St. Cloud State @ Bemidji State, The Husky Beaver series in Bemidji

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Cloud State @ Bemidji State, The Husky Beaver series in Bemidji

Sounds like it'll be a warm weekend in Bemidji, high temperature may break 0. SCSU has had some troubles and BSU is coming off a nice series in Omaha and have been unbeaten in their last five of six games.

Sounds like I'll be making my first trip to the Sanford Center as well.

Re: St. Cloud State @ Bemidji State, The Husky Beaver series in Bemidji

We have had troubles, however we are also coming winners of four straight.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Should be an entertaining series especially with four points on the line.

Any sccc fans making the trip?
      sigpic

Comment

'Bout time for some home hockey...
        Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
        B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
        CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
        ECAC:
        HEA: UMass
        NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
        Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by gmann View Post
          Should be an entertaining series especially with four points on the line.

Any sccc fans making the trip?
          Myself Boomer and 3 other fanatics will be there. We will also be attending the Beaver's womens hockey game on Saturday, as we are the SCSU division of the Emily Erickson fan club.
          Bob is making me concerned
          I am the voice of reason

Comment

Anyone looking for other hockey in town this weekend can catch some good High School hockey too, and only ~ two blocks from Sanford Center.

First, come early Friday to see Bemidji HS (14-1-1) vs. Brainerd (11-4) at 5:30 pm at Nymore Arena (yes, varsity at 5:30 (JV @ 3:30) - moved up to accomodate anyone going to the BSU game). Then, Saturday, there is a girl/boy double header at Nymore with Bemidji vs. Sartell/Sauk Rapids girl's at noon and Bemidji vs. Hermantown (13-0-1 with two games between now and then) at 4 pm.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2nd+St...dji,+MN,+56601

You can see Sanford Center under construction in that map, and Nymore Arena's proximity to it. Plus, look two blocks west and note Corner Bar (and not mentioned on the map, the Garden Grill & Pub across the street). Not a bad way to spend your weekend...
            Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
            B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
            CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
            ECAC:
            HEA: UMass
            NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
            Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Can't wait to get to some hockey this weekend. My 28 month old daughter is already excited to see Bucky and the goalies! Of course, she also knows she will get to swim at the hotel, so that makes her even more excited.
              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                Anyone looking for other hockey in town this weekend can catch some good High School hockey too, and only ~ two blocks from Sanford Center.

First, come early Friday to see Bemidji HS (14-1-1) vs. Brainerd (11-4) at 5:30 pm at Nymore Arena (yes, varsity at 5:30 (JV @ 3:30) - moved up to accomodate anyone going to the BSU game). Then, Saturday, there is a girl/boy double header at Nymore with Bemidji vs. Sartell/Sauk Rapids girl's at noon and Bemidji vs. Hermantown (13-0-1 with two games between now and then) at 4 pm.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2nd+St...dji,+MN,+56601

You can see Sanford Center under construction in that map, and Nymore Arena's proximity to it. Plus, look two blocks west and note Corner Bar (and not mentioned on the map, the Garden Grill & Pub across the street). Not a bad way to spend your weekend...
                Didn't know the Lumberjacks were doing that well again.

Looks like the high for Friday will be a warm -3, but 10 for Saturday!

I should be in early on Friday now as I'll be coming over from Moorhead.

Comment

If we can penetrate the Beaver's defense, we should be able to score enough to win.
                  I am the voice of reason

Comment

Don't they build nests with bush(es) to dam things up?
                    There is Hope . . .

Comment

I certainly hope we are all adult and mature enough to refrain from the 'Licking the Beavers" etc. etc. and all other juvenile comments regarding this series.
                      I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                        I certainly hope we are all adult and mature enough to refrain from the 'Licking the Beavers" etc. etc. and all other juvenile comments regarding this series.
                        I am looking forward to watching the Huskies lick the Beavers on lakeland TV this weekend from my warm living room.

Waterlover and a few others are making the trip as well.
                        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                          I am looking forward to watching the Huskies lick the Beavers on lakeland TV this weekend from my warm living room.

Waterlover and a few others are making the trip as well.
                          Making the trip to your living room?
                          I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                            Making the trip to your living room?
                            No they are actually going to the games.
                            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

No more splits. Only sweeps are acceptable from here on. Looking forward to beautiful weather in Bemidji. It's always been tough to play there for our boys. It must be the sight of all those Beavers.
                              I am the voice of reason

Comment

Working...
                              X