No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

cc to shirtless: game starts at 6:30 tomorrow, let me know if you want me to get to your place earlier than we were thinking tonight
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      cc to shirtless: game starts at 6:30 tomorrow, let me know if you want me to get to your place earlier than we were thinking tonight
      cc to bbdl and crew: are we doing Sally's before the game Sat? Or are we showing up a little before gametime? And I will put this out there: if there is a vehicle to hold us all, I'll DD.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        cc to bbdl and crew: are we doing Sally's before the game Sat? Or are we showing up a little before gametime? And I will put this out there: if there is a vehicle to hold us all, I'll DD.
        I think some of us are going to Stub and Herbs pregame friday, there is a tech alumni party pregame that we've paid for already. The non-techies can tag along or drink upstairs at Stub and Herbs...go to Sally's...whatever. I may go to Sally's to pre-game the alumni party

You could drive my truck, but can you?
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The alumni gathering is saturday night...5:30 at my house tomorrow should still be fine.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I think some of us are going to Stub and Herbs pregame friday, there is a tech alumni party pregame that we've paid for already. The non-techies can tag along or drink upstairs at Stub and Herbs...go to Sally's...whatever. I may go to Sally's to pre-game the alumni party

You could drive my truck, but can you?
            Hey, dumbarse hick, I cannot make the game Friday. Moran. I'm talking about Sat. And no, I cannot drive stick.

JFC, you are the dumbest smart kid I know.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Meant to say Saturday, no alumni stuff Friday night. I'll plan on 5:30 still.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

This is obviously purely hypothetical, but what are the guesses on what kind of record this team would have right now with a healthy lineup card that looked like this:

Hauswirth - Olson - Baker
                Zabotel - Gordic - Furne
                Royer - Kattelus - MacLeod
                Pietila - Holmberg - Rix

Cousens - Seigo
                Sova - Nielson
                Doriott - Stebner

I don't think it would be outrageous to think they'd be fighting for home ice right now. Looking at that, you can see what Jamie was putting together, and it looks good, its just too bad it never worked out.
                Sad....why'd you have to bring this up, I had forgotten about Hauswirth and CPZ, oh where we could be if everything had come together for Jamie.

Comment

Sally's.
                  I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    If you're wrong, I'll dance with you.
                    just don't hit on the groom, nancy.
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Genoe makes number 7 spot on SportCenters Not Top Ten.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post
                        Some say the pitcher is half full, some say the pitcher is half empty.
                        An optimist will tell you the glass is half-full; the pessimist, half-empty; and the engineer will tell you the glass is twice the size it needs to be.
                        "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                        Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                          An optimist will tell you the glass is half-full; the pessimist, half-empty; and the engineer will tell you the glass is twice the size it needs to be.
                          Wrong. You forget safety factors.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Tech got burned twice tonight by the new rule that a goal does not cancel a delayed penalty. Does anyone know the ratonale for the NCAA changing this?

We came out slow and then seemed a little lazy for a large part of the third.

Jamie's teams/schemes have never worked well on the olympic size ice sheet.

Jamie's postgame thoughts:
                            Gophers score two quick goals after our goal, we've done that too much this year
                            Hockey is so emotional, need to control momentum, need to do little things to keep the momentum
                            Some of the penalties tonight Jamie did not agree with them
                            We were sloppy in the 1st with the backcheck
                            Great start to 2nd period
                            Kevin was terrific in 1st period, good saves, didn't like Gophs first 2 goals
                            Need good puck management, didn't have that with Gophs SHG
                            We have a 4th line player we're trying to get a few mins out of right now, just not getting those quality mins
                            Did some good things on PP, did not have many PP chances, or full 2 min PPs tonight
                            Johnstone made some good decisions on PP
                            PP was smart getting it set up, "stoney" great job getting the puck in and getting PP set up, special teams not the issue tonight
                            We were losing key faceoffs tonight, missed Brett Olson, McCadden was okay, Holmberg didn't have a good night on faceoffs

Comment

da^^n! hockey sucks.
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                                Tech got burned twice tonight by the new rule that a goal does not cancel a delayed penalty. Does anyone know the ratonale for the NCAA changing this?

I like the rule. Why should a goal cancel the delayed penalty. I never understood the rationale of that rule in the first place.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X