No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Just saw this posted and not sure if you folks have seen this yet. The headline read "Coach Gets the Ax"... That doesn't sound good and the timing is poor right before a big road trip. #82 looks thrilled to be giving coach the ax.

Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      Just saw this posted and not sure if you folks have seen this yet. The headline read "Coach Gets the Ax"... That doesn't sound good and the timing is poor right before a big road trip. #82 looks thrilled to be giving coach the ax.

Ryan J

That thing is a lot cooler than the little trophy they play for now, rather interesting is that UW/MN Battle for Paul Bunyans Axe started in 1948
      Originally posted by Twitch Boy
      Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

With the finish line of the regular season now in sight, it is time to go back and look at the over-under. Back in December, I said that I could see us getting to 9 wins and something like 14 conference points if things started to get better. They obviously did not.

There are 10 games left in the regular season, and then likely 2 (maybe 3) playoff games. We sit at 3 wins, and 3 conference points.

So, a revised over and under:

- The Huskies beat last year's win total (requires 6 wins): Under. I think we pull out two games, one during Carnival, and one at another time. We will likely match last year's win total.

-Double digit conference points: Under. If we only win two remaining games, we would have 7 conference points. I doubt there are 3 ties, or an extra victory and tie in the waiting. This is the second year in a row that we will not make it to 10 points.

- -60 in-conference goal-differential: Over. Right now, Tech is at a -46 conference goal differential. They are at a -55 overall. I can see Tech easily going more than -14 for the rest of the season, especially with @ Denver, @ Minnesota, and North Dakota to close out the regular season. For the record, last year Tech was -59 in WCHA play.

Looking ahead to the playoffs, we will be on the road (though we still have a <<1% shot at home ice), most likely at UND, DU, or UMD. Tech has a >99% chance of the bottom spot.

It is looking pretty bleak, but I think we will start to get healthy at the right time. If the right combinations come back and everybody gets up to speed, we might come back and make a little bit of noise. Just remember, we are not eliminated from the WCHA Playoff Title until March. We still have a chance!!! (::dies laughing:
        Philbert
        ---------------
        Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
        GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
          I am taking a brief holiday from the Tech bandwagon. the Seawolves need the points and may actually use them to get home ice advantage in the playoffs. Tech ... meh ... not so much. Go Seawolves! bring home all four!!
          This is a good strategy. They'll owe us a favor next year when we may need it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
            That thing is a lot cooler than the little trophy they play for now, rather interesting is that UW/MN Battle for Paul Bunyans Axe started in 1948
            Indeed. That's would be a very cool trophy to have teams play for.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I love that we still have more wins on the road than at home. Only we could have one of the worst records in the NCAA and still pull that off.

I had thought that there was a chance to re-set our own NCAA record for losses, but the worst we can do is 3-32-2, which would be three losses short.

I agree that our next chance for a win is at Carny, but everyone needs to stay healthy on the Anchorage road trip, which means we'll probably hear about two more injuries instead.

Comment

we'll see about the injuries. If things heal faster we might win something before carnival, but who knows. Even considering the injuries, we are improving every week. Also despite the numbers I think this team is a better them than last years. I am looking for better performances all the way around. That's how you get out of a funk like this. Keep getting better.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  Even considering the injuries, we are improving every week. Also despite the numbers I think this team is a better them than last years.
                  *****http://img3.substanceinforma.netdna-cdn.com/smileys/snort.gif******

I agree that we're a bit better than we were during, say, the CC series though.

Comment

Can we start the offseason thread? I can't wait for offseason.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Can we start the offseason thread? I can't wait for offseason.
                      not until after you and I mail in one of those tickets to vegas
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        not until after you and I mail in one of those tickets to vegas
                        Denver, Denver is our great hope.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

We can't seem to win so I'll post another off-topic photo. Add some dark blue eyes and a little blood dripping off the teeth and I think we would have a nice new alternate logo. I think we used up all the wins in the script "Huskies" logo so time to shake things up. Or change the team colors to pink and yellow and we don't get the real ones back until we win??
                          Something, anything, for a win...
                          Ryan J

*****http://i.ebayimg.com/19/!CEWjRQ!BGk~$(KGrHqQOKpUE0Usc4FkrBNRkIwuBBg~~_3.JP G******
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

This thread is way down on the second page.

No drive time today, beacuse Dirk was not there I assume. When does the team usually leave for Anchorage?

Instead of drive time, move trivia domminated the time slot. What was the channel number or call letters for the move Groundhog Day. A lot of wrong guesses and the DJ was really encouraging the use of the google and bing. Someone did finally get it though.

Comment

Rick Comley called up NMU asking for his old job back, they evacuated campus......

Comment

how about a cute roly poly husky puppy laying on his back wanting a belly rub?
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X