No announcement yet.

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
    Looks like he's done, Nolan has gone on to a far more illustrious career.
    How low are our standards now? Being the best goalie in a third-tier minor league is an "illustrious" career for a former Tech player. That's how low.

[/sarcasm]

Really, I'm happy for Nolan. Teslak could be distant and a little cocky sometimes, but Nolan was always down to earth.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 01-29-2011, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by geezer View Post
      It was a fun game to watch. Genoe was very good, Olson being back makes a huge difference, Johnstone was good, the fourth line frustrated WI, Gordic was scratched and that might have made the difference. This is a decent team if everyone gets healthy.
      SOG were lopsided, but scoring chances were about even.
      Tech didn't ice when a D lost his stick, and once it cost a goal.
      Last year Tech had a ton of injuries, what has been happening this season?
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        Last year Tech had a ton of injuries, what has been happening this season?
        Ditto, and the calls for Russell's head have gotten louder.

Comment

We made it through Nov, Dec and Jan without a win!

Jamie's postgame thoughts:
          We were very thin without Carl and Stebner
          Some of the guys filling in didn't have great nights
          Held number 2 PP in country to 0 goals on the weekend
          struggled on PP, getting into the zone getitng through their PK forecheck
          Furne has taken a big step on PK, outstanding
          Have complete faith in putting Furne out against the best lines int eh country, makes good plays
          Happy we only gave up 30 SOG tonight, good job last weekend against UMD as well
          UW blocked a lot of shots
          Leave on Wed for UAA, no idea who will make the trip at this point
          It was looking great for Gordic to come back and he had a set back, we'll see who's back next weekend
          Pietila is still a ways away, wait and see for Stebner, Likteig etc.
          Need depth onthe backend, playing Seigo and Cousens to death

Comment

well disappointed in tonight's game. down 2-1 Tech had nothing and gave up after the third. on the third goal something happened that happened several times this weekend. the opposing winger was able to skate right past our defenseman and got in on goal for an odd man chance. Sure he shot it well but the goal was caused by something 8 seconds earlier really. The defense is really banged up and so it's hard to play two guys all game and expect them to play at some sort of level.
            bright spots. Royer was very creative and made a difference. Furne was good. Genoe was pretty good too really. Witt was good. L'esperance had a lot of energy.The pk was good. We just did not challenge offensively 5-on 5 except for about 5 minutes in the second where we dominated. Wisco did play better tonight.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I am taking a brief holiday from the Tech bandwagon. the Seawolves need the points and may actually use them to get home ice advantage in the playoffs. Tech ... meh ... not so much. Go Seawolves! bring home all four!!
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                I am taking a brief holiday from the Tech bandwagon. the Seawolves need the points and may actually use them to get home ice advantage in the playoffs. Tech ... meh ... not so much. Go Seawolves! bring home all four!!

Wow! You are being very generous. As much as I hate to see it, it looks like there is no way Tech is going to pull itself out of 12th place.

So, who is banged up for Tech? Do they have several guys out with injuries?
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Tech ... meh ...
                  and the last domino falls. My faith in the essential goodness of humanity has been crushed.
                  all is lost.

Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

God Help Us All.....

bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

So, who is banged up for Tech? Do they have several guys out with injuries?
                      Olson and Royer came back, and are getting in game shape again.

Carl Nielsen--------------------------questionable for Jan. 28 weekend
                      Jordan Baker------------------------shoulder surgery (has redshirted)
                      Milos Gordic ------------------------questionable for Jan. 28 weekend
                      Aaron Pietila------------------------questionable for Jan. 28 weekend
                      Russell pretty much threw his hands up in the air last night when Dirk asked him who would travel, and said he wouldn't know until Tuesday morning. Pietila for sure is out, Gordic's recovery was promising, then he had a setback this week and is questionable, and it sounded like Nielsen will remain out too.

In addition to the players we recently got back, we also have guys who are playing, but are not "at 100%". At least Gubb and Sova are on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Olson and Royer came back, and are getting in game shape again.

Russell pretty much threw his hands up in the air last night when Dirk asked him who would travel, and said he wouldn't know until Tuesday morning. Pietila for sure is out, Gordic's recovery was promising, then he had a setback this week and is questionable, and it sounded like Nielsen will remain out too.

In addition to the players we recently got back, we also have guys who are playing, but are not "at 100%". At least Gubb and Sova are on that list.
                        Wow, that has to be so frustrating. UAA went through several seasons plagued with injuries such as what you are experiencing. I remember the feeling, such helplessness.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Likteig and Stebner are out too I think

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                            Likteig and Stebner are out too I think
                            Sounds like your team will be okay with healthy forwards, but may be short two defensemen? Maybe some of the guys who were listed as questionable for last weekend will be ready to play this weekend?

I was very surprised to see that Gordic has 11 goals as a freshman! How many games has he missed due to injuries? If he's missed very many, that makes his numbers even more impressive. He's gonna be a good one.

Edit: The Michigan Tech website has this listed under Gordics profile:

Redshirt Season
                            Played in 10 games before suffering a season-ending injury ... Scored a shorthanded goal against Lake Superior State on Oct. 11th.

Sounds like he is a second year freshman? Is his injury this season related to last season's injury?
                            Last edited by Suze; 01-30-2011, 04:36 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I'd expect the Seawolves to come out guns blazing this coming weekend. They really need these four points. Their schedule after Tech is @UND, UNO, rivalry home-and-home against UA_ for the Governor's Cup, @Mankato.
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Sounds like he is a second year freshman? Is his injury this season related to last season's injury?
                                He is a second year freshman, from what I understand the injuries are unrelated, it sounded like he was just beat up and it all finally got to him, all they decided to sit him for a couple

I believe that Nielson could be ready to go for this weekend, he's another that was just beat up.

Lickteig has been out for a while, never really heard what's going on there...

And lastly, Stebner, from the way Dirk talked before the Friday (maybe Saturday) game, he could possibly be done for the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X