Alaska Airlines Governors Cup UA vs. UAA Feb 25th & Feb 26th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska Airlines Governors Cup UA vs. UAA Feb 25th & Feb 26th

It’s never too early to launch this thread. Time to clean up the dog lot and start flinging.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Re: Alaska Airlines Governors Cup UA vs. UAA Feb 25th & Feb 26th

Indeed it is not too early.

Comment

UAA playing very well after the break, or CC doing it's annual second half of the season flop. Would be nice to see UAA get home ice in the playoffs, however I might have to pay for tickets. The cup should be exciting this year very evenly matched teams. The only thing I worry about is the UAA goalie, he looked on his game a few times Friday, very sharp, could steal a game.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
        UAA playing very well after the break, or CC doing it's annual second half of the season flop. Would be nice to see UAA get home ice in the playoffs, however I might have to pay for tickets. The cup should be exciting this year very evenly matched teams. The only thing I worry about is the UAA goalie, he looked on his game a few times Friday, very sharp, could steal a game.
        Gunderson has looked solid for more than the CC series. He was awarded the WCHA Rookie of the Week for his last performance. Very solid goalie, something UAA has needed for quite a few years now. The match up between UAA and UA_ should be a good one.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Better break out the old cardboard sign put a lot of big rocks in your pockets and get a good corner, start early and bully to keep that corner. You might get enough people to break the law and give you enough change to buy a nose bleed seat.
          As far as the teams look ……UAA is on a mission …UA_ looking for a lead dog. I know with all the new rules you couldn’t pull off having Dion play 8 years like Glen Armstrong did in the earlier club years.
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

There's 5 UAA UAF games that week (not that y'all care about the other sports but i thought i'd throw it out there)
            Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
              Better break out the old cardboard sign put a lot of big rocks in your pockets and get a good corner, start early and bully to keep that corner. You might get enough people to break the law and give you enough change to buy a nose bleed seat.
              As far as the teams look ……UAA is on a mission …UA_ looking for a lead dog. I know with all the new rules you couldn’t pull off having Dion play 8 years like Glen Armstrong did in the earlier club years.
              Are you kidding it's too cold, since moving to Sissy City I've adjusted to the banana belt climate, now it's getting cold again. Where the heck is that global warming when you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                There's 5 UAA UAF games that week (not that y'all care about the other sports but i thought i'd throw it out there)
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Are you kidding it's too cold, since moving to Sissy City I've adjusted to the banana belt climate, now it's getting cold again. Where the heck is that global warming when you need it.
                  What you are sissified? Just do what mom always told you, wear your warm coat, hat, mittens and your overshoes. Also don’t forget that scarf aunt Minnie got you for Christmas. I guess you won’t be going to the village surrounded by dumpsters for the big extravaganza at the _airbanks Sports Hall of Fame for the Stanley Cup show and tell. It will be not as much fun as it was in Anchorage when Scotty Gomez passed it around full of beer for friends and fans to take a chug from the Holy Grail of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    Both UAF/UAA basketball games are that week too (and one is on FSN). Not sure what the 5th is, though, except maybe the fight in the stands.
                    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Gunderson has looked solid for more than the CC series. He was awarded the WCHA Rookie of the Week for his last performance. Very solid goalie, something UAA has needed for quite a few years now. The match up between UAA and UA_ should be a good one.
                      I think this year's series comes down to whoever has better goaltending over six periods. I will give your precious Wolves credit, they have definitely exceeded expectations this year.
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                        Both UAF/UAA basketball games are that week too (and one is on FSN). Not sure what the 5th is, though, except maybe the fight in the stands.
                        Women's bball
                        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                          I think this year's series comes down to whoever has better goaltending over six periods. I will give your precious Wolves credit, they have definitely exceeded expectations this year.
                          All your 'Banks poster's must be saving spots in line for the Stanley Cup and too busy to post until after Feb 13th. Yes we will do our best to lessen the load of stuff going back to _airbanks after the Governor’s Cup.

Comment

There are other sports besides hockey ya know.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Now I now why they play these games in February, it gives us something to look forward to besides going to Hawaii.

Comment

Working...
                              X