Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska Airlines Governors Cup UA vs. UAA Feb 25th & Feb 26th

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    I'm at work and therefore too lazy to look it up, who do y'all play this weekend and where?
    The Seawolves are at home playing a team that was smart enough to depart the CCHA.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
      The Seawolves are at home playing a team that was smart enough to depart the CCHA.
      At least you aren't playing in Omaha.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

At least you aren't playing in Omaha.
        Or Ferris State.
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Thanks to our recent troubles, we are now in a 3-way tie for 6th. If we lay an egg against Sparty this weekend we are going to be in a world of hurt.

I'm at work and therefore too lazy to look it up, who do y'all play this weekend and where?
          Unfortunately, both the Nanooks and the Seawolves are near other teams in the standings who have 2 games in hand. Ouch.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I always knew you could see Russia from the Sully.
            Anchorage is not as blessed as _airbanks with their 2 new-fangled “Tourist Traps “with in shooting distance from the Carlson. I wonder which one get’s more inattention?
            The spot where Sarah gave her “I quit speech”,
            Or Joe Miller’s (I couldn’t beat a write-in) campaign headquarters for the U. S. senate race?
            mmf you may have to camphene this for squarebanks as he’s "working".

Comment

Anchorage is not as blessed as _airbanks with their 2 new-fangled “Tourist Traps “with in shooting distance from the Carlson. I wonder which one get’s more inattention?
              Or Joe Miller’s (I couldn’t beat a write-in) campaign headquarters for the U. S. senate race?
              Hold on a minute...I need to check my Alaska Hockey dictionary.

*****http://i130.***********.com/albums/p248/mmffbks/SeawolfBookshelf.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                Unfortunately, both the Nanooks and the Seawolves are near other teams in the standings who have 2 games in hand. Ouch.
                My point exactly. Although doesn't UAA have another WCHA series after the GC?
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

I have no idea what any of that means, but well played good sir.

Comment

My point exactly. Although doesn't UAA have another WCHA series after the GC?
                    Just one, against Minnesota State. And I'm still trying to figure out the new way of earning points in the CCHA. A win is 3 pts, correct? A tie is how many? And a shoot out point how many more?
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Just one, against Minnesota State. And I'm still trying to figure out the new way of earning points in the CCHA. A win is 3 pts, correct? A tie is how many? And a shoot out point how many more?
                      Regular W is 3 points. A tie with a shootout W is 2 points, and a tie with a shootout L is 1. I'm not a fan of it, even though the Nooks have benefited from those extra shootout points over the last few years.

Also, the NCAA doesn't recognize shootout wins or losses, so those games just show up as ties for NCAA calculations.

Comment

Regular W is 3 points. A tie with a shootout W is 2 points, and a tie with a shootout L is 1. I'm not a fan of it, even though the Nooks have benefited from those extra shootout points over the last few years.

Also, the NCAA doesn't recognize shootout wins or losses, so those games just show up as ties for NCAA calculations.
                        Probablya dumb question, but if the NCAA doesn't recognize them, how does that affect the standings and the playoff spots, or doesn't it?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The slightly modified IIHF 3-2-1-0 point system (the IIHF uses 2 points for an OT win as well as Shootout win).
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Probablya dumb question, but if the NCAA doesn't recognize them, how does that affect the standings and the playoff spots, or doesn't it?
                            If you're referring to PWR, CCHA shootout wins or losses are only seen as ties when computing the PWR.

In terms of determining CCHA playoff position, it is simply a way for teams to get more points and avoid too much of a clog in the standings. Like last Friday against Lake State, we were tied after the end of OT. Each team had earned one point at that time, but we won the ensuing shootout to earn an extra point. We came away with two points and Lake State held onto their one point. Now, if we hadn't coughed up a two goal lead, we would have won outright and earned three points in the CCHA.

It took me a while to sort it out...and I still think it's a stupid system. I remember one game I attended last season at the Carlson, against Michigan State. We tied 1-1, and both teams literally played to a draw in almost every statistical category across the board. But Sparty got the extra point in the standings because they knocked an extra goal past Greenham in the shootout, despite not actually earning that extra point in regulation play, IMO. And it goes both ways, we've gotten plenty of those "unearned" points too. I just don't see it as a fair system. I hope the WCHA doesn't touch that idea with a 10 foot pole.

Hopefully that makes sense...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              The slightly modified IIHF 3-2-1-0 point system (the IIHF uses 2 points for an OT win as well as Shootout win).
                              Good point. Although an OT (non-shootout) win still counts for 3 in the CCHA.

Comment

If you're referring to PWR, CCHA shootout wins or losses are only seen as ties when computing the PWR.

In terms of determining CCHA playoff position, it is simply a way for teams to get more points and avoid too much of a clog in the standings. Like last Friday against Lake State, we were tied after the end of OT. Each team had earned one point at that time, but we won the ensuing shootout to earn an extra point. We came away with two points and Lake State held onto their one point. Now, if we hadn't coughed up a two goal lead, we would have won outright and earned three points in the CCHA.

It took me a while to sort it out...and I still think it's a stupid system. I remember one game I attended last season at the Carlson, against Michigan State. We tied 1-1, and both teams literally played to a draw in almost every statistical category across the board. But Sparty got the extra point in the standings because they knocked an extra goal past Greenham in the shootout, despite not actually earning that extra point in regulation play, IMO. And it goes both ways, we've gotten plenty of those "unearned" points too. I just don't see it as a fair system. I hope the WCHA doesn't touch that idea with a 10 foot pole.

Hopefully that makes sense...
                                A lot more info than I wanted, but thanks for the reply, I do appreciate it.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X