ronmexico and CC visit UAA 14/15 Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ronmexico and CC visit UAA 14/15 Jan

Five game series concludes this weekend with games four and five. CC up 2 to 1 and coming into this weekend pretty healthy, only missing it's top scorer (Jaden Schwartz). Appears William Rapuzzi (UAA thorn) will be ready to go after sitting out a couple games and should be good for the usual lighting of the lamps a few times against his hometown.

Wonder what in the world ronmexico is going to eat while in Anchorage?

What's the latest on UAA? How they looking? Sure I'm thankful to watch both of these games on TV.

Go Tigers!!
    World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Re: ronmexico and CC visit UAA 14/15 Jan

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
    For Mexican, Taco King about a mile from the arena. It's in a strip mall and looks like it, but it's the best Mexican in town no questions asked. Dirt cheap, too.

Lots of Thai/East Asian/Polynesian cuisine around (pretty big populations up here.) Yen King is good if you want Chinese.

Moose's Tooth has the best pizza in town. I will not entertain arguments here. Good brewskis too. Make reservations, it gets crowded.

For burgers, try Arctic Roadrunner. Some pretty interesting combinations available. Warning: they only take cash.

For adult pops, there's a bunch downtown. The biggun is Chilkoot Charlie's, which is like a nightclub with 11 or so different themed bars. However, it's got a rowdy reputation, mainly on weekends. If you want something not as insane there's the Peanut Farm which shows pretty much any sporting event you could possibly need. Humpy's downtown is pretty good as well, great salmon/halibut. There's also Moose's Tooth, as I mentioned.

If you've got the cash, head to the Glacier Brewhouse for some Alaskan king crab.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      For Mexican, Taco King about a mile from the arena. It's in a strip mall and looks like it, but it's the best Mexican in town no questions asked. Dirt cheap, too.

Lots of Thai/East Asian/Polynesian cuisine around (pretty big populations up here.) Yen King is good if you want Chinese.

Moose's Tooth has the best pizza in town. I will not entertain arguments here. Good brewskis too. Make reservations, it gets crowded.

For burgers, try Arctic Roadrunner. Some pretty interesting combinations available. Warning: they only take cash.

For adult pops, there's a bunch downtown. The biggun is Chilkoot Charlie's, which is like a nightclub with 11 or so different themed bars. However, it's got a rowdy reputation, mainly on weekends. If you want something not as insane there's the Peanut Farm which shows pretty much any sporting event you could possibly need. Humpy's downtown is pretty good as well, great salmon/halibut. There's also Moose's Tooth, as I mentioned.

If you've got the cash, head to the Glacier Brewhouse for some Alaskan king crab.
      For some reason I thought you were in Wyoming. Do you reside in Alaska now? Or just know that much about Anchorage?
      World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

Comment

I plan to eat fish.
        Originally posted by vizoroo
        Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
        Originally posted by duper
        I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
        Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
        Originally posted by dggoddard
        Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
          I plan to eat fish.
          It will be a different menu than you get in the states it will be hard to find Carp, Pink salmon, Northern pike , brown trout and all that other “bait fish “ you like. Might try Momma O’s on spenard road for deep fried Halibut for lunch.
          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

For some reason I thought you were in Wyoming. Do you reside in Alaska now? Or just know that much about Anchorage?
            Yup, moved to Alaska in March of 2010. Wyoming was just a one-year deal (two-year engineer training program at two different sites, I should be staying on here full-time.)

Saw Anchorage on the list and couldn't resist.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Yup, moved to Alaska in March of 2010. Wyoming was just a one-year deal (two-year engineer training program at two different sites, I should be staying on here full-time.)

Saw Anchorage on the list and couldn't resist.
              Cool, thanks for the info, you are welcome here anytime. I am sure ronmexico could put your tibits to use while he is in Anchorage.

Go Tigers!!

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info, you are welcome here anytime. I am sure ronmexico could put your tibits to use while he is in Anchorage.

Go Tigers!!
                I think twitch boy meant he jumped at the chance to move to AK not that he jumped to post on the thread... Anyway, Donald tells me I should get to meet him tonight.

Anchorage is nice and Donald is a good tour guide. I'm going to wear a Maine Black Bears jersey tonight to spite Donald. I'm headed to the game in about 45 mins.
                Originally posted by vizoroo
                Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                Originally posted by dggoddard
                Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

That was a pretty good game... UAA went 3-3 on the power play, finally some special teams production!

Comment

The Seawolves are going to be the team no one wants to play in the first round.

Comment

The Seawolves are going to be the team no one wants to play in the first round.
                      It seems like that is the case every season, but I do agree that this years team is special. That was a fun game last night. We are finally getting the consistent goaltending that we have needed. Go Wolves!!
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
                        I think twitch boy meant he jumped at the chance to move to AK not that he jumped to post on the thread... Anyway, Donald tells me I should get to meet him tonight.

Anchorage is nice and Donald is a good tour guide. I'm going to wear a Maine Black Bears jersey tonight to spite Donald. I'm headed to the game in about 45 mins.
                        Cool, twitch boy and I go back several years, we spent an evening hanging out at the Golden Bee before a CC game with Uncle Ken a few years ago. Good times!! Remember that twitch boy?
                        Last edited by CCtig; 01-16-2011, 12:40 AM.

Comment

CC played a very bad first period Saturday night!!

Comment

UAA earned both wins this weekend. Great effort by their entire team!! Congrats to their fans too!!

Comment

UAA earned both wins this weekend. Great effort by their entire team!! Congrats to their fans too!!
                              Thanks, it was nice to finally see UAA get rewarded for their great effort. That was a fun game, especially watching the CC "Mom" in front of us with her Tiger flag. LOL
                              Originally Posted by aparch
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                              X