determine a champion.

edit: anything but a shootout.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        edit: anything but a shootout.
                        This

Comment

question

Gubb and L'Espy - does this count as their freshman year? so do they start next year as sophomores?
                          Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                            question

Gubb and L'Espy - does this count as their freshman year? so do they start next year as sophomores?
                            Yes

Comment

thank you!
                              Boosh Factor 4

Comment

I see the bthc is going to start play in 2013-2014. We need to get our act together pronto!.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X