Question for North Dakota fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for North Dakota fans?

Last edited by 80Miracle; 02-20-2012, 11:50 AM.

Re: Question for North Dakota fans?

Nah they play dirty against Maine also
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by 80Miracle View Post
      I've been watching North Dakota Sioux hockey for over 30 years. I have a question? Does your team just play dirty against Minnesota? I watched both games this weekend and they committed a penalty every two to three minutes. Do the WCHA officials just ignore the chippiness by North Dakota because the Sioux would be short-handed the whole game? It was almost comical to watch Sioux players slash/hold/crosscheck after the whistle then throw their hands up in the air like they didnt do anything?
      If you've been watching Sioux hockey for 30 years, why are you asking this question? Shouldn't you know the answer?

Since you asked, the Sioux goon it up against everyone. It's fun.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I've been watching North Dakota Sioux hockey for over 30 years. I have a question? Does your team just play dirty against Minnesota? I watched both games this weekend and they committed a penalty every two to three minutes. Do the WCHA officials just ignore the chippiness by North Dakota because the Sioux would be short-handed the whole game? It was almost comical to watch Sioux players slash/hold/crosscheck after the whistle then throw their hands up in the air like they didnt do anything?
        So, it's clear you're not a Sioux fan, yet you've been watching the team for over 30 years? And how often would you be watching them? Let me guess...you're a Minnesota fan?

Comment

Best question in a thread ever?!! Gotta love this!! SIOUX YA YA!!
          Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

Even I'm amazed at the stupidity and ignorance of this question. Wow.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
              So, it's clear you're not a Sioux fan, yet you've been watching the team for over 30 years? And how often would you be watching them? Let me guess...you're a Minnesota fan?
              Sounds like it.

About this weekend it was a big rivalry series, there was chippiness from both sides, and who doesn't like all those scrums! The refs were pretty fair I think, they called the game pretty even (lots of penalties from both teams) but they also let a bunch of minor things go and let the two teams play.
              Last edited by sbkbghockey; 01-17-2011, 02:28 AM.

Comment

20 posts in 5 years of membership and a very negative reputation. hmmmmm ......

I've watched college hockey - not just the UND Fighting Sioux - for well over 40 years. I've noticed that all teams have petty skirmishes after whistles. I've noticed that all teams have certain players who are hotheads and are prone to stupid penalties. I've noticed that the advent of face cages brought violent hits to the head. I've noticed that rule changes are reducing checks from behind, boarding, spearing and butt-ending. And finally, I've noticed that the only louder whiner than a Gopher player is a Gopher fan.
                A Fan of the UND Fighting Sioux!! Sioux the NCAA!

Comment

www.suhaki.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/SaveOurSuhaki
                  A Fan of the UND Fighting Sioux!! Sioux the NCAA!

Comment

Hahaha, yes! They are dirty. As soon as each player commits to UND he immediately becomes a habitual cheater and hack....every single one. Have you not read the WCHA bylaws and reffing handbook? It's a conspiricy by the league to let this continue unabated so that the Sioux can hack and cheat their way to victory. This was evidenced over the weekend when UND and MN had the exact same number of penalties and minutes even though UND was clearly cheating the whole time.
                    Panzer for Hobey.

"With one team playing at home, the audience was understandably dominated by maroon and gold sweaters. One notable exception was the fan who showed up wearing a replica of Alaska Anchorage’s bright gold third sweaters."
                    INCH, March 27, 2005

Seawolf Jersey Guy is my alter ego.

Comment

Eye of the beholder, me says. This Sioux fan noticed how often Gopher players threw late checks & elbows. I had read they intended to play ND more physically. When I saw Wehrs sit on the ice and beg for a call, I knew MN hadn't considered that there might be a response.

Comment

what a nice thread... too bad 80Miracle guy has already crawled back into his rodent hole from whence he came. I was really looking forward to some more of his thoughtful insight.
                        Last edited by willythekid; 01-17-2011, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gordwiser View Post
                          Hahaha, yes! They are dirty. As soon as each player commits to UND he immediately becomes a habitual cheater and hack....every single one. Have you not read the WCHA bylaws and reffing handbook? It's a conspiricy by the league to let this continue unabated so that the Sioux can hack and cheat their way to victory. This was evidenced over the weekend when UND and MN had the exact same number of penalties and minutes even though UND was clearly cheating the whole time.
                          Also this is mens hockey so each and every player that comes to UND learns to become a man. Not sure if the same can be said for UM, I think UM players have to learn how to be a man after college.
                          "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Yeah, I've wondered about this question too. I've been a hockey fan for so long I remember when you just hit people in the face when you had the balls to do it (no facemasks or mouthguards to get in the way) and then just had to face your friends and teammates if you got a beatdown. I don't know when it go so pussified, to be honest. Good question.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                              ...each and every player that comes to UND learns to become a man.
                              Hakstol tells his players to 'Shut Up!' (except maybe Brett). If they have any complaints, tell the coach, the captain, or nobody. Lucia has had many successful years. But I would love to know what message his players get about complaining.

Comment

Working...
                              X