We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    And a correction to THOSE numbers. This unprecedented suckage has affected my ability to do math.

Tech's last goal was at 17:33 of the second period against St. Lawrence Friday. That is 202:27 scoreless.

We will pass the old record of 231:20 at 8:53 of the second period against Wisconsin next Friday.
    twitch, your math is still wrong...there was an OT period in there. 3 games (180 minutes) plus the end of the 4-4 tie (2:27, 20:00, 5:00). So 207:27 scoreless.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      We hit rock bottom about a month ago and they just kept drilling.
      Drill baby drill!!!
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

I wasn't able to listen to the game. Can someone provide a summary of the events surrounding the penalty that was changed? What happened? Was the penalty changed from minor to major during intermission?

Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          I wasn't able to listen to the game. Can someone provide a summary of the events surrounding the penalty that was changed? What happened? Was the penalty changed from minor to major during intermission?

Ryan J
          Gubb got called for a minor boarding right at the end of the second period. During the intermission, the refs consulted and upgraded it to a major CFB. No one learned this until the start of the 3rd (Gubb even took to the ice momentarily.)
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Drill baby drill!!!
            Sooner or later you'll hit China.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
              Gubb got called for a minor boarding right at the end of the second period. During the intermission, the refs consulted and upgraded it to a major CFB. No one learned this until the start of the 3rd (Gubb even took to the ice momentarily.)
              The thing is too, Gubb had constant contact with him for a few seconds before the hit, which in an of itself negates boarding, and second the player saw that he could turn his back and did on purpose, in order to draw the call. The Duluth bench was very loud about it and I wouldn't doubt they were hounding the ref between periods. I think this turning of the back to draw a penalty has to stop, it happened in the UAA/Du game too, as it is putting the player doing it in danger of getting hurt.
              The ref's took 5 minutes consulting before they went to the locker room and went to each coach and explained the penalties... then they change it?
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Michigan Tech gets a mention on NBC during the Blackhawks/Flyers game. Keep up the good work Ian!
                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                  Michigan Tech gets a mention on NBC during the Blackhawks/Flyers game. Keep up the good work Ian!
                  I assume Scott put another whoopin' on someone?

There were a few post about drilling all the way to China. Maybe we are creating a short cut for future recruiting trips? I think China is a largely an untapped market for collegiate hockey.

Ryan J
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

bump bump bump bump

Comment

Can we start talking about who we would like to see Tech take with the #1 pick in the NCAA hockey entry draft in June?
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

bump again
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Can we start talking about who we would like to see Tech take with the #1 pick in the NCAA hockey entry draft in June?
                          Ben Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
                            Ben Johnson
                            I think I'd go with Kyle Rau or Rocco Grimaldi if I could pick any recruit in the country.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              I think I'd go with Kyle Rau or Rocco Grimaldi if I could pick any recruit in the country.
                              If we go with best uncommitted players, I'd say Vinny Saponari, Dan Molenaar, Anthony Greco or Marcus Basara.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                If we go with best uncommitted players, I'd say Vinny Saponari, Dan Molenaar, Anthony Greco or Marcus Basara.
                                Forget uncommitted, I want the best overall. And I would stay away from Saponari, he's trouble.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X