No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    In Oct I watched MTU hockey in person 3 times. Tech won 2 games and tied the other. When I left Houghton, they were undefeated (4-0-2). They have not won a game since. If they lose tonight, they will have gone 21 games without a win. At least I have my health... *sigh*

Ryan J
    Dude, does Jamie know this? If he doesn't, get on the phone with him right away. You're obviously the Good Luck Variable that is missing from the Hockey Equation! No wonder the team is in a tailspin! If my Cessna wasn't in the shop for annual inspection I'd fly your butt up to Houghton in time for today's game!

Comment

If you really are interested in the SID, dig up the old "fire ian!" thread.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        The real elephant in the room is still the overal streak of 20 going on 21. The image below sums up how things are going in WI for Huskies fans...

*****http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/temp/huskyweather.jpg******

As if waking up to -19 F outside wasn't bad enough... In Oct I watched MTU hockey in person 3 times. Tech won 2 games and tied the other. When I left Houghton, they were undefeated (4-0-2). They have not won a game since. If they lose tonight, they will have gone 21 games without a win. At least I have my health... *sigh*
        While hilarious, it is not accurate. We're still only at 19 winless right now. It will be 20 if we lose the game tonight, but I understand the [lack of] optimism and counting difficulty.

Comment

Ooops, my bad. Well with any luck both the temperature and our losing streak will be closer to "0" starting tomorrow.
          Hope springs eternal...
          Go Tech!
          Ryan J
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Have we hit rock bottom yet?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Commissioner View Post
              Have we hit rock bottom yet?
              We hit rock bottom about a month ago and they just kept drilling.

Comment

Per USCHO's results, Michigan Tech's last goal was scored at the 17:33 mark of the 3rd period of the Friday game against St. Lawrence.

If my math is correct, that is a total of 182:27 without a goal. The current record is 231:40.
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I stopped paying attention after the 2nd goal, but both Dirk and Jamie seemed pretty up beat with the play tonight.

Jamie's postgame thoughts:
                  -Dirk feels better about overall 60 min play, Jamie agrees, great effort, guys played their hearts out,
                  -Against SLU, played well Fri, not sat, so focused on having a good night tonight, had to win battles
                  -Much improved on breakout, PK was outstanding
                  -We were shorthanded half the night, our guys were not undiciplined
                  -Wished we had a little more PP opportunity
                  -Made 2 mistakes that bit us, bad change by a Freshman, good 2nd goal by UMD
                  -On changed call from 2 min to 5 min, Jamie is being careful to not get fined, has never heard of anything like that in his 42 years of hockey
                  -Robinson was fantastic, rebound control was the best it's been all year, outstanding
                  -Witt rewarded with more ice time after Gubb was out of the game, played well
                  -The feeling on the bench was very different, solid in our decisions and what we did, crisp passing
                  -When we can get Gordic, Carl back, we need to be playing our best hockey
                  -Honestly, our guysy have stuck with it, it's been hard, losing sucks, proud of our guys for that

Comment

Pretty happy with the team though I missed the first half. I think that the pk was awesome. I loved Gubb, and Stonewall has been getting a lot better and he is getting starts he deserves. The pp was a little better but they need some set plays there to get loose and they need to move the puck faster, the breakout was not bad given especially that umd was really pressuring.I loved that holmberg seemed to make a big step forward in his play too. We did not win as many faceoffs though. that would have helped. If I was jamie I'd take them out for a steak tonight.I have no idea how the ref's can justify the changing of a call 15 minutes afterward.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      I have no idea how the ref's can justify the changing of a call 15 minutes afterward.
                      *points to thread title*

Because Michigan Tech cannot have nice things

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                        -On changed call from 2 min to 5 min, Jamie is being careful to not get fined, has never heard of anything like that in his 42 years of hockey
                        "When it rains, it pours."

Comment

Correction: the scoreless record stands at 231:20.

We will surpass this record at 8:53 of the 3rd period of our next game.
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

And a correction to THOSE numbers. This unprecedented suckage has affected my ability to do math.

Tech's last goal was at 17:33 of the second period against St. Lawrence Friday. That is 202:27 scoreless.

We will pass the old record of 231:20 at 8:53 of the second period against Wisconsin next Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                              And a correction to THOSE numbers. This unprecedented suckage has affected my ability to do math.

Tech's last goal was at 17:33 of the second period against St. Lawrence Friday. That is 202:27 scoreless.

We will pass the old record of 231:20 at 8:53 of the second period against Wisconsin next Friday.
                              your math sucks again, 5 minutes of OT in 4-4 tie with SLU....207:27

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                                your math sucks again, 5 minutes of OT in 4-4 tie with SLU....207:27
                                I quit math. I should have just gone to Ann Arbor, then I wouldn't have this problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X