Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Airlines Governors Cup UA vs. UAA Feb 25th & Feb 26th

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one JJ. I think Shyiak's emotions and frustration got the best of him - again.
    He's taking a risk to win a game, a Non-Conference game I might add, he had to take. His team had given up already and needed a kick in the * and he had to do something and that was all he could do.

He tried to win the game when other coaches would've given up as well, I'm happy he tried it and you should be as well.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
      I don't really get it but 11-10-9 travel to 8-7-6...and so I guess the first five get a first round bye...after that I don't really know what happens haha
      That is so stupid. You can finish as low as 8th place and still get home ice? ********.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Second round is 1-4 hosting 5 and the three winners of the first round. I think it's a bit screwy how 5 gets a bye but no home ice, but whatever. I think I'd rather they just do 1-5 hosting 6-10, and have 11 sit out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
          That is so stupid. You can finish as low as 8th place and still get home ice? ********.
          Ya like I said I don't get it...but I'm sure it'll change if D-1 gets their big ten conference and it'll mix up all the conferences. Oh well

Comment

And that's how I feel about Anchorage, heck I normally don't even get a hotel and would just leave right after the game. But it's always fun watching your own team wins in your rivals barn (when it happens). I've been yelled at and seen people throw stuff at Nanook fans in Anchorage but it doesn't deter them.
            Uh maybe because a person from Fairbanks can shop, eat at different resturants, ski, enjoy some sights etc. Plenty to do for them in Anchorage. For me, in the spare time in Fairbanks, it's either sit in the hotel room or go to a bar, that's it.

Plus nobody at the Sully is coming up to you unprovoked to fight you because you have a UAF shirt on.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by AKJD View Post
              Second round is 1-4 hosting 5 and the three winners of the first round. I think it's a bit screwy how 5 gets a bye but no home ice, but whatever. I think I'd rather they just do 1-5 hosting 6-10, and have 11 sit out.
              I think that's how it used to be done before UNO joined the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Uh maybe because a person from Fairbanks can shop, eat at different resturants, ski, enjoy some sights etc. Plenty to do for them in Anchorage. For me, in the spare time in Fairbanks, it's either sit in the hotel room or go to a bar, that's it.

Plus nobody at the Sully is coming up to you unprovoked to fight you because you have a UAF shirt on.
                You obviously haven't explored Fairbanks cause there are plenty of places to eat(valatta,turtle club,silver gulch), ski (birch hill and moose mountain) and sights to see (Santa clause house, chena hot springs...)

And I'm sure if I was a guy, all the years I've traveled to anchorage, SOMEONE would have approached me. Few years ago I had some college students run by and he tried to rip up my sign that I had.

Comment

Getting 5th place in the CCHA is about the worst anyone can hope for. To not get a playoff game on your own ice sucks. I have a pretty good feeling we will see the buckeyes in the first round considering the outcomes.

That was a pretty swift kick in the a** for Spanchorage. Brooms are packed for the trip tomorrow. SWEEP
                  Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

• And the ice art is officially under way here which has awesome things to see.

You obviously haven't explored Fairbanks cause there are plenty of places to eat(valatta,turtle club,silver gulch), ski (birch hill and moose mountain) and sights to see (Santa clause house, chena hot springs...)

And I'm sure if I was a guy, all the years I've traveled to anchorage, SOMEONE would have approached me. Few years ago I had some college students run by and he tried to rip up my sign that I had.

Comment

Um let's see, can't afford and they probably aren't that good, those are hills not mountains, and been there and been there. No place to hang out and kill time, well except movies I could watch here.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Um let's see, can't afford and they probably aren't that good, those are hills not mountains, and been there and been there. No place to hang out and kill time, well except movies I could watch here.
                        Excuses, excuses :eyeroll:

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one JJ. I think Shyiak's emotions and frustration got the best of him - again.
                          I'm going to side with Suze here. I think it was a very poor decision. I can understand wanting to pull the goalie early, but that was just unproductively desperate. UAA was only 2 goals down at the time. He had a few minutes at least to hope for a PP.
                          The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

I should probably know by the headline "Alaska Airlines", but with about a six hour drive between the two cities, I assume these teams fly to Anchorage? Immediately after the game tonight? Tomorrow morning? Do they take the same flight?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              I should probably know by the headline "Alaska Airlines", but with about a six hour drive between the two cities, I assume these teams fly to Anchorage? Immediately after the game tonight? Tomorrow morning? Do they take the same flight?
                              UAA is leaving out tonight. Probably boarding the plane in a few for the 12:20am flight. UAF flies tomorrow at noon. Pre-game meal in anchorage and fly back right after the game. No hotel.

EDIT: This is all assuming these flights aren't rescheduled for the storm.
                              Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Methodical View Post
                                I'm going to side with Suze here. I think it was a very poor decision. I can understand wanting to pull the goalie early, but that was just unproductively desperate. UAA was only 2 goals down at the time. He had a few minutes at least to hope for a PP.
                                I have to disagree, I'm not gonna repeat myself, just look at my previous posts. You can't fault him for taking a risk that had to be taken.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X