X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yale @ Brown 1/16

1-0 Elis after 1 PP Goal from Kearney

Re: Yale @ Brown 1/16

1-1 with about 12 left in the second zolnercyzk scored. For brown. Brown is outplaying Yale badly.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
      1-1 with about 12 left in the second zolnercyzk scored. For brown. Brown is outplaying Yale badly.
      Agreed. Very sloppy play and lucky to be tied with 2:50 left 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
        Agreed. Very sloppy play and lucky to be tied with 2:50 left 2nd
        2-2 600 left in third
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

2-2 600 left in third
          Harry Z breakaway goal. 46 seconds left 3-2. Yale TO

Comment

oh geez, am I actually gonna get some of these picks right for once?!

Comment

I just got in and got the final 3-2 Brown from LiveStats. Anyone have some comments on the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                I just got in and got the final 3-2 Brown from LiveStats. Anyone have some comments on the game?
                Tremendous effort and easily the best I've seen us play in years. Yale had some flashes of brilliance, but we thwarted them almost every time and just outhustled them. We won most of the races to the puck, created ample opportunities, and Clemente came up huge when he needed to (ironically, the two goals allowed were fluky, soft goals).

Yale made a point to go after Zolynierczek and complained to the refs about him constantly, which prompted them to make the worst call I have ever seen in my life in the second period. After the whistle blew, Harry was standing near the net and NOT DOING ANYTHING when two Yale defenders attacked him. He restrained himself from causing any trouble, even after getting punched in the face so hard his helmet came up (I was standing right above the net at the end in which it occurred). Regardless of his deliberate inaction, he was ushered to the box for two minutes, and consequently awarded a ten minute misconduct for speaking out against the unjust call. It was clearly a case of his reputation preceding him and the officials not giving him the benefit of the doubt, which he clearly deserved form my vantage point.

However, after he got out of the box in the third, he played like a man possessed, and scored on a beautiful breakaway goal with 46 seconds remaining to win the game. At the end of the game, the team went crazy and mobbed Harry and Clemente in the Brown end. It was truly an honor to witness such a great game being played, and such a great result.

Comment

Um... the second Yale goal was anything but soft. Great puck movement on the powerplay, cross ice pass to O'Neill who one-timed one off the crossbar with Clemente moving left to right. That goal was a lot of things, but soft wasn't one of them. Their first goal was on a deflection and kicked through. Not sure if that qualifies as soft, but definitely fluky.

I agree the misconduct was a little much, but Harry had hit the glove of Rondeau from where I was standing. Jaskowiak clubbed him, Harry mouthed off to the official, 10 minutes ensued. A two would have given the same effect.

Comment

Great game by Brown today, they clearly beat Yale at their own game and never really gave the Eli any good looks at Clemente. Well deserved win. As for Harry, I called him a punk yesterday, and it is true. He is Browns Steve Avery, talented as heck, but the team may live or die on his emotions. No offense, but I hope you guys are eliminated before we see you again in March.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

As for Harry, I called him a punk yesterday, and it is true. He is Browns Steve Avery, talented as heck, but the team may live or die on his emotions.
                      These are qualities that will make him an asset to any pro hockey team, IMO. Attitude plus skills plus strength plus fearlessness. I agree he takes great risks in the more tightly officiated college hockey environment due to his no-holds-barred style of play and his mouth. Still: An exciting player to watch, as we saw yesterday. It takes all kinds.

Comment

Working...
                      X