No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Nice win Tech. Two SHGs!

Furne is going to be a great player in this league. 3 of Tech's top 5 scorers are freshman. Brighter days ahead?

Comment

Congratulation to Tech for coming into Denver and taking advantage of a Denver Team that is tanking. It has to feel really good. Your boys were going nuts as they left the ice tonight.
        Go Pioneers!

Comment

bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Wasn't home tonight and just got done watching the game on the DVR, nice win. Not sure how much of it is DU playing poorly or Tech getting it together, but they created some offensive chances tonight and Genoe played well. I thought for sure the quick DU goal in the 3rd would do us in, but thye stuck with it. Great to see the excitment as the clock ticked to 0 and they got the monkey off their back. Oh yeah, great goal by Furne, we usually miss wide when a guy tries to make a play on a breakaway, nice shot with the backhand.

Comment

Did Jamie or Dirk say anything about Gordic?

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                I haven't heard anything, but it looked like his wrist. He landed funny on that little sequence of play. For a brief second, you could see him taking off his glove on the ice, and for a moment, a couple of us thought Brittain's skate might have hit it. Glad that wasn't the case.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  I haven't heard anything, but it looked like his wrist. He landed funny on that little sequence of play. For a brief second, you could see him taking off his glove on the ice, and for a moment, a couple of us thought Brittain's skate might have hit it. Glad that wasn't the case.
                  I sit write next to the shoot where MTU goes off the ice. It looked like he broke it. He came off the ice stood on the back of the bench for about 30 seconds with his head on the glass, banged his other hand hard on the glass and then headed to the locker room. I think it happened before he fell.
                  Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                    I sit write next to the shoot where MTU goes off the ice. It looked like he broke it. He came off the ice stood on the back of the bench for about 30 seconds with his head on the glass, banged his other hand hard on the glass and then headed to the locker room. I think it happened before he fell.
                    TV showed the hand-banging sequence, so that's when concerns were really raised.

Of course, at the time, I asked MeanEgirl if he was a defensive asset, she shrugged, and I then said "well you have the lead already, so just play D. Your offense is taken care of right now."

But seriously, that's another blow to MTU. Yeah, it can't really get worse, but still....
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Tech will win everything this year!

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                        Towards the end of the game, Dirk got word that he will not return this weekend. Nothing further than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                          Tech will win everything this year!

0:44 mark:

* THE RED WINGS!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                            Nice win Tech. Two SHGs!

Furne is going to be a great player in this league. 3 of Tech's top 5 scorers are freshman. Brighter days ahead?
                            Just wanted to add my congrats. See, I told ya your team had more wins in them this season. Hope Gordic is okay, I was very impressed with him when I saw him play in Anchorage. That poor kid has had such bad luck with injuries.
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

So winning gets us featured on the front page of USCHO, however it's a photo of Robinson taking a puck to the face. Robo, didn't play last night.
                              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

God dammit. Of course tech wins against the team I don't want to see lose the rest of the season. I think shirtless guy will share mhy rage and dismay.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X