No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

The goal may now be found somewhere on YouTube. I am not posting it, because I refuse to watch it.

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Do we want to compete at the D1 level, or do we just want a D1 program even if they're a complete laughingstock? We will know a lot about the goals, drive, and character of our athletic director right around this time next month.

Comment

Almost forgot, wanted to bring this up.

During the first intermission, Dirk was interviewing some guy who is part of USA Hockey (I think. Forgot his name, sorry). He said he came up for Carnival, and was on the flight from Chicago with several players' parents. He said they were all incredibly upbeat and optimistic about next year.

Of course, they are parents, so take it for what it's worth. However it got me thinking that if the parents are optimistic, does that increase the odds that Russell stays?

Food for thought.

Comment

where's seth soley when you need him.

Comment

Originally posted by UMDdangler View Post
            where's seth soley when you need him.
            Please. Soley was one of last year's biggest distractions.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              The goal may now be found somewhere on YouTube. I am not posting it, because I refuse to watch it.
              It made #3 on sportscenter, fyi.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Almost forgot, wanted to bring this up.

During the first intermission, Dirk was interviewing some guy who is part of USA Hockey (I think. Forgot his name, sorry). He said he came up for Carnival, and was on the flight from Chicago with several players' parents. He said they were all incredibly upbeat and optimistic about next year.

Of course, they are parents, so take it for what it's worth. However it got me thinking that if the parents are optimistic, does that increase the odds that Russell stays?

Food for thought.
                It wouldn't have been that Fischer guy that used to be our SID, would it?
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

When I posted this a couple months ago, it was in jest. Tonight, it's no joke. Sorry Kevin, but if that makes Sportscenter, you've earned it:

I have to diagree F2BG

The puck took one bounce and Kevin was going down to block it. I have no idea how the puck landed and how different ways it could have bounced depending on howit landed on the ice. What te TV didn't show was Kevin later showing Cousens where the puck hit. In the over head you can see that Kevin show the bounce( can't see in on TV) and was moving to stop the puck. It was not a straight in bounce.

Will rant later on the game.

I sure didn't see a team that gave up and wasn't playing hard.

Comment

well I am also quite optimistic about next year too. Would be good to beat the goofs this coming weekend. incredibly good.
                    I bet the team is stuck in Denver and it could be late tomorrow when they get home.
                    Glad to hear they didn't give up.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Giving up a shorty from 195 feet away, is on par for our season. My first though on seeing the video is that he backed up into the paint and made himself small, rather than moving out towards the puck and cutting down the angle. If they would have lost by one goal I guess I would be more bummed out about it, but even without that blunder Tech didn't score enough to win anyway so I'll chalk it up to an amusing "I can't believe that just happened to us" moment. We got a split against a top five team on the road. Even if we were having an awesome season we would call that a sucessful weekend. It would just be nice to have more successful weekends in a row, but we can not have (too many) nice things.

Ryan J
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Well, I guess I'll get it over with and submit it to Fark.

As for Tech, they're now a nationwide laughingstock with nothing left to play for, not even pride. Why not pull a giant "who's laughing NOW?" on the WCHA and start blatantly Anaheiming the hell out of everything on skates? What have they got to lose? At least they'd get their respect back.

Actually, never mind. I remember the last time that happened.

Last edited by Twitch Boy; 02-20-2011, 03:38 PM.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
                          When I posted this a couple months ago, it was in jest. Tonight, it's no joke. Sorry Kevin, but if that makes Sportscenter, you've earned it:

I have to diagree F2BG

The puck took one bounce and Kevin was going down to block it. I have no idea how the puck landed and how different ways it could have bounced depending on howit landed on the ice. What te TV didn't show was Kevin later showing Cousens where the puck hit. In the over head you can see that Kevin show the bounce( can't see in on TV) and was moving to stop the puck. It was not a straight in bounce.

Will rant later on the game.

I sure didn't see a team that gave up and wasn't playing hard.
                          That, and the shot did start off from behind a crowd, that would have made it just that much harder to pick up as well.
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by Unleash The Hounds View Post
                            Do we want to compete at the D1 level, or do we just want a D1 program even if they're a complete laughingstock? We will know a lot about the goals, drive, and character of our athletic director right around this time next month.
                            We will know a lot about the goals, drive, and character of the administration if our athletic director is still employed right around this time next month.

Comment

What's this I read on GPL about Gordic being done for the year, miss RWD?

If true, this video sums up the Michigan Tech Fan Experience better than any other.

Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Did anyone else notice how high that fluke goal went in the air when he shot it.

It must have been at least 15 feet. no wonder he didn't see it.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X