No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

That goal made the MSN homepage (I refuse to watch ESPN anymore), bad things always happen to this program. A fluke goal for sure however, but it's always something.

Tech has really nice jerseys though, very sharp.

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by guinness View Post
      Tech has really nice jerseys though, very sharp.
      What!?! We have a nice thing!?!?! Awesome!

You all know what this means, right? Ian will redesign the jerseys in the offseasn and the ugly husky head will make a comeback.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Looking for ideas where to look for a possible penalty for a player dropping items on to the ice from the players box. Like a stick

Comment

Originally posted by The_Commissioner View Post
          We will know a lot about the goals, drive, and character of the administration if our athletic director is still employed right around this time next month.
          I don't get this. The character/employement of the AD? What about the other successful programs? What about the call on the head coach for the women's bball team that everyone had given up on before the season even started? That looks pretty good right now. I know many people on this board think nothing but hockey matters, but there's a whole lot more for the AD to do that just hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
            Looking for ideas where to look for a possible penalty for a player dropping items on to the ice from the players box. Like a stick
            Do you mean in a rulebook or an example from a game?
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Do you mean in a rulebook or an example from a game?
              I am looking for the rule book. I've downloaded the NCAA Rules. Looks like ther is a rule but can't find it in the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                In other news, I played hockey against Anthony Schooley today...he's playing intramural hockey at Tech in the B league....and for Sig Eps....it was a close game (3-2 about halfway through) until he decided to actually play instead of standing around, sniped 2 goals upper left corner on our goalie from the blueline....and that opened the floodgates....final score 8-3

I did get the puck from him once though, playing in the boards, other than that we got all walked over by him
                I'm amazed that Schooley is still on campus. He quit on this team and has watched them struggle for months. I do think that losing Schooley and Kattelus hurt this team a ton on top of the all the injuries being mixed in.

This team really is nothing like what Jamie envisioned when he was recruiting and building this team. It really make you wonder what it would look like if they were full strength.

Originally posted by The_Commissioner View Post
                We will know a lot about the goals, drive, and character of the administration if our athletic director is still employed right around this time next month.
                I would say there's no chance Suzanne is gone in a month. With the success of the football and both basketball programs, plus she's not the one that hired Jamie in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Unleash The Hounds View Post
                  Do we want to compete at the D1 level, or do we just want a D1 program even if they're a complete laughingstock? We will know a lot about the goals, drive, and character of our athletic director right around this time next month.
                  Pres. Mroz is the person responsible for making a decision about the Head Coach. Unfortunately, he's preoccupied with trying to keep the classroom doors open and figuring out to make Tech a private institution. Plus, I think there's a lot of denial going on. Why else would the University spend the money to build skyboxes in the smallest arena in the WCHA with the worst attendance.

Let's face it, Tech is not a hockey school any more. The hockey program has been losing for as long as the current students have been ALIVE! The basketball and football programs are more successful and less expensive to operate. At a luncheon last year with Pres. Mroz, he did not even mention the hockey program until he was asked about it. And when I asked about a new coach, he just shrugged his shoulders and had a blank "will see" look on his face.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think the Administration is going to do anything to improve the program and my fear is that when Big Ten hockey starts up, the Administration will take the opportunity to kill the program. It's all about the money these days...
                  "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                  Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                    Pres. Mroz is the person responsible for making a decision about the Head Coach. Unfortunately, he's preoccupied with trying to keep the classroom doors open and figuring out to make Tech a private institution. Plus, I think there's a lot of denial going on. Why else would the University spend the money to build skyboxes in the smallest arena in the WCHA with the worst attendance.
                    Oh, I don't know, it may have something to do with the huge monetary donation that was made for that project.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Oh, I don't know, it may have something to do with the huge monetary donation that was made for that project.
                      "The suites were made possible through a $1-million donation by Tech benefactors Ruanne and John ’61 Opie."
                      Well that explains that. Too bad they didn't endow a Chair for a new head coach...
                      "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                      Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                        "The suites were made possible through a $1-million donation by Tech benefactors Ruanne and John ’61 Opie."
                        Well that explains that. Too bad they didn't endow a Chair for a new head coach...
                        if you want to make a $100k donation to pay for Russell's salary next season...I'm sure that would help if you want him fired...put your money where your mouth is.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Found what I was looking for. Was scrolling the wrong direction in the 190 page rules.

Comment

Apparently, Genoe will be on TSN's Off the Record in Canada tonight. Chances that this is about that goal...
                            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                              Apparently, Genoe will be on TSN's Off the Record in Canada tonight. Chances that this is about that goal...
                              JFC, not even Frazee got it this bad.
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

And he just made Around the Horn.

Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                                X