No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Please tell me that I'm not supposed to be happy that we tied with the 11th place team in the league?

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      *looks up list of 100 Most Frequently Challenged/Banned Books*

This could be fun!
      "On A Cold Winter's Day, The Kama Sutra Shows The Way"

"We Love Snow, We Want Some More, So Here's Some Rule 34"
      Last edited by Twitch Boy; 02-12-2011, 02:53 AM.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Is the sky always blue in your world?
        Actually no, it is black, silver and gold 24/7.
        ;-)
        Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Unleash The Hounds View Post
          Please tell me that I'm not supposed to be happy that we tied with the 11th place team in the league?
          You are not supposed to be happy with tying the 11th place team in the league. Unless...

a) it is the start of a turnaround that will show tangable results in the future (i.e. a turning point)
          b) the team was not in a position to win at any point
          c) it is your first conference point in almost 4 months

Time will tell for option a. Option b is where things become most disapointing, because Tech was ahead in the third period. Even after the Beavers tied it, they had two high quality scoring chances (one in the third, one in OT) that they did not bury [edit: or Bakala made a huge save, if I am giving credit]. So, you are left with c. Be happy that we earned a conference point.

It is alright to be happy, but to still not be content. If we were content with last night, then we need to pack in the program and call it a day. But I don't think anyone is content, and perhaps we will see this as the turning point of the program, that maybe they are coming out of the darkness that has been around since October. We may never know, given the schedule after this weekend.
          Philbert
          ---------------
          Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
          GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post

It is alright to be happy, but to still not be content. If we were content with last night, then we need to pack in the program and call it a day. But I don't think anyone is content, and perhaps we will see this as the turning point of the program, that maybe they are coming out of the darkness that has been around since October. We may never know, given the schedule after this weekend.
            I agree. I am not content, but I don't think last night was a turning point, (since it was not the blackest and most down spot we have been in,) I think that was after the loss to Slu. So even though we had no results for a while and still really have none, I look at that game as the turning point.
            FwiW I think they have been and are continuing to get a little bit better every week.I love Gubb, I think he has made an impact in how hard he plays. I think Neilson's return made a big difference on chances given up, and a number of others just keep playing better. And so from here I'm glad they played as well as they did,... but want a win tonight. A Three point weekend would be a big step forward. Yes the schedule is real tough and certainly We still have a ways to go to be competitive.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Another game, another loss.

Jamie's postgame thoughts:
              We were sold defensively, they didn't give up a lot
              We had some good chances, thought we would breakthrough on PP
              Not a lot to say to the team, one major mistake, needed better puck protection, had a Dman that blew a wheel and gave up a breakaway
              First thing Jamie said was that Kevin was great this weekend, he's strung together 4 games in a row

Comment

Brutal. If losing the Carnival series in the last five minutes of the game isn't completely demoralizing, I don't know what is.

Eight straight losses to end the season. Book it.

Comment

We need to give Jamie Russell the Hosni Mubarak treatment.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    I tried to work that into a Completely Baseless Scoring Prediction yesterday, but I guess I wasn't in a creative mood.

Comment

I do believe, however, that it is time to submit my attempt at cheering everyone up. With the way things are going, I'm afraid that this is rapidly becoming a February tradition.

This year's topic:

Signs Your School's Head Coach Will Be Fired

13. His desk has been moved out next to the arena dumpster

12. He doesn't coach AIC, {PROVICED or Maine

11. Local purchases of feather pillows have tripled since December

10. Volunteer coach keeps asking if he can have his off-the-books tip a couple months early this season

9. After games is spotted near campus, in a nondescript van, offering rides to drunk girls

8. In desperation, he attempted to submit a waiver claim for Nabokov

7. Team's weakest players have gradually disappeared; are found in late March at the bottom of the local river or lake

6. "We just never had the jump tonight...we weren't moving our feet...we couldn't finish...I wasn't wearing my lucky underwear...our star player didn't get birthday sex last week..."

5. Your team's defense is so bad, the goalies have been prescribed Valium to calm their nerves

4. He hopes the local pizza joint somehow has a promotion - "Eat ten pizzas, get a one-year contract extension free!"

3. Never makes a big decision without first asking, "What Would Mike Milbury Do?"

2. Even the lonely old widow at the ticket office won't speak to him anymore

1. Rumors swirl that he's interviewing to become an assistant coach for the Maple Leafs

Comment

BREAKING NEWS!

Mankato did, in fact, get that win over CC. Didn't see it on USCHO until just now for some reason.

That leaves us 13 points behind Bemidji in 11th place, with 12 points in hand. The Tragic Number is thus reduced below 0.

MICHIGAN TECH THREE-PEATS AS YOUR WCHA BASEMENT DWELLERS!

Last edited by Twitch Boy; 02-12-2011, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          Not even the Husky mascot setting himself on fire in front of the Union during class change will be enough to motivate anyone to protest. For the current generation of students, a losing hockey team is as normal as the smell of beer breath on Friday night in Houghton.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Commissioner View Post
                            Not even the Husky mascot setting himself on fire in front of the Union during class change will be enough to motivate anyone to protest. For the current generation of students, a losing hockey team is as normal as the smell of beer breath on Friday night in Houghton.
                            I think we can actually agree on something here. With the exception of diehard Misfits and HPB members, the current students just don't care.

It's the alumni that should be making noise.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              I think we can actually agree on something here. With the exception of diehard Misfits and HPB members, the current students just don't care.

It's the alumni that should be making noise.
                              Attendance tonight of 2708. For a Carny game. Brutal.

Comment

You won't hear this from me very often, but I actually feel really bad for you guys.
                                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X