Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Against the rules are just being a homer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Against the rules are just being a homer ?

Was at a game this weekend and whenever the Visitor's penalty was over (the Home team's power play), the PA announcer announced 'Teams are now back at full strength' precisely as the penalty expired. He did not make the same annoucement when the Home team penalty was over.

Against the rules or just being a classic homer ?
    Last edited by gfan; 01-09-2011, 01:40 PM.

Re: Against the rules or just being a homer ?

Originally posted by gfan View Post
    Was at a game this weekend and whenever the Visitor's penalty was over (the Home team's power play), the PA announcer announced 'Teams are now back at full strength' precisely as the penalty expired. He did NOT make the same annoucement when the Home team penalty was over.

What rules?

Comment

Was at a game this weekend and whenever the Visitor's penalty was over (the Home team's power play), the PA announcer announced 'Teams are now back at full strength' precisely as the penalty expired. He did NOT make the same annoucement when the Home team penalty was over.

If an NCAA tournament game, that would be against the rules.
      Go 'Wick!

Comment

Being a homer, but as Jerry said, being a homer is against the rules in NCAA tournament play. Ask NU's former PA guy...
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          Being a homer, but as Jerry said, being a homer is against the rules in NCAA tournament play. Ask NU's former PA guy...
          I just heard this story a couple days ago. My God, what a fiasco!

(But at the same time, as an outsider at the time of the event, HILARIOUS!)
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Yeah, what a bonehead that guy was.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              Yeah, what a bonehead that guy was.
              Yes, he definitely thought he was the show instead of what was going on down on the ice.

Comment

For those of us that are ignorant to this... care to share the story?
                Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
                2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  I just heard this story a couple days ago. My God, what a fiasco!

(But at the same time, as an outsider at the time of the event, HILARIOUS!)
                  Are you referring to the 2004 NCAA tournament game against Midd when the Norwich PA guy announced the Midd Womens team names when the the Mens team starters were introduced? I didn't think it was PA guy masterminding it.
                  Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
                    Are you referring to the 2004 NCAA tournament game against Midd when the Norwich PA guy announced the Midd Womens team names when the the Mens team starters were introduced? I didn't think it was PA guy masterminding it.
                    Yes. Who do u think did mastermind it?
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: Against the rules are just being a homer ?

I have no first hand knowledge, but I heard it was someone else that put him up to it. It was alleged to have been an honest mistake, but I don't see how it could have been. It wasn't very classy and hardly hilarious. I was told at the time that it was fortunate that the Midd starters knew enough not to go out when the incorrect names were introduced because they could have been assessed a protocol penalty.

Comment

I have no first hand knowledge, but I heard it was someone else that put him up to it. It was alleged to have been an honest mistake, but I don't see how it could have been. It wasn't very classy and hardly hilarious. I was told at the time that it was fortunate that the Midd starters knew enough not to go out when the incorrect names were introduced because they could have been assessed a protocol penalty.
                        That's why i said as an outsider without a horse in the race. If i was a part of either institution at the time it'd be a different story.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          That's why i said as an outsider without a horse in the race. If i was a part of either institution at the time it'd be a different story.
                          Yeah, at the time, I imagined the players participating in the biggest game of their lives at the time and hoping to have their names and hometowns introduced in front of a full house. Instead, someone decided to take that away from them and announce them as the women's teams starters. Crazy?

Comment

Yeah, at the time, I imagined the players participating in the biggest game of their lives at the time and hoping to have their names and hometowns introduced in front of a full house. Instead, someone decided to take that away from them and announce them as the women's teams starters. Crazy?
                            I see your point. But if anything, I'm sure Middlebury was even more p/oed and ready to beat Norwich after the introductions.

It was unfortunate it happened, but you can't tell me that if that story made it into the national headlines, people wouldn't be laughing about it.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

I wasn't sorry to see him replaced. He acted like he was the show. Introduced himself to the crowd and actually walked along the ledge in front of the Press box as he made his announcements. I will give him credit for one thing - he was the one who first introduced the He Shoots ... (Crowd response...He Scores) routine to NU Hockey.
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X