No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Back from Liverpool to discover that sue fans are almost as bad as goof fans. gesh!

Maybe you'd like a few of our less intelligent ones, I think that would help you.
    Some of You guys remind me of Everton.
    Though british chicks are pretty darned good looking....

And a couple of our forwards better learn the definition of back check or they might not play much next season. Just sayin...I'm sick to death of watching some guys uncovered man score because he is too lazy to get his butt back.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      And a couple of our forwards better learn the definition of back check or they might not play much next season.
      That is, until 1/3 of the team contracts MRSA midway through November. Then they will play.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        That is, until 1/3 of the team contracts MRSA midway through November. Then they will play.
        It will be nice to see the #1 team in the Country. I remember back in late 60's (at the Dee) and the mid 70's (at the SDC) seeing the #1 team in the Country. Sure seems like a long time ago.

Comment

I'm not looking for our recruits to get us to number one. Even if everyone stays, we will not have enough talent, but we can sure as heck be a winning team.
          Seems like we do not come ready to play at times and I wonder, especially from those who were in minny last weekend if you thought they came to play or not.

Regardless of what happens with jamie I think the program is going to get a lot more expensive. I think if we want a competitive program we as a group of fans have to help them find more money.

Comment

Baker Olson Kero
            Pietila Gordic Pietila
            MacLeod Furne Johnstone
            Pietila/McCadden/Holmberg/Rix/Kolb/Witt etc.

too soon?
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
              Baker Olson Kero
              Pietila Gordic Pietila
              MacLeod Furne Johnstone

too soon?
              Yes.

besides, I'm done with this team if there isn't a Pietila-Pietila-Pietila line at some point.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Houghton77 View Post
                Maybe Coach Russell could take a page out of Herb Brooks book and start and all out brawl before the game starts.
                "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  Baker Olson Kero
                  Pietila Gordic Pietila
                  MacLeod Furne Johnstone

too soon?
                  Waaaaay too soon.

Comment

It will be nice to see the #1 team in the Country. I remember back in late 60's (at the Dee) and the mid 70's (at the SDC) seeing the #1 team in the Country. Sure seems like a long time ago.
                    Unless we discover the proverbial Fountain of Youth, guys like us won't live to see a day the "#1 team in the Country" plays its home games in Houghton.

Comment

A poll of fans:

Will Jamie stay?

(not what you want to happen but what you think will_
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                        A poll of fans:

Will Jamie stay?

(not what you want to happen but what you think will_
                        Even though it wouldn't be my choice, I do believe Russell will get his last year. Who knows, maybe they turn it around and I eat my words.

If there aren't many positive results in the first 10-15 games though, I think he's gone and Mikesch finishes out the year as Interim HC while Suzanne figures out what to do.

Comment

Jamie keeps his job, and after looking closely at the situation and what has happened with injuries/recruiting/etc. I'll agree that he gets next year. I heard Jamie talk at the alumni gathering last week and after hearing what he has to say in person, I still think he's the right guy for the job, he just needs to figure out a way out of this rut, because I have no doubt that if we don't see an improvement next season, he won't be around anymore.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            Jamie keeps his job, and after looking closely at the situation and what has happened with injuries/recruiting/etc. I'll agree that he gets next year. I heard Jamie talk at the alumni gathering last week and after hearing what he has to say in person, I still think he's the right guy for the job, he just needs to figure out a way out of this rut, because I have no doubt that if we don't see an improvement next season, he won't be around anymore.
                            I agree Jamie stays for next season. With the losing I feel he has become a better guy.
                            I am not saying he is a better recruiter or better coach but I really feel he is a better person. Maybe the losing forced him into this but he used to be terrible on his players and currently he is much less critical and even throws some positives around once and a while. They will need to preform well for him at the start of next season or he won't last the year.

Comment

I agree Jamie stays for next season. With the losing I feel he has become a better guy.
                              I am not saying he is a better recruiter or better coach but I really feel he is a better person. Maybe the losing forced him into this but he used to be terrible on his players and currently he is much less critical and even throws some positives around once and a while. They will need to preform well for him at the start of next season or he won't last the year.
                              The crazy thing is, if he figures out a way to get this turned around, I think he has the potential to be a very good coach. He has shown signs of it in the past, hell, he was WCHA coach of the year a couple years ago. If he pulls this team through this, it is only going to make him a better coach in the future. I really hope he's able to pull it off, because if he can produce on-ice results, there is no doubt that he is the perfect man for this job, considering his passion for Tech hockey.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I agree that jamie is a much better coach than at the beginning of the year, but he still has a ways to go to be as good as Johnny Mac..Certainly there are things I'd like to see him do a better job of.... Maybe he ought to read the book, " Bo's lasting lessons" with John Bacon....And he needs for the university to give him some professional development.
                                I am not sure at all what will happen. And, I'm not at all sure that changing boats mid year is a good idea.
                                I think Tech can be a powerhouse program again, but there has to be a top quality staff all the way down the line. The best way to get that staff, short of paying way too much, is to develop it. I don't think Houghton is any worse of a town than Grand Forks or Duluth or Canton, Ny. But to get a kid to come here he has to be convinced his hockey will progress better than elsewhere. We have to do a better job financially, and media wise, and Jamie has to keep getting better. I think he can and I hope he stays.
                                Like the Chrysler ad says " The strongest steel comes from the hottest fires".

Comment

Working...
                                X