No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Since the sun never rises in Anchorage, when did this practice take place? Noon?
    Tech practiced? Where did you hear that? You'd think if they practiced there would be some evidence of it during the games.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

outdoor practice? nice!
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Still no word on who travelled?
        Lickteig, Nielsen, and Pietila (no suprise) did not travel.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
          outdoor practice? nice!
          It's about 30 degrees warmer in Anchorage than it is in most of Michigan right now.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            It's about 30 degrees warmer in Anchorage than it is in most of Michigan right now.
            They practiced swimming?
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
              Better. Diving.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Better. Diving.
                MTU swimming and diving teams suck!!!

bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                  outdoor practice? nice!
                  I also like the eye black strips someone has on in the team photo. Maybe we should try that during the game to boost the intimidation factor?

Ryan J
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Was it a few weeks ago that I suggested trying a gimmick to make hockey fun again, like practicing outside or in a small local rink? Guess they just had to go to Alaska to do it. We'll see how that works out, but if anything is going to bond a team together, it is a long road trip and spending that extra day together on the trip. This effect is often canceled out by jet-lag.

Does the team often practice outside when it goes up to Anchorage out of tradition, or was this a one-time deal?
                    Philbert
                    ---------------
                    Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
                    GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post
                      Was it a few weeks ago that I suggested trying a gimmick to make hockey fun again, like practicing outside or in a small local rink? Guess they just had to go to Alaska to do it. We'll see how that works out, but if anything is going to bond a team together, it is a long road trip and spending that extra day together on the trip. This effect is often canceled out by jet-lag.

Does the team often practice outside when it goes up to Anchorage out of tradition, or was this a one-time deal?
                      Given the level of attention it has received, I'm pretty sure this is a first.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Given the level of attention it has received, I'm pretty sure this is a first.
                        Yeah it was posted by whoever posts the Michigan Tech Huskies facebook stuff that this was just for fun. Didn't sound like it was tradition or anything.

Comment

watching the CC - DU game on TV and who should appear?? the late great Dave Fischer! we miss you Fish - you were the best!
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

23! 23 games without a win! Ha, Ha, Ha!

Just infuriating

Comment

The thing is, we were playing well in the second and we had brain fade and it's 2-1. We cannot keep playing from behind like this. Thats the time to bear down and play solid defensive hockey, instead we open the game up and that's not a formula for winning.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                The thing is, we were playing well in the second and we had brain fade and it's 2-1. We cannot keep playing from behind like this. Thats the time to bear down and play solid defensive hockey, instead we open the game up and that's not a formula for winning.
                                The 2nd was definitely our best period.

The shorthanded 3rd goal was just brutal. Sova got schooled, then some other Tech player parked his butt in the crease, UAA did a centering pass, and it bounced in off his skate.
                                Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 02-05-2011, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X