Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#16 BU @ #15 Merrimack 1/12/11 (Assuming the bus can make it through the storm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #16 BU @ #15 Merrimack 1/12/11 (Assuming the bus can make it through the storm)

Odd Wednesday night game.... Anyone want to predict another tie?

Let's get it going!

Re: #16 BU @ #15 Merrimack 1/12/11 (Assuming the bus can make it through the storm)

When will they know for sure if this game is on or not? As much as I want to see the game, better be safe the sorry.

Comment

Re: #16 BU @ #15 Merrimack 1/12/11 (Assuming the bus can make it through the storm)

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
      When will they know for sure if this game is on or not? As much as I want to see the game, better be safe the sorry.
      I would guess that if it gets postponed, it won't be until Wednesday afternoon. They're really gonna push to get it in, so I wouldn't expect to see it called any earlier than that. We all know how unpredictable New England weather is, so no sense in making a decision before the storm even gets here.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

snow is supposed to end during the day... not like they will have to drive in blizzard conditions.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The latest model I'm looking at has the worst of it done by noontime....

I'm going to try to make it for sure!

Edit: Although accuweather.com still has it snowing at 9PM on Wed...
          Last edited by ericredaxe; 01-10-2011, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Sounds like both are right. Hearing worst of it done by mid-day, but flurries until night. I'm pretty sure I'll be going.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I've followed accuweather for a few hurricanes, and found them to be very unreliable. How delayed does the commuter rail get with bad snow like this?
              time to write new history

Comment

While I'm thoroughly enjoying all the traffic and weather reports, anyone have thoughts about the game? MC had the Terriers on the ropes the last game at Lawler but couldnt close the deal. I like the Warriors in this one, 4-2 (w/ and ENG) Cannata is playing really really well, and the offense cranked it up against ME. A win would take the season series for MC and give them 3 series wins (BC, BU and UML) for the season.
                Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Let's go Terriers!!!
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                    While I'm thoroughly enjoying all the traffic and weather reports, anyone have thoughts about the game? MC had the Terriers on the ropes the last game at Lawler but couldnt close the deal. I like the Warriors in this one, 4-2 (w/ and ENG) Cannata is playing really really well, and the offense cranked it up against ME. A win would take the season series for MC and give them 3 series wins (BC, BU and UML) for the season.
                    I was thinking the exact same thing, 4-2 with an empty netter. Cannata is playing unreal, and the forwards seem to be clicking. Although look for the big names to have a lot less space. Terriers will play a lot more physical game than Maine, that's something Da Costa is going to have to overcome.

Game may be won or lost in the grinder-line
                    Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

The Mack are ranked higher.

I don't see how BU wins this game. I just hope nobody gets hurt.

BU Hockey: Snow Job
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Posted this in the BU thread, but relevant here as well:

FL will have a full preview later tonight on the Merrimack game, but we can report that Max Nicastro has been handed a one-game suspension for his actions in Sunday's game against Vermont. As always, you can check the link in my signature for details.

Also, regarding the weather, there are a handful of factors involved in deciding whether the game will or won't be played, but it sounds to me like the biggest one will be BU's ability to get out of the city and to Merrimack. The team is planning on leaving almost 2 hours earlier than normal, and an official decision could come as late as tomorrow afternoon. If any news comes tonight, it'll be that the game is cancelled, otherwise, that call will be saved for tomorrow.

No decision has been made as to what happens if the game is cancelled, but if the snow is bad enough, it's possible Merrimack won't be able to get to Nashville this weekend, and then the teams may try to play Friday, but that's essentially just speculation at this point.
                        Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Is there much precedent as far as games being postponed due to weather... I'm trying to think back, and I can't really remember any? (But that does not mean it hasn't happened). On the other hand, I can definitley remember driving through nor-easter conditions to see a game a few times.

Comment

Is there much precedent as far as games being postponed due to weather... I'm trying to think back, and I can't really remember any? (But that does not mean it hasn't happened). On the other hand, I can definitley remember driving through nor-easter conditions to see a game a few times.
                            Thursday, December 13th about three years ago. Had a home game against Dartmouth. That was the storm it took everyone 8 hours to get home. The weather and traffic was so bad Dartmouth couldn't get here. That was the only one I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Thursday, December 13th about three years ago. Had a home game against Dartmouth. That was the storm it took everyone 8 hours to get home. The weather and traffic was so bad Dartmouth couldn't get here. That was the only one I remember.
                              Oh God I remember that storm. What a freakin mess that was trying to get home.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                              X