No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Michigan Tech is not going to set the record for most consecutive WCHA losses. It will not happen, and it certainly will not happen tonight. Quote it, goddamit, and it will happen. The Huskies will not lose tonight.

Unless they do.

8 hours til gametime. GO TECH!
    Philbert
    ---------------
    Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
    GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Weeeeee!!! Friday is here and time for eternal optimism... Good job on the statues to the students they look as nice as always... On to the games, with what looks to be almost a complete line-up back it's time to score a few WCHA points. Let's say a 3 point weekend, a win on friday and a tie on sat. !!! GOOOO HUSKIES!!!

Comment

What was the Carny theme this year?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          What was the Carny theme this year?
          Thousands of Pages Unfold in the Bitter Cold. Books, etc.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

*looks up list of 100 Most Frequently Challenged/Banned Books*

This could be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
              I had Cheryl for intro to ice skating?, hey I neede 0.5 phys ed credit, and to bring figure skating up as reason we may be struggling is crazy. It may be sarcasm, but I missed it, so much more is going on than that.
              Nope, I'm as serious as a heart attack. Figure skating is all about precision, balance, focus and consistency. All of which would benefit this year's team. Wax on, wax off...
              "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
              Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                Nope, I'm as serious as a heart attack. Figure skating is all about precision, balance, focus and consistency. All of which would benefit this year's team. Wax on, wax off...
                That or the fact that the guys would have to go out and skate with toepicks and pink tutus say every tuesday in an open to the public MacInnes until the streak is over would be a hell of a motivational tool.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                  Nope, I'm as serious as a heart attack.
                  I'm sure you are.....

3 hours till game time. LET'S GO TECH!
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Our WCHA losing streak has changed to a winless streak.

Jamie's postgame thoughts:
                    Good hockey game both ways
                    Both PKs were good, our PP struggled, again things changed on PP when Brett went out
                    Johnstone was good, killed 30 secs on PK just working his tail off
                    For Olson, too early to tell for tomorrow, doesn't look promissing, would be shocked if he's in the lineup tomorrow
                    We had some great chances in OT, not sure how Gubb's didn't go in
                    For tomorrow we need to work on where we put the puck, don't dump it in behind their goal
                    The three PKs in a row really zapped our energy, but we were able to come back from that
                    Genoe was terrific, 3 game in a row now

Early start tomorrow - 5:07 ET

Comment

That tie reduces Tech's Tragic Number to 4 (1 Tech point conceded and 1 BSU point gained.)

To clinch the basement, Tech needs a loss along with both St. Cloud and Mankato taking at least 1 point this weekend (otherwise Bemidji jumps over them out of 11th place, leaving tTN stranded at 1.)
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

What's the NCAA record for winless streak? Maybe you guys have it already in this thread but the board is going too slow right now for me to look through it. I know Anchorage had at least 35, but I can't find a schedule to see how far that carried over into the next season.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          What's the NCAA record for winless streak? Maybe you guys have it already in this thread but the board is going too slow right now for me to look through it. I know Anchorage had at least 35, but I can't find a schedule to see how far that carried over into the next season.
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Losing_streak_%28sport%29

Division 1: Prairie View football: 80 games
                          All divisions: Cal Tech Beavers basketball: 304 games
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            Well, Anchorage won the first game of their next season. As for WCHA play, the longest winless streak is CC with 29 games from '60-'62.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Losing_streak_%28sport%29

Division 1: Prairie View football: 80 games
                              All divisions: Cal Tech Beavers basketball: 304 games
                              at about 25 games a season, CalTech went 12 years without a win. They're even nerdier than what MTU is, but still, you would have thought they would have though they would have found a few tall computer nerds who could shotblock, rebound and pass to whoever could hit 3's.
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                                Two very different types of skating. Even the skates themselves have major differences changing technique to do it well.
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X