Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
    I hardly think the genesis of today's California D-1 prospects is directly linked to Anaheim 1999. I think its more due to the fact that San Jose, Anaheim, and Los Angeles have had some success in the NHL, but anything helps I guess.
    Wayne Gretzky trade in 1988 opened up California to mass hockey appeal.

Comment

Where is Oohi? Is that Hawaii? because I'm completely fine with a Hawaii Frozen 4. Lets put up some bleachers and move some portable ice to a black sand beach.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Where is Oohi? Is that Hawaii? because I'm completely fine with a Hawaii Frozen 4. Lets put up some bleachers and move some portable ice to a black sand beach.
        Love it. Bring it on!

Comment

Nashville's scale is perfect for a FF. There is a multitude of establishments for whatever "ales" you within a three minute walk of the arena. There are sufficient hotels. There are activities for an off day. There is nightlife. It would be a big deal in the city. Kind of on the scale of an Albany, Providence and the tournaments so many said they enjoyed in the past.

I would rather go to Nashville than some of the places it has been held at recently.

Comment

Folks always seem to want a venue where there are lots of hotels and dining and partying opportunities. Thrown in a nice arena, decent weather and a very walkable town. There's even an NHL team there and flights and transportation are not a big issue. Just what is there in Nashville to complain about?
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              Folks always seem to want a venue where there are lots of hotels and dining and partying opportunities. Thrown in a nice arena, decent weather and a very walkable town. There's even an NHL team there and flights and transportation are not a big issue. Just what is there in Nashville to complain about?
              People are afraid that they will be stuck in a deluge of country music. They think that they will come home with snuff spit on their hockey jerseys and cow **** on their shoes. They're worried that the locals will go deliverance on the obvious tourists walking around in hockey jerseys.

In other words, its all nonsensical BS.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                People are afraid that they will be stuck in a deluge of country music. They think that they will come home with snuff spit on their hockey jerseys and cow **** on their shoes. They're worried that the locals will go deliverance on the obvious tourists walking around in hockey jerseys.
                Well shoot, I guess they'll avoid Grand Forks then too.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                  Well shoot, I guess they'll avoid Grand Forks then too.
                  and Omaha

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I would love it if Nashville hosted the frozen 4. I've been to Nashville twice, once with some buddies to take in a Titans game and the second time with the wife. I had a great time both times. If my wife, who HATES (and I mean hates) all things country music can have a good time in Nashville, anyone can.

I think their downtown area would be ideal - lots of bars, restaurants and shops. Throw in some college hockey...life would be good.
                    "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

• Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

If Nashville has good pubs and restaurants then I'll be able to have a good time.

Comment

Geezus I have been to Nashville multiple times, I hate country music, and I have no problem enjoying the city. Really, lots of the bars there play lots of great stuff other than country music. The bars (restaurants too) are within a 30 second walk of the arena, the women here are not bad at all (I happen to find southern accents **** as well), and the weather here will be in the 60s-70s by the time late March-early April rolls around. If you are a history buff, you have loads of Civil War battlefields nearby, not to mention the Hermitage (Andrew Jackson's home). The Nashville Zoo is decent, and who knows, the Nashville Sounds (AAA baseball team, Brewers affiliate) may be playing their beginning games of the season. Certainly not as cool as catching a Cardinals game in St. louis, but not bad. Don't forget the Opryland megamall/hotel, and the Ryman Auditorium might be putting on a show during that time. All in all, Nashville certainly provides enough entertainment for a week vacation or less.

Onion Man, I hope Brown makes the Frozen Four in 2015 if Nashville hosts so that you stay home.

Comment

Isn't there a better place than Nashville? Nothing against the city, I've been there and it's a blah type of city. There are bars, etc, but there are bars in Allston/Brighton, too. If they want to put it in a southern-type locale, they should look at Dallas before they look at Nashville. Of course I'd love it if they considered San Jose, too. I just think they can do much better than Nashville.

Personally, I like working a baseball game into the FF trip. Went to Cubs opening day (and Brewers game) in 06, Cards in 07, Rockies in 08, Orioles in 09 and Tigers in 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                            Isn't there a better place than Nashville? Nothing against the city, I've been there and it's a blah type of city. There are bars, etc, but there are bars in Allston/Brighton, too. If they want to put it in a southern-type locale, they should look at Dallas before they look at Nashville. Of course I'd love it if they considered San Jose, too. I just think they can do much better than Nashville.

Personally, I like working a baseball game into the FF trip. Went to Cubs opening day (and Brewers game) in 06, Cards in 07, Rockies in 08, Orioles in 09 and Tigers in 10.
                            This isn't the NCAA trying to force a Southern location. This is Nashville actively soliciting a bid.

Comment

The bottom line is, it doesn't matter where you put it, some groups will find some reason to complain about it.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                                Nashville's scale is perfect for a FF. There is a multitude of establishments for whatever "ales" you within a three minute walk of the arena. There are sufficient hotels. There are activities for an off day. There is nightlife. It would be a big deal in the city. Kind of on the scale of an Albany, Providence and the tournaments so many said they enjoyed in the past.

I would rather go to Nashville than some of the places it has been held at recently.
                                I completely agree. If the city is too big, the tournament is overshadowed - I prefer it in smaller cities. I think Nashville would be great. Never been there.

Comment

Working...
                                X