Utica College 2010-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utica College 2010-11

If you guys have a thread already I'll delete this. UC off to a great start and ranked #11 in the polls. Noticed only two seniors on team, four Juniors,six sophomores and sixteen frosh. What an incredible young team that should get even better.

Quality wins over Amherst, Manhattanville, Hobart and Buff State(2) who was ranked at the time. Two of their four losses to Oswego(2-1 and 3-1 Open netter), could have gone either way. Could this be their best team ever ?? I see alot of good things here, lot's of ECAC West games in the next few weeks. Where do you think they're headed ??
    Last edited by sshablak; 01-13-2011, 01:24 PM.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Re: Utica College 2010-11

In my opinion, it's probably the most TALENTED team that UC has had if you look at the roster top to bottom. I was just commenting to a few people yesterday that there seems to be very little drop off between the first and fourth lines. Obviously, that is a very welcome change from past years. Guys like Coffman and Chlanda were expected to be solid this year, but the contributions of so many freshmen has brought this team to another level. As a fan, I also feel confident with either Therrien or Smith in net.

Until they can make some noise in the conference though, I would still have to defer to the 2004-05 team that won an ECAC-W regular season championship. Winning your non-conference games is always good (and you mentioned some solid wins already this year), but they won't mean much if this team again finishes 4th or 5th in the conference.

UC has been fun to watch this year. They are playing hard for sixty minutes every night and the results are there. It should be a fun second half of the season.
    Originally posted by zamboney
    the licence plate of the truck that just ran you over is Pioneerfan11..get well soon.
    2010-2011 Last Person Standing champion

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneerfan11 View Post
      In my opinion, it's probably the most TALENTED team that UC has had if you look at the roster top to bottom. I was just commenting to a few people yesterday that there seems to be very little drop off between the first and fourth lines. Obviously, that is a very welcome change from past years. Guys like Coffman and Chlanda were expected to be solid this year, but the contributions of so many freshmen has brought this team to another level. As a fan, I also feel confident with either Therrien or Smith in net.

Until they can make some noise in the conference though, I would still have to defer to the 2004-05 team that won an ECAC-W regular season championship. Winning your non-conference games is always good (and you mentioned some solid wins already this year), but they won't mean much if this team again finishes 4th or 5th in the conference.

UC has been fun to watch this year. They are playing hard for sixty minutes every night and the results are there. It should be a fun second half of the season.
      Maybe the top line isn't quite up to Sokol's old line,but I do think that this team is deeper than 04/05...If they stay healthy,I can easily see them faring well in conference play and getting an NCAA bid.This is a very talented and disciplined squad.I like 'em a LOT!

Comment

Wow...shots were 64-19 rolling along !!

Comment

Anyone have a clue why Smith was pulled after the Suffolk goal last night? Injury?

No mention of why he was taken out in the recap on ucpioneers.com
          the licence plate of the truck that just ran you over is Pioneerfan11..get well soon.

Comment

They best bring their A game next Friday against EC!
            2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
              I'd rather they don't...wouldn't you shawn?

haha.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Shots against Wentworth 39-19 For the weekend 103-38 !! Goals for 14 -2 ! Rollll Pioneers !

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
                  The first UC-EC game was the only game Utica did not bring their A game (or B or C game for that matter) this year. Things get real interesting in the ECAC-W now.
                  2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                  2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                  2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                  2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                  2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                  Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                  1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Utica should actually be considered the favorite in this one,even on the road.Wish I could make the trip.

We get decent 'tending (read:rebound control),I'm predicting a 4-2 UC victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      Utica should actually be considered the favorite in this one,even on the road.Wish I could make the trip.

We get decent 'tending (read:rebound control),I'm predicting a 4-2 UC victory.
                      Not saying I agree or disagree with you, but why would you say they should be considered the favorite? I didn't go to the first game, but from the box score it looks like a couple of quick goals and the game got out of hand real quick. UC will obviously need a much better start and better goaltending.

With their win over 'Seo last weekend, EC seems to be turning the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneerfan11 View Post
                        Not saying I agree or disagree with you, but why would you say they should be considered the favorite?
                        Let's see...Utica rates higher in Team O,Team D,PP,PK,PiM(fewer),and SHG.Utica is 13-4 with the #1 SOS in the nation.

As far as common opponents go,UC is 5-3 and EC is 4-4-1.UC's goal differential is 32-19 in those games,while EC's is 31-27..

Yes,EC blasted UC early this season,but Utica looked like crap out of the gate this year.They are playing great hockey now.I like their chances on Friday!
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-18-2011, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                          Let's see...Utica rates higher in Team O,Team D,PP,PK,PiM(fewer),and SHG.Utica is 13-4 with the #1* SOS in the nation.

As far as common opponents go,UC is 5-3 and EC is 4-4-1.UC's goal differential is 32-19 in those games,while EC's is 31-27..

Yes,EC blasted UC early this season,but Utica looked like crap out of the gate this year.They are playing great hockey now.I like their chances on Friday!
                          KRACH: Division III Men

4 Utica 604.4 .8341 8 11-4-0 0.7333 2.750 4* 236.5

KRACH now has Utica as #4 SOS

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                            KRACH: Division III Men

4 Utica 604.4 .8341 8 11-4-0 0.7333 2.750 4* 236.5

KRACH now has Utica as #4 SOS
                            Utica's SOS took a hit this week end. I assume that it will not go down any lower with only ECAC-W league games left.
                            2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                            2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                            2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                            2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                            2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                            2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                            Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                            1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                              Utica's SOS took a hit this week end. I assume that it will not go down any lower with only ECAC-W league games left.
                              Yeah,without Leb Valley in the league anymore I'll bet they regain the SOS title soon and finish the year #1 in that category.

Comment

Working...
                              X