No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

I liked Ian's slip this morning when touching on all of the Tech sports he said, and then hockey and every thing that's going wrong, or around that program wtih the blue line luncheon etc. this week.

Jamie's drive time thoughts:
    Much better 60 min performance on sat than Fri
    Really improved on breakout and play though neutral zone, D partner worked together
    Olson-Gordic-Furne line will stay together, work well together and produce
    Faceoffs are a huge part of puck pocession, improved

On Bemidji:
    we've played them a few times the fast few years
    They'll fire the puck off the glass in the D zone, go for that breakaway and 2x1 chance
    We lost a game 2-1 when we played them and had more chances, shots etc., but they go for that stretch pass and breakaway opportunity

On injuries:
    Pietila and Nielson practiced yesterday, both are looking good to go this weekend
    Saturday we rolled 4 lines, our energy was so much better
    Most nights we've been playing 9 forwards, being able to roll 12 forwards is so much better

On travel:
    took red eye, Anchorage-Salt Lake City-Detroit-Marquette, then a bus home
    Left 1AM sunday, got into rink at 8PM, they got Monday off
    No weights this week, no skating treadmill, shorter practices yesterday and today

On flukey goal by Mcleod, bounced right before goal tender, good bounces
    Jamie talked with Shyiak on Monday and UAA goalie made some huge saves on us
    Late penalty Sat. killed any momentum for a comeback

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Win A (as in single) game the rest of the year? I'll bet a Maker's Mark at the bar on it.
      Ok, you're on. Tech will finish this season with 3 wins.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
        soo speaking of Wayne State and by accident Mich Tech.... Did anyone else see sportscenter this morning with the wayne state guy dunking a rebound over 2 huskies??? well at least they were on espn
        I missed that. The GLIAC South is shaping up to be a real dog fight between Findlay and Wayne State.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
          I missed that. The GLIAC South is shaping up to be a real dog fight between Findlay and Wayne State.
          Are you living in year 2000? Both of those schools dropped their teams.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Actually, I think he lives in a van down by the river.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
              soo speaking of Wayne State and by accident Mich Tech.... Did anyone else see sportscenter this morning with the wayne state guy dunking a rebound over 2 huskies??? well at least they were on espn
              When I saw that on SportsCenter's Top Plays, I died a little inside. The first time in my life that I see D-2 basketball make SportsCenter, and it is the Michigan Tech Huskies getting posterized. But hey, the SID likely considered it marketing.
              Philbert
              ---------------
              Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
              GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                No weights this week, no skating treadmill, shorter practices yesterday and today
                If the Huskies win this weekend, they need to set the skating treadmill on fire.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  The WCHA blog on this site will apparently be interviewing Russell, in an article to be released on Thursday.
                  Don't get excited, probably just another chance for him to play the injury card and garner sympathy. Can't expect the writers on this site to ask tough questions, since they have no vested interest in the team's welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post
                    When I saw that on SportsCenter's Top Plays, I died a little inside. The first time in my life that I see D-2 basketball make SportsCenter, and it is the Michigan Tech Huskies getting posterized. But hey, the SID likely considered it marketing.
                    If you listened to Drive Time this morning you'd know that Kevin Luke does

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      I said GLIAC South. The GLIAC has never sponsered hockey, though that could change with the looming BTHC coming....

Well, it is cheaper than just being a wannabe all sports D1 school thats just happy to be on the ticker.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

I'm going to listen to David Brandon speak pretty soon here. I hope I get the chance to ask about the BTHC. Would be interesting to see what he says.

I think the injury bug is a legit excuse, but still losing *****. Funny how all the big dogs in college hockey are showing signs of being beatable. I'd bet Tech get's at least one more win this year. In fact I think they get two,But yeah, I'm an optimist.

oh,.... a very interesting piece by Jay Bilas on ESPN, about coach K and how he coaches to win games. Might be on youtube.
                        Last edited by manurespreader; 02-09-2011, 06:58 PM. Reason: content.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Just saw it for myself. Honestly, I think it must have been a slow night for ESPN to throw that up there in the Top Ten. Its a nice dunk, but not quite the earth moving backboard shattering thunderdunk it would usually take for a D2 game to get national notice.

For those that care to see it...

It just happens.

Comment

With all this talk about Cleveland breaking the NBA losing streak record, do we know what the NCAA record is for winless streaks? We must be close.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                              With all this talk about Cleveland breaking the NBA losing streak record, do we know what the NCAA record is for winless streaks? We must be close.
                              In 2002-2003 Alaska Anchorage went 1-28-7...they won their first game and never won again...so we have a while to catch that...not even sure if that is the record.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                In 2002-2003 Alaska Anchorage went 1-28-7...they won their first game and never won again...so we have a while to catch that...not even sure if that is the record.
                                If we tie/lose every game for the rest of the season, I believe we'll finish up winless in 32 - three off UAA's likely record (they won their first game the following season to end it). Even the '87-88 CC and '99-00 MTU teams that went 4-33-1 and 4-34-0 respectively, managed to break up skids in the teens with their wins.

Comment

Working...
                                X