No announcement yet.

BC vs. BU (January 21st). Anyone care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC vs. BU (January 21st). Anyone care?

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Guideline 4.2.b in the Fanboy Handbook:
    you forgot the important corollary that said player must also be a pro prospect; where and when upon arrival to the nhl he will inevitably receive his comeuppances.

therefore i vote Jimmy Hayes as a dark horse candidate.
    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Hopefully the mens team can take some inspiration from the womens team that blanked BC 4-0 last week.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
        Be careful, this is ranging close to names like "Shatty" and "Warso".
        Guess it's a good thing I didn't call him what we do when we're in our fan club meetings.
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
          What game is this referring to?
          12/02/06

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2006/12/...edges-no-9-bu/
          Boston University 2009 Champs
          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            hmmm, it is. If a split of the two games was predetermined, which game would you rather win?
            The Beanpot without a doubt cause looking at the last three National Champion teams its either all or nothing
            Lets go RED!!
            And BC!

Sucks to BU Clarkson

Houston Field House, Conte Forum, Agganis Arena, Thompson Arena, Alfond Arena, Lawler Arena, Whittemore Center, Schneider Arena, Appleton Arena, Tsongas Center, Ingalls Rink, Times Union Center, TD Garden, Scottrade Center, Fenway Park, Herb Brooks Arena, Verizon Wireless Arena, DCU Center, Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena, Matthews Arena

Strike out ALS

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
              you forgot the important corollary that said player must also be a pro prospect; where and when upon arrival to the nhl he will inevitably receive his comeuppances.
              You know, Steve, you have a great point and I was close to making fun of the fanboys for that too but... this especially ******** contention over the years has not been a fanboy exclusive. The dipstick hillbillies from Maine and New Hampshire were also on this bandwagon as well as just about every other Hockey East fanbase.

For the record, I think the guys have to be under 5'10" to be in consideration for this distinction as well. For whatever reason the Hockey East folks don't like seeing their teams get flogged by midgets.

It's black magic those kids perform, they change their dirty/hack/diving ways when they get to the NHL cause they know they can't get away with it without a cage on now. Sure sure sure sure... sounds good to me!!!

I do hope BC can produce a villain in Fanboy Nation soon... it's been a while since the fanboys have started a "Fxck you (insert BC player here)" chant. The NCAA really loved that in the 2006 regional.

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
              Hopefully the mens team can take some inspiration from the womens team that blanked BC 4-0 last week.
              I think Parker's boys have been taking inspiration from the women's team most of the year since they've been playing like girls.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

BC needs someone to fill Brian Boyle's shoes and taunt the BU crowd at Agganis after a goal again. They were so mad their angry tears smudged their facepaint.

Comment

It's black magic those kids perform, they change their dirty/hack/diving ways when they get to the NHL cause they know they can't get away with it without a cage on now.
                  Actually watching the Bruins game last night... I would say that Gerbe is still a dirty/hack. And it was also quite ridiculious, that he was able to push around Chara as much as he did....

Comment

Gerbe looked good last night. He's looked good the last few times Ive seen him on TV. It was funny watching him push Chara. Chara is a kitty, but you'd have think he could flip Gerbe pretty easily if he wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                      Gerbe looked good last night. He's looked good the last few times Ive seen him on TV. It was funny watching him push Chara. Chara is a kitty, but you'd have think he could flip Gerbe pretty easily if he wanted to.
                      He did look good.... and I was thinking the same thing, wondering why Chara was letting Gerbe push him around!

Comment

It's gameday and this thread was in danger of dropping to the second page. Not acceptable, folks. Just for that, you're all getting spammed by this shameless plug for our live blog.
                        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I think Parker's boys have been taking inspiration from the women's team most of the year since they've been playing like girls.
                          Man, I wish they'd play like the BU girls, we'd be awesome then.
                          I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

You know, Steve, you have a great point and I was close to making fun of the fanboys for that too but... this especially ******** contention over the years has not been a fanboy exclusive. The dipstick hillbillies from Maine and New Hampshire were also on this bandwagon as well as just about every other Hockey East fanbase.
                            Hey!! How'd you know we'd be trolling?? Anyway, I'm pulling for a BU win tonight, after a hard-fought battle. This will put us in position for a win tomorrow night, which will put us in a position for another HE RS title, which will put us in position for a QF exit in the HE Tourney, which will put us in position for a #3 seed in Manchester, bowing out in the QF's. There, I said it.

That stated, I sat down to lunch today in the Penn Quarter Sports Tavern in DC, (7th and Indiana) not really paying attention to my surroundings. Halfway through my overly dry chicken caesar, I looked to my left to see a FRAMED BU JERSEY, with Jackie boy's signature!! Which one of you put that up there???

Finally - is the game on NESN?
                            Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                              Finally - is the game on NESN?
                              Yep. They even had Joe Whitney on the B's telecast to help promote the game.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Really want Bu to kick some butt, need BC to lose some ground in the Polls. Go Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X