No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
    On the brightside maybe he's missed enough time this year that he comes back for his Senior year to put up bigger numbers?
    Or, MTU could try and push for a hardship case with the NCAA where he gets his fifth year.

But that would mean the player, the players family, his agent family adviser and MTU all want to participate in an extra year and file the paperwork to keep him around.

*edit* They can still push for this to get him two more years, if next year is his supposed to be his senior year.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

With the injury time Olson sustained, I think he'll be back. He likely could've bolted for the ECHL after his sophomore year, but he chose not to.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Or, MTU could try and push for a hardship case with the NCAA where he gets his fifth year.

But that would mean the player, the players family, his agent family adviser and MTU all want to participate in an extra year and file the paperwork to keep him around.

*edit* They can still push for this to get him two more years, if next year is his supposed to be his senior year.
        No they can't, he played too late into the season...if he had not returned from his original injury, he might be eligible but not after returning from that.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Well if he comes back it might be the first time in a while we have two bonafide snipers. That would really be nice.

On another subject, I noticed that the minnesota players, when discussing how they got so many goals last saturday pointed out that they made Brittian move his feet and shot low. Do you think the Huskies have noticed this?
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            On another subject, I noticed that the minnesota players, when discussing how they got so many goals last saturday pointed out that they made Brittian move his feet and shot low. Do you think the Huskies have noticed this?
            Yes, but the Huskies will miss the net wide.

Comment

On injuries:
              Olson had an MRI, results are not back, our trainer is meeting with MRI, it looks like he'll be out 2-3 weeks maybe for the year
              Whoa, wait, the Trainer is injuried??
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                Whoa, wait, the Trainer is injuried??
                Yeah I saw that, I was tired Wed. morning! The trainer will meet with the doctor.

I haven't had time to follow the Tech/DU thread, has TV been discussed? It looks like Fox College Sports live tonight and then FCS tomorrow but on tape delay for those of us with Charter? Is that what others are expecting?

Comment

From the Hockey News Hot List:
                  Blake Pietila, LW – U.S. NTDP (USHL)
                  Committed to Michigan Tech, Pietila came up big for the Americans at the recent Five Nations tournament in the Czech Republic. The mid-sized winger had Team USA’s first two goals in an eventual 7-4 over Finland to capture the tourney title and put in the shorthanded winner against the Czechs before that. Overall, he had seven points in four games. Draft eligible in 2011.
                  good job Blake. Please give us (at least) two years. Please?
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Yeah I saw that, I was tired Wed. morning! The trainer will meet with the doctor.

I haven't had time to follow the Tech/DU thread, has TV been discussed? It looks like Fox College Sports live tonight and then FCS tomorrow but on tape delay for those of us with Charter? Is that what others are expecting?
                    Fox Sports Rocky Mountain is showing both games live. Of course you need to find someone with a satellite and the full sports package. Good luck

Comment

I can't stand to think about Tech vs. Denver, so here's another completely unrelated story some of you might like:
                      Ben Johnson's junior season may be his last for Calumet hockey
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        I can't stand to think about Tech vs. Denver, so here's another completely unrelated story some of you might like:
                        Ben Johnson's junior season may be his last for Calumet hockey
                        Not surprising - he's learned just about everything he can at the HS level, and should be playing with the Force this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Not surprising - he's learned just about everything he can at the HS level, and should be playing with the Force this fall.
                          yeah, he wouldn't have been back this year either except his dad's future was a complete unknown last summer, he is in remission now.

Comment

Good game tonight.
                            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Tech! Tech! Tech!
                              Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Winning in style with TWO SHG. That Furne SH GWG was fantastic.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X