No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Here's a factoid that oughta wreck Carny for ya.

If you will notice my sig, the Tragic Number now sits at 6. Any mix of 6 more points conceded by Tech or scored by whoever sits in the 11th slot (currently Bemidji) will clinch sole possession of last place for Tech.

Tech can clinch at Carny with a Bemidji sweep. (Or a loss and tie with a LOT of help, specifically, Mankato and St. Cloud both staying ahead of Bemidji.)
    Last edited by Twitch Boy; 02-06-2011, 03:27 PM.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      maybe next season we could go balls to the wall and get new pictures of the coaching staff in game programs.
      And on USCHO - Russell's gotta have some gray hair by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Regarding the video feed, I have a feeling that they get a lot of complaints about it, however they are probably locked into some kind of contract with JumpTV and are stuck with it for now.
        But UND uses jump TV and their video quality is fine. I have a feeling the issues are on Tech's end.

Comment

Und also puts their games on tv, I always had mire issues with the audio on the video.
          Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 02-06-2011, 04:44 PM.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
            But UND uses jump TV and their video quality is fine. I have a feeling the issues are on Tech's end.
            If that's the case, then we have one ancient camera in the press box.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              If that's the case, then we have one ancient camera in the press box.
              and this would suprise you because?

Comment

Looks like there are a couple of birthdays to celebrate.
                Happy Birthday to Mr. MacD and Yager!
                I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                  Looks like there are a couple of birthdays to celebrate.
                  Happy Birthday to Mr. MacD and Yager!
                  Thanks, Mel! Happy birthday MacD!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    I assume it was for the school, which would be the responsibility of the admin marketing gurus, not the SID.

However, they should be working together to promote the school and, by extension, its athletic programs.
                    Thats how other schools do it. Hell, Wayne State has done a craptonne of ads in the Detroit Metro area, and they're all pretty professional looking to boot. Big media campaign for them. And heck, they have even been getting some of their BB scores mention on the local news as well. Then again, that all important thing, Winning, has a little something to do with that.
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

They lost again? Figures.

This team is not going anywhere. I will bet that they don't win a game the rest of the season, will anyone take that bet?

They aren't getting any better. They still get beaten like a Cambodian whore by teams that aren't anywhere close to elite (UAA and for next week, BSU!). I don't know what to do, but either Jamie needs to figure some **** out very soon, and convince his bosses that he deserves one more year or the entire house needs to be swept clean. This team is ****ing embarrassment to the school.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Regarding the Tv quality. this is a much bigger issue than just jump tV. I agree the quality is bad I have have complained about it.
                        But there is more to this.
                        I think if you look back, there has been a facilities war going on in college hockey to get recruits. This is slowing down as the facilities are getting finished.

imho the next war is the media and the availability of the game to the mom's and dads and to get exposure to the recruit on TV.
                        This fits is perfectly with the revolution in TV that is going on as Comcast just merged with NBC. In Detroit they have 1000 cable networks. 1000. Think of all the content they will need to fill it. So the bthc comes along and says.. oh we have.... content... in high def... ready to roll.

Looking at the moves the big ten schools are making, it's all about exposure. A lot of money invested in new video equipment, etc.. This is why michigan just announced a huge investment in video for yost. To be on tv in high Def. or at least have the capability when the time comes.

Soooo.. To be competitive we have to have all new high def equipment which is of course expensive.
                        this also fits into the new scoreboard. A regular scoreboard which was fine 3 years ago is not fine now. Not only that but now you might also need a camera crew and multiple camera locations for some games such as carnival, and multiple high def screens around the rink.. It's a big investment and one all the top schools are already making.
                        I would bet that a number of people on campus have already thought of this and are discussing the ramifications.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Bump off the end of page 2.

Comment

The WCHA blog on this site will apparently be interviewing Russell, in an article to be released on Thursday.

Comment

soo speaking of Wayne State and by accident Mich Tech.... Did anyone else see sportscenter this morning with the wayne state guy dunking a rebound over 2 huskies??? well at least they were on espn

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                They lost again? Figures.

This team is not going anywhere. I will bet that they don't win a game the rest of the season, will anyone take that bet?

They aren't getting any better. They still get beaten like a Cambodian whore by teams that aren't anywhere close to elite (UAA and for next week, BSU!). I don't know what to do, but either Jamie needs to figure some **** out very soon, and convince his bosses that he deserves one more year or the entire house needs to be swept clean. This team is ****ing embarrassment to the school.
                                Win A (as in single) game the rest of the year? I'll bet a Maker's Mark at the bar on it.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X