20 Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 Predictions

I did a 20 predictions as part of my blog post for my D-III women's hockey beat and a lot of discussion has been generated about it.

So let's try the same with the men.

These predictions are meant to be a bit off the wall. By no means do I expect to be anywhere close to right on all 20 of them.

20. Castleton's Josh Harris leads the country in total points.

19. Manhattanville's Mickey Lang leads the country in goals.

18. St. Norbert's B.J. O'Brien wins the Sid Watson Memorial Award (Player of the Year)

17. Middlebury wins at least 15 regular season games.

16. Middlebury is ranked by the end of the month.

15. Eau Claire makes NCHA Championship.

14. Geneseo has six or less losses and is left out of the tournament

13. Norwich loses one more game the rest of the regular season.

12. No team in the ECAC West has less than five league losses.

11. Curry wins the ECAC Northeast

10. Fitchburg State wins the MASCAC

9. Adrian wins the MCHA.

8. Hamline wins the MIAC.

7. St. Norbert wins the NCHA.

6. Middlebury wins the NESCAC.

5. Norwich wins the ECAC East.

4. Plattsburgh wins the SUNYAC.

3. Elmira wins the ECAC West.

2. Manhattanville, St. Norbert, Norwich, and Oswego make the Frozen Four.

1. Manhattanville wins the national championship.

Re: 20 Predictions

I see two western teams in the Frozen Four...Norwich or Oswego won't be there and Hamline or Eau Claire will be
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
      I see two western teams in the Frozen Four...Norwich or Oswego won't be there and Hamline or Eau Claire will be
      Exactly. They are going to set this tournament up to ensure two western teams make it to Ridder, PWR numbers or travel distances in the early rounds be d*mned.

I don't need 20 predictions to make this prediction...
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        Exactly. They are going to set this tournament up to ensure two western teams make it to Ridder, PWR numbers or travel distances in the early rounds be d*mned.

They sent three eastern women's teams out last year.

and last time it was out west, they sent three east teams with Oswego, Manhattanville, and Middlebury making the trip.

It doesn't necessarily have to be 2-2 again.

Comment

I don't think so. Recall, there was only one Western team in Superior in '07. Obviously the West wants two to make it to Ridder, but if the last two years are any indication I expect things to go completely by the book again - be it in terms of selection or travel rule applications.
          I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

so you think Plattsburgh will win the SUNYAC, but Oswego will be in the final 4, well its an interesting prediction.
            http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
              so you think Plattsburgh will win the SUNYAC, but Oswego will be in the final 4, well its an interesting prediction.
              Why not?
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                Why not?
                Exactly
                Larry Normandin
                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I vehemently disagree with #10.

The MASCAC will not get Pool B, but it won't be a cakewalk for the ECAC-W either.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                    Things get pretty interesting with at-large bids - OSU needn't win the SUNYAC (if the remainder of their regular season plays out favorably) to get a decent launch point for Minnesota.

As for #3 and NCAA selection, is that a reverse situation of what happened last year, or does the ECAC-W take an at-large as well?
                    Last edited by Laker Ranger; 01-11-2011, 11:25 PM.
                    "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                    this is for you."
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Ranger View Post
                      As for #3 and NCAA selection, is that a reverse situation of what happened last year, or does the ECAC-W take an at-large as well?
                      Bingo. Nice catch sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
                        Bingo. Nice catch sir.
                        So your Pool C's are a West team, Oswego and an ECACW team.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                          So your Pool C's are a West team, Oswego and an ECACW team.
                          I think he was implying that Elmira would win the ECAC-W, but Manhattanville would take the Pool B and Elmira would sit home.... much like Manhattanville did last year.

So his Pool Cs are Oswego and 2 other teams (regions depend on how easy the committee wants to make it for the West... something like 2009 where only 4 west got in the tournament, but 2 were going to the FF could be possible, and that would mean only 1 West Pool C).
                          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
                            They sent three eastern women's teams out last year.

and last time it was out west, they sent three east teams with Oswego, Manhattanville, and Middlebury making the trip.

It doesn't necessarily have to be 2-2 again.
                            Women's is an entirely different situation. The East-West ratio is way more one-sided, especially when comparing PWR. Besides, using a different committee's example means squat. You may as well bring in a tennis example...

I stick with my prediction despite what you and Webb state happened in the past. Ridder Arena is much larger to fill than Superior...
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I stick with my prediction despite what you and Webb state happened in the past. Ridder Arena is much larger to fill than Superior...
                              I think it's a possibility there are two West teams at Ridder, but I don't think we'll see any number wrangling to make it happen. Also, as of now the West might not even be lined up to get four teams into the field unless St. Norbert remains this strong in the regular season and then loses in the NCHA playoffs.

Of course, I could always assume that the committee will roll over on the 4W again and then pair teams up as it did in '09, in a sort of unspoken deal that two make it to Ridder while only one gets to Placid in 2012 and 2013.

But I would never assume such a thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X