Mercyhurst Lakers: The HOME stretch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercyhurst Lakers: The HOME stretch

Well, the last two Mercyhurst threads have been deleted for some reason and I am not sure how that is done so lets try this one. The other two were started by sd.

Anyway, in today's Erie Times News, there was a little blurb on why Jess Scanzano didn't play yesterday.

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...9915/-1/SPORTS

- News and notes: Senior forward Jesse Scanzano served a one-game suspension imposed by College Hockey America commissioner Robert DeGregorio Jr. Sisti said Syracuse's staff sent video clips of Scanzano from last weekend's two-game series to the league office for review.

I have lost all respect for the ex-Mercyhurst player who initiated this. If said player could learn to stay on her feet, which was a problem she had when she played for Mercyhurst and stop taking dives, which also was a problem she had while at Mercyhurst, she wouldn't have fell to the ice when Scanzano made some contact with her. It didn't even draw a penalty. Your leaving is starting to come into focus a little more now to us fans.

Also, congrats to Coach Sisti on his 300th career win yesterday. Here's to your next 300 (hopefully at Mercyhurst as well).
    Last edited by MICZamboni; 01-17-2011, 08:39 AM.
    "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Re: Mercyhurst Lakers: The HOME stretch

I just restored the old thread. It was deleted by the original poster. The poster deleted most own postings already, so not sure why the whole thread was deleted.

Comment

Two trips to Syracuse coming up, a 2 game regular season set followed by the CHA's. That first weekend, Toby Keith is at Turning Stone. I was sure that that would be the main attraction in that part of the world.....but now I'm thinking the rematch might get higher billing!
      Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

In case the video feed on B2 does not come through, Cornell will be providing audio of the game via Red Cast. I believe it will require a subscription.

http://www.cornellbigred.com/news/20...116110208.aspx

Comment

Mattj711, thanks for this. My earlier comment about the game not being televised was perhaps based on a wrong assumption that the game was being played at Tullio Arena. Despite the fact that there have been pre-game listings on B2 for previous games played at Tullio, for whatever reason they were not able to broadcast from there. I am now understanding that the game will be played at the Mercyhurst Ice Center, in which case the B2 broadcast should work just fine.

I hate when I'm wrong this early in the year.....usually means I'll end up being wrong a second time before the year is out.
          Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Here is the article on tonight's matchup against Cornell.
            http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...EY03/301189934

Cornell game begins Mercyhurst's drive toward NCAAs
            By VICTOR FERNANDES

The Mercyhurst College women's hockey team finally enjoyed its long-awaited Frozen Four win.
            The Lakers' 4-3 overtime victory at Cornell on Nov. 2 was simply one of their 18 regular-season wins.

Yet, junior forward Bailey Bram said, "It felt like our Frozen Four. It was like we won the Frozen Four."

It numbed the nagging pain of a 3-2 overtime loss to the Big Red in the 2009 NCAA Women's Division I Frozen Four. Tonight at Mercyhurst Ice Center, the No. 4 Lakers plan to make the pain disappear.

"All of us are out to get them," Bram said. "All year, it's been something we've been looking forward to doing. I know everyone will bring their 'A' game. We're pretty excited to play this (game)."

Even though the Lakers don't look ahead, facing Cornell "was always in the back of our minds," senior forward Vicki Bendus said.

Once the Lakers completed their third straight shutout win with a 12-0 rout of Brown on Saturday at Tullio Arena, they gladly turned their attention to the second-ranked Big Red.

"It's a huge game for us," Bram said -- even beyond the opponent. "There's a lot at stake."

With a win, the Lakers would clear a path to securing a top-four seed and home-ice advantage throughout an NCAA tournament that concludes with the Frozen Four at Tullio Arena in March. After tonight's game, the Lakers' final five opponents -- all College Hockey America teams -- have losing records.

"This is our last chance to prove ourselves against one of the top four teams," Bendus said. "Home ice is a goal we set for ourselves at the start of the year. We want to win this game to help us achieve that."

It's not a must-win game, Lakers coach Michael Sisti said. Those games occur "when you lose (and) your season is over," he said. "It's another opportunity for us to see where we're at right now. It's another test for us. Our team is used to being put under pressure and playing in big games. Our players thrive upon it."

In November, Mercyhurst arrived in Ithaca, N.Y., for a highly anticipated rematch against the Big Red.

The Lakers overcame three one-goal deficits to force overtime. Then 1 minute, 6 seconds into the extra period, senior forward Jesse Scanzano scored short-handed to seal the victory.

"That was a great game," Bendus said. "It was definitely nice to get that win."

Cornell has won 13 straight games by a combined 54-6 score since that loss. Bram was reminded of the dominant Big Red by her roommate, a Cornell alumnus, at the recent MLP Cup in Switzerland.

"They're going to be even better than they were at the start of the year," Bendus said. "We're expecting their best."

The Lakers are playing at their best, too. They have outscored opponents 29-2 during their current four-game winning streak. Sisti also can utilize his complete roster for a change. The Lakers have missed players nearly every weekend all season because of injuries and international competitions.

"I like the way they're coming along," Sisti said. "We're maturing every day. We're getting contributions from different people all the time. When our team is dialed in, we can play with anyone."
            "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

Todays Scheduled Events for
              Mercyhurst College

Mercyhurst vs. Cornell
              Womens Hockey
              1/18/2011 7:00:00 PM EST

Technical Difficulty. Please Stand By.

Grrrrrrrrrr!

Comment

Exactly! I can't get Cornell's audio to work either.

Comment

Live Stats working, per Hurst Women's Hockey Schedule page.....

0-0 about 15 minutes played first period

Comment

Momentumeter favoring Hurst!

(gotta love the Momentumeter!)

Comment

Have to rename it to "WickedLag Stats".

Killin' me here!

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                        Have to rename it to "WickedLag Stats".

Killin' me here!
                        Live stats is down now too. I tried refreshing the page b/c it was stock on 3:55 for so long and now it just stays on "loading livestates."

Comment

Cornell's audio is now up! First ended 0-0. Slebodnick stopped Agosta on a breakaway to end the first.

Cornell had the edge in shots on goal through one at 12-8.

Comment

Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
                            Live stats is down now too. I tried refreshing the page b/c it was stock on 3:55 for so long and now it just stays on "loading livestates."
                            Yeah, I did the same thing. Very frustrating.

Comment

Cornell lead 1-0 after 2. K. Overguard scored from Fortino. Cornell leads the shots on goal through two 24-11.

Comment

Working...
                              X