No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by melmac View Post
    Left a good job in the city...

working for the man every night and day ...

me and my big mouth!
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
      And two of them are probably the goalies.
      Going to be a quick Senior Night for MTU next Saturday, Cousens and Royer.
      So I guess on a positive note Tech does not lose very much and Baker & Olson will
      be back along with Kero and other recruits. If MTU is not better in the first 10 - 12 games next year, then Coach Russell has to go !

Comment

4th Annual Mitch's Misfits Favorite Husky Award

This year we will be giving an award to the Husky hockey player who is voted as our favorite.

There need not be any rhyme or reason to who you vote for. Just pick your favorite Husky, regardless of the reason why he is.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3CZSKKM

Voting will close on Thursday March 3rd at Noon.

Comment

Originally posted by Houghton77 View Post
          Going to be a quick Senior Night for MTU next Saturday, Cousens and Royer.
          So I guess on a positive note Tech does not lose very much and Baker & Olson will
          be back along with Kero and other recruits. If MTU is not better in the first 10 - 12 games next year, then Coach Russell has to go !
          I would still err on the side of caution and say that Olson may be back. I agree that with the injuries he has sustained in the past year, it is likely that he will return for his senior season, but you never know. Until he's on campus in September, everyone keep their fingers crossed.

Also, someone mentioned MN's depth. They aren't that good. We were swept by a desperate and healthy team, but not really that great of a team.

Now, North Dakota on the other hand, has no excuse not to bury us by at least six goals both nights.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Also, someone mentioned MN's depth. They aren't that good. We were swept by a desperate and healthy team, but not really that great of a team.
            MN has turned it on over the last month or so, they have turned themselves into a pretty good team.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              MN has turned it on over the last month or so, they have turned themselves into a pretty good team.
              They actually are playing to their potential. I don't know what or who kicked them in the arse, but they are realizing that they can be very good.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Fair enough. Since I don't pay attention to the Gophers, I'll take your word for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  I don't know what or who kicked them in the arse, but they are realizing that they can be very good.
                  John Hill did of course!
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I watched the game last night, man we it seemed like we were chippy. We haven't done that much of it this year. I also thought it seemed like Genoe would've had 1 or 2 of the UMN goals that Josh just couldn't get a hold of with the first shot. But it suppose it doesn't matter that much at this point who plays in net and Josh deserved a shot.

Regarding injuries, are we starting to get somewhat healthy?
                    Out: Olson and Likteig anyone else other than Baker?

And then without Schooley and Kattelus, this team is not the team Jamie put together, but still seems like we are aways from the point we were earlier this season of needing minutes from walk ons.

Comment

Fair enough. Since I don't pay attention to the Gophers, I'll take your word for it.
                      It's been night and day. Honestly.

I'm not asking too many questions, for fear it will change things. I'm just going to sit back and smile. For now.

As for the chippyness, I don't know what got into the teams. That's the sort of play we expect in a UND or WI series (not implying the play of those teams, merely the rivalry). But yeah it was getting ugly.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

As for the chippyness, I don't know what got into the teams. That's the sort of play we expect in a UND or WI series (not implying the play of those teams, merely the rivalry). But yeah it was getting ugly.
                        Honestly, nothing for us to do but goon it up now. I seriously hope there is a fight vs. the Sioux in the next two weekends; the threat of a suspension really doesn't matter at this point.

Comment

Honestly, nothing for us to do but goon it up now. I seriously hope there is a fight vs. the Sioux in the next two weekends; the threat of a suspension really doesn't matter at this point.
                          While I don't like that sort of play, I guess I wouldn't complain too much . Get the Sioux off their game, to affect them for the WCHA playoffs.

Comment

While I don't like that sort of play, I guess I wouldn't complain too much . Get the Sioux off their game, to affect them for the WCHA playoffs.
                            Seeing as how the huskies are guaranteed to play the sioux in their next 4 games...that might be able to be arranged.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Other than Nielsen, I would guess the sioux are better fighters also.

Maybe Coach Russell could take a page out of Herb Brooks book and start and all out brawl before the game starts.

Comment

Robby Nolan had his league leading 5th shutout over the Rapid City Rush in the CHL stopping 41 shots.
                                http://www.rapidcityrush.com/news/in...ad-more&id=486

He's also leading the league in GAA with a 2.17.
                                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Working...
                                X