No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Maybe the pessimism is a bit of an over-reaction. Tech was 5-30-1 last year for 11 points. This year we "already" have 12 points (4-24-4) with 2 series to go. We hit rock bottom last year! We're on the way back already!!!!!

Give Russell that extension. 5 years.

What can I say. I'm a glass half-full person.

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by Houghton77 View Post
      You only bring in 5 or 6 freshman each year I would be shocked if these guys are recruited without direct contact with the Head Coach. Real blue chip players would never come to a school just dealing with the assistant coaches. Yes I am sure there is a process but Jamie Russell's butt is on the line and I am sure he is directly involved with the recruiting.
      Like I said, if their initial contact was with an assistant, then they are meeting with Russell during their campus visit.

Comment

direct contact
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Another good spot on KFAN radio today MeanEgirl! Hopefully it can bring us one more W.

I'm starting to buy into this theory of Tech not having the money to pay off Jamie's contract for next year so he'll be back with Suzanne hoping that things are better. If they aren't he may get fired like Watters did and we'll start the search. The huge downside to this is if things aren't better next year it's a lost season and we've delayed the rebuilding process by a year.

Comment

mEg was on KFAN? WHY? I listen all day except the garbage between 9 and 11, so she must have been on with PA. BUT AGAIN, WHY?
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              mEg was on KFAN? WHY? I listen all day except the garbage between 9 and 11, so she must have been on with PA. BUT AGAIN, WHY?
              Because Cardinal is on at 10 once a week to talk Gopher hockey/WCHA. It's the only time all week college hockey is talked about. Plus I've made her call the last two weeks. I'm a bad influence.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                Because Cardinal is on at 10 once a week to talk Gopher hockey/WCHA. It's the only time all week college hockey is talked about. Plus I've made her call the last two weeks. I'm a bad influence.
                Oh, so she called in. I was thinking that PA had her on as a guest or something, which blew my mind. That actually makes sense that she would actually call PA. I turn off iheartradio promptly at 9, PA makes me want to to slam my forehead on my desk.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                  I'm starting to buy into this theory of Tech not having the money to pay off Jamie's contract for next year so he'll be back with Suzanne hoping that things are better. If they aren't he may get fired like Watters did and we'll start the search. The huge downside to this is if things aren't better next year it's a lost season and we've delayed the rebuilding process by a year.
                  Oh I think it's quite likely that is what will happen - we're talking about the Institution here. However that doesn't mean Suzanne shouldn't be trying.

Comment

Oh, so she called in. I was thinking that PA had her on as a guest or something, which blew my mind. That actually makes sense that she would actually call PA. I turn off iheartradio promptly at 9, PA makes me want to to slam my forehead on my desk.
                    She called in originally because PA wanted to know if Tech had fans that road tripped.

PA has good stuff and bad stuff. I listen selectively.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      Honestly, it really wouldn't be that hard for everybody here to organize a call in to a radio station, and just take over their phone lines. Have everybody here on USCHO just call into the same station in like say the Twin Cities, all at the same time, and soon enough, and to have people keep calling, on like landlines and on their cells as well, just to keep the lines busy. It could be done. Hell, it would be worth it just to hear one of the many board jokes USCHO has on here on the air.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        She called in originally because PA wanted to know if Tech had fans that road tripped.

PA has good stuff and bad stuff. I listen selectively.
                        He's ok during baseball season, but I can't stand it when he starts talking football. And his bumper music, that he is constantly playing is brutally bad, and then sometimes he tries to sing with it. Shoot me.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

He's ok during baseball season, but I can't stand it when he starts talking football. And his bumper music, that he is constantly playing is brutally bad, and then sometimes he tries to sing with it. Shoot me.
                          I don't mind him at all.....until he starts talking bouncyball.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

call me crazy. but I think Tech could sweep this series.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Comment

So I won't be around this weekend; two days of skiing sounds better than Tech hockey. Plus if Tech sweeps, we'll know what/who the problem is.

Go Tech!

Comment

F2 is down for the weekend. huskyfans will be at the AF games. we need someone to step up and post the game. ms? Twitch? tcm? MacD?
                                Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Working...
                                X