Ferris State @ NMU, January 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferris State @ NMU, January 21-22

The Bulldogs travel to Marquette this weekend to take on the Wildcats.
    Ferris is coming off being swept by Michigan, after sweeping BGSU the previous weekend, whereas NMU is coming off a bye week and looking to end a 4 game winless skid. (Perhaps our neighbors to the north left some of their bad luck behind, seeing as NMU's last win was over the flailing Huskies...)

The last time these two teams met, NMU's Greger Hanson scored in OT to send the Wildcats to the CCHA championship game for the first time since 1999.

Discuss.
    Last edited by nmupiccdiva; 01-17-2011, 02:50 PM.
    Always a Wildcat...
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Re: Ferris State @ NMU, January 21-22

Gotta think that Ferris comes in with a chip on their shoulder... It was NMU that played a key part in knocking them out of the NCAA's last season... Combine that with the lackluster play against ND, and NMU could be in trouble with this series... I would be content with a 3 point weekend...
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
      The Bulldogs travel to Marquette this weekend to take on the Wildcats.
      Both teams are coming off a bye week. Ferris swept BGSU the previous weekend, whereas NMU is looking to end a 4 game winless skid. (Perhaps our neighbors to the north left some of their bad luck behind, seeing as NMU's last win was over the flailing Huskies...)

The last time these two teams met, NMU's Greger Hanson scored in OT to send the Wildcats to the CCHA championship game for the first time since 1999.

Discuss.
      Just a minor correction: Ferris got swept this past weekend by Michigan- they weren't on a bye week (except for maybe the first forty minutes Saturday night.) They totally mailed in a 6-1 loss at home after a tough 3-2 loss at Yost in which they had a 2-0 lead. Pat Nagle looked mortal for once. I would expect a different effort this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        I would be content with a 3 point weekend...
        NMU wouldn't and shouldn't be content with 3 points. They must take advantage of home ice against one of the teams they are chasing for the first round bye. 3 points in the CCHA moves them no closer to Ferris in the standings.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
          Just a minor correction: Ferris got swept this past weekend by Michigan- they weren't on a bye week (except for maybe the first forty minutes Saturday night.) They totally mailed in a 6-1 loss at home after a tough 3-2 loss at Yost in which they had a 2-0 lead. Pat Nagle looked mortal for once. I would expect a different effort this weekend.
          Oops. Miscalculated dates. Thanks.
          Always a Wildcat...
          If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
            Oops. Miscalculated dates. Thanks.
            No problem. Would never mistake you for our illustrious CCHA writer.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              NMU wouldn't and shouldn't be content with 3 points. They must take advantage of home ice against one of the teams they are chasing for the first round bye. 3 points in the CCHA moves them no closer to Ferris in the standings.
              Walt should have the guys ready to go, hopefully the whole "second half team" thing starts this weekend
              NMU

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                No problem. Would never mistake you for our illustrious CCHA writer.
                Oooh, that would be the worst possible insult. I cannot stand that hack.
                Though, if I were Ms. Weston, I'd never make a mistake involving Michigan. Let's be real here.
                Always a Wildcat...

Comment

I would be content with a 3 point weekend...
                  Disagree. Anything short of a sweep this weekend is unacceptable. Ohio State and Western are putting their best foot forward in recent weeks, and NMU has faltered. As of now, the Cats are fighting for 8th place. With a sweep this weekend, the 'Cats would have 29 points and be tied with Ferris who currently sits in 4th place. It would be a huge step in the right direction this weekend after the Cats started off the 2nd half on the wrong foot.
                  Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                  1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                  2006-2007: 15-24-2
                  2007-2008: 20-20-4
                  2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Ferris State @ Northern Michigan Series Video Preview:

http://www.ferrisstatebulldogs.com/s...review_1-17-11

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zXrvv---tEI?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zXrvv---tEI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

www.***********/FerrisHockey

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                      Disagree. Anything short of a sweep this weekend is unacceptable. Ohio State and Western are putting their best foot forward in recent weeks, and NMU has faltered. As of now, the Cats are fighting for 8th place. With a sweep this weekend, the 'Cats would have 29 points and be tied with Ferris who currently sits in 4th place. It would be a huge step in the right direction this weekend after the Cats started off the 2nd half on the wrong foot.
                      I understand where you and DavyD are coming from with the "Must Win" mentality... I almost feel the same way... But with the way the past 4 games have gone, I don't feel that the Cats need to come in feeling the extra pressure... Yes, desperation could be good for a team... But it can can also be a killer... Try too hard, and we just fall further and further behind... This team seems to get frustrated easily, so that's why I am wary... I understand that we need start our annual 2nd half push... I would love to see the Cats get 6 points this weekend... I just don't feel that trying to get everything back in a single weekend is the right plan at this time... Settle down this weekend and have the "Must Win" Attitude against Western and Soo Tech...

Also, nice preview by Dominic...
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

*Kick*

Is anyone on here excited anymore?
                        Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                        1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                        2006-2007: 15-24-2
                        2007-2008: 20-20-4
                        2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                          *Kick*

Is anyone on here excited anymore?
                          I am, but I don't want to sit here and talk to myself...
                          Always a Wildcat...

Comment

I understand where you and DavyD are coming from with the "Must Win" mentality... I almost feel the same way... But with the way the past 4 games have gone, I don't feel that the Cats need to come in feeling the extra pressure... Yes, desperation could be good for a team... But it can can also be a killer... Try too hard, and we just fall further and further behind... This team seems to get frustrated easily, so that's why I am wary... I understand that we need start our annual 2nd half push... I would love to see the Cats get 6 points this weekend... I just don't feel that trying to get everything back in a single weekend is the right plan at this time... Settle down this weekend and have the "Must Win" Attitude against Western and Soo Tech...

Also, nice preview by Dominic...
                            If anything written on these boards causes anyone to feel pressure, they need to adjust their way of thinking. They must come out with the mindset and the will to play their best hockey. Not 12 or 14 of them, but all 18 skaters and both goaltenders. It will take everyone playing at the top of his game every shift if the team wants to have success.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

*****http://www.ricesigns.com/real_pictures/bump_sign_W8-1_large.jpg******

Game day!
                              Always a Wildcat...

Comment

Working...
                              X