No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
    Tech got burned twice tonight by the new rule that a goal does not cancel a delayed penalty. Does anyone know the ratonale for the NCAA changing this?

We came out slow and then seemed a little lazy for a large part of the third.

Jamie's teams/schemes have never worked well on the olympic size ice sheet.

Jamie's postgame thoughts:
    Gophers score two quick goals after our goal, we've done that too much this year
    Hockey is so emotional, need to control momentum, need to do little things to keep the momentum
    Some of the penalties tonight Jamie did not agree with them
    We were sloppy in the 1st with the backcheck
    Great start to 2nd period
    Kevin was terrific in 1st period, good saves, didn't like Gophs first 2 goals
    Need good puck management, didn't have that with Gophs SHG
    We have a 4th line player we're trying to get a few mins out of right now, just not getting those quality mins
    Did some good things on PP, did not have many PP chances, or full 2 min PPs tonight
    Johnstone made some good decisions on PP
    PP was smart getting it set up, "stoney" great job getting the puck in and getting PP set up, special teams not the issue tonight
    We were losing key faceoffs tonight, missed Brett Olson, McCadden was okay, Holmberg didn't have a good night on faceoffs
    Coach Russell must have a pretty large folder or excuses:
    The bottom line is Michigan Tech would have to play a flawless game to beat a team like Minnesota. Same old stuff injuries, freshman mistakes ( I will inject a comment here: MTU must have a player that can handle the puck better than D. Sova to play the top on the power play ) Sounds like we will see Josh Robinson tonight in the net. Although I felt Genoe was great. Big D Man skated right in front of him ( Screen ) covering nobody to give Minnesota their first goal and swing momentum in their favor.
    At times MTU looks like they can play but the depth of a Minnesota will win out a large percentage of the time. Blaming the Refs also a bad sign, good teams play through the Refs calls understanding that the will even out during the year. Hard to watch but I will be back in front of the TV tonight pulling for the Huskies !

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      I like the rule. Why should a goal cancel the delayed penalty. I never understood the rationale of that rule in the first place.
      I agree it does make sense, but it can turn a close game into a 2 goal game in no time. On the same token, Tech almost used it in their favor at the end of the 3rd, delayed penalty, Tech could score and they go on the PP one goal down.

Originally posted by Houghton77 View Post
      Sounds like we will see Josh Robinson tonight in the net. Although I felt Genoe was great.
      Why do you think that? Jamie sounded pretty happy with Kevin's play last night, plus Jamie likes to stick to one goalie at this time in the season.

Comment

no brooms for Tech

maybe a feather duster tonight?
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
          I like to keep my glass full.

melmac - Proud Mary.
          Ike & Tina, CCR, or both?
          (You kinda seem more like an Ike & Tina kinda gal, but I feel I should ask, just in case. )

just don't hit on the groom, nancy.
          Yeah... I don't think Brent's his type.

da^^n! hockey sucks.
          I thought the game was great. I don't understand...
          I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
            Ike & Tina, CCR, or both?
            (You kinda seem more like an Ike & Tina kinda gal, but I feel I should ask, just in case. )

Yeah... I don't think Brent's his type.

I thought the game was great. I don't understand...
            rollin' rollin' rollin' on the river ...

Ike and Tina. although I like CCR too.
            Boosh Factor 4

Comment

rollin' rollin' rollin' on the river ...

Ike and Tina. although I like CCR too.
              I should probably look into some surgery, and replace one of my left feet, huh?
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

For huskyfan.

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
                Former UMD/MTU hockey coach Sertich undergoes emergency surgery

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/eve...roup/homepage/

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  I should probably look into some surgery, and replace one of my left feet, huh?
                  Better wait til I'm done stepping on them
                  Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                    Tech got burned twice tonight by the new rule that a goal does not cancel a delayed penalty. Does anyone know the ratonale for the NCAA changing this?
                    With this new rule, if a team is on a PP, and there is another delayed penalty on the shorthanded team and a goal is scored, would there still be a 5x3 then?

I have been wondering about this ever since the new rule was introduced, but have not seen the situation occur yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                      With this new rule, if a team is on a PP, and there is another delayed penalty on the shorthanded team and a goal is scored, would there still be a 5x3 then?

I have been wondering about this ever since the new rule was introduced, but have not seen the situation occur yet.
                      No. the first penalty would be off the board, but the second penalty would still be there. It would be 5x4 for 2 minutes after the goal was scored.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by melmac View Post
                        For huskyfan.
                        Thanks for the update mel
                        Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Per Minnesota's substitute color guy tonight, only 6 Michigan Tech players have not missed at least one game this season.
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Left a good job in the city...

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                              Per Minnesota's substitute color guy tonight, only 6 Michigan Tech players have not missed at least one game this season.
                              And two of them are probably the goalies.
                              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Dont remember if this was posted or not but found this from the trip to Europe

Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                                Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Working...
                                X