No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

its Carnival week and Tech plays tough. they win one and tie one. or they tie one on.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      its Carnival week and Tech plays tough. they win one and tie one. or they tie one on.
      *****http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGOeLngWWNWw0qVVBmgFN3Z8tP5VV1m 4meqdV8lv2kiNCXnLn_Cg&t=1******

We are now armed with Mighty Joint!

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
        With all this talk about Cleveland breaking the NBA losing streak record, do we know what the NCAA record is for winless streaks? We must be close.
        Prairie View A&M Panthers (football): 80 games

The rest of the list for other sports:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Losing_streak_%28sport%29
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Prairie View A&M Panthers (football): 80 games

The rest of the list for other sports:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Losing_streak_%28sport%29
          Holy crap CalTech men's basketball team.
          Last edited by Dirty; 02-10-2011, 08:33 AM.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            Holy crap CalTech men's basketball team.
            Yeah, that's like going a whole decade without a win. Talk about your PLC.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
              Talk about your PLC.
              Don't encourage him, please.

Comment

The Jamie interview is up. Link

Nothing new, just that we've had a lot of injuries and we've tied CCs records for longest losing streak for WCHA games.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  The rest of the list for other sports:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Losing_streak_%28sport%29
                  I found this one notable - an entire season + 5 more. Ouch.
                  United States Hockey League: Omaha Lancers: 53 games (entire 1986-87 season, 5 games of the 87-88 season)

It doesn't matter however because our streak is ending this weekend. You didn't hear it here first, but you heard it none the less. Our slogan is to remember that Weekend starts with a "W" and doesn't contain any "L"s.
                  Ryan J
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    I found this one notable - an entire season + 5 more. Ouch.
                    United States Hockey League: Omaha Lancers: 53 games (entire 1986-87 season, 5 games of the 87-88 season)

It doesn't matter however because our streak is ending this weekend. You didn't hear it here first, but you heard it none the less. Our slogan is to remember that Weekend starts with a "W" and doesn't contain any "L"s.
                    Ryan J
                    Is the sky always blue in your world?
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Last year's 5 wins and 10th place finish don't look so bad now, eh? Every team has to deal with injuries. If Jamie's teams have more than others, then that indicates a weakness in the strength and conditioning program.

Too bad Cheryl DePuydt past away a few years ago. I had her for ice skating class and she was absolutely wonderful. I heard that she used to work with the hockey players to improve their balance. She was small but she could go up to a player and just push him over. I bet if the players were forced to take figure skating lessons, their hockey game would vastly improve...
                      Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 02-10-2011, 09:32 PM.
                      "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                      Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        *****http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGOeLngWWNWw0qVVBmgFN3Z8tP5VV1m 4meqdV8lv2kiNCXnLn_Cg&t=1******

We are now armed with Mighty Joint!
                        LOL! I'm quite sure that's "medical" marijuana.
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                          Last year's 5 wins and 10th place finish don't look so bad now, eh? Every team has to deal with injuries. If Jamie's teams have more than others, then that indicates a weakness in the strength and conditioning program.

Too bad Cheryl DePuydt past away a few years ago. I had her for ice skating class and she was absolutely wonderful. I heard that she used to work with the hockey players to improve their balance. She was small but she could go up to a player and just push him over. I bet if the players were forced to take figure skating lessons, their hockey game would vastly improve...
                          I agree it's starting to look back that Suzanne didn't pull the plug after last year now that we have a repeat again this year. Sad part is that we hat actually have some decen recruit for next year and Jamie may not be here.

I had Cheryl for intro to ice skating?, hey I neede 0.5 phys ed credit, and to bring figure skating up as reason we may be struggling is crazy. It may be sarcasm, but I missed it, so much more is going on than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            In 2002-2003 Alaska Anchorage went 1-28-7...they won their first game and never won again..
                            Geez Shirtless Guy, thanks so much for the trip down memory lane..

Still. I'm really hoping Tech sweeps the Beavers this weekend. Nothing against Bemidji, but the Huskies need this one!

Shirtless Guy..? Hey. That reminds me. There was something on Craigslist I need to look for.

Good luck this weekend!! ~~ Win BOTH nights!

Comment

Ahhh, Optimism. It must be Friday!!!!! Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
                                Geez Shirtless Guy, thanks so much for the trip down memory lane..

Still. I'm really hoping Tech sweeps the Beavers this weekend. Nothing against Bemidji, but the Huskies need this one!

Shirtless Guy..? Hey. That reminds me. There was something on Craigslist I need to look for.

Good luck this weekend!! ~~ Win BOTH nights!
                                On more reason to wonder how John Hill has a job right now...
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X