SLU @ RPI, Saturday Night's Alright!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLU @ RPI, Saturday Night's Alright!

The North Country comes to visit this weekend. St. Lawrence comes to the Houston Field House. Saturday Night's Alright for the Red! Go RPI!
    Here we come!

Re: SLU @ RPI, Saturday Night's Alright!

Let's Go RED!!!!

Neither this post, nor the poster, condones fighting at the collegiate level of hockey.
    Last edited by burgie12; 01-08-2011, 11:20 AM. Reason: grammar
    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

2010-11
      Thread-Starting Statistics:
      Code:
      Ralph Baer         4- 0- 2 10 points  .833
      burgie12           3- 0- 0  6 points 1.000
      fr joe             2- 1- 1  5 points  .625
      jericho            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
      rpihockeyfan13     1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
      engineerhockeyfan  1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
      Waite21            0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      DrDemento          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      GRussinko          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000

Cumulative 2003-4 - 2010-11 Thread-Starting Statistics
      Code:
      fr joe            18-24- 6 42 points  .438
      Ralph Baer        17-22- 7 41 points  .446
      engineerhockeyfan 15-18- 4 34 points  .459
      hockeyhound       11-13- 1 23 points  .460
      Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
      GRussinko          7-13- 1 15 points  .357
      rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1 13 points  .500
      RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
      DrDemento          3-11- 3  9 points  .265
      FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0  8 points 1.000
      HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
      burgie12           3- 1- 0  6 points  .750
      jericho            3- 5- 0  6 points  .375
      RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
      JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
      Waite21            1- 4- 1  3 points  .250
      berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
      ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
      NYhockeyguy        1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
      JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
      Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
      REDRocket          1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
      redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
      Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
      vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
      RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      hawthr             0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      Priceless          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
      ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">

Alma Mater
      ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post

Let's Go RED!!!!

This post, nor the poster condones fighting at the collegiate level of hockey.
        Agreed! Actaully, we want to stay out of the box, but SLU can have a reserved box seat all night long!
        Here we come!

Comment

Anything less than a win tonight would make this a devastating weekend. We played fairly well for 60 minutes yesterday but horribly in OT. I expect a couple line up changes for tonight. We were 0 for 6 on the PP and that is an area we have to work on. Defense is still solid albeit the last part of the third period and the OT could have been far better. Let's get the split-Go Red!!
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

call of the night last night was interference...it seemed everytime the man carried the puck in and our D-man knocked him on his arse, up came the right arm. It was an evenly fought tilt, all CCT in OT though. Yorkie needs to control his rebounds better tonight. What a beautiful goal by Rabbani. Chase had some really good looks but most of his shots seemed to be aimed high corner where "Grandma hides the cookies". Really can't afford not to pick up 2 points tonight. Hate to do this but I was asked to not comment on the recruit who was there. I'll only say, he is not a prep player.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Anything less than a win tonight would make this a devastating weekend. We played fairly well for 60 minutes yesterday but horribly in OT. I expect a couple line up changes for tonight. We were 0 for 6 on the PP and that is an area we have to work on. Defense is still solid albeit the last part of the third period and the OT could have been far better. Let's get the split-Go Red!!
              I couldn't agree more.
              Its hard to say what happened in the OT, but Clarkson came out like they were on a mission. They won every puck battle and kept us on our heels.
              Tonight, we have to be ready. A second loss this weekend, and the team will be questioning itself. Not a good thing.
              And we have to start putting some pucks in the net. The PP last night was predictable. Clarkson had a man in the passing lane to Polacek all night. They knew what was coming and stopped it. Brutlag was good in front, but he could not get the tips that the player in front needs to get.
              More pucks in the net and less men in the penalty box is my recipe for tonights game.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                Hate to do this but I was asked to not comment on the recruit who was there. I'll only say, he is not a prep player.
                Interesting, very interesting.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

call of the night last night was interference...it seemed everytime the man carried the puck in and our D-man knocked him on his arse, up came the right arm. It was an evenly fought tilt, all CCT in OT though. Yorkie needs to control his rebounds better tonight. What a beautiful goal by Rabbani. Chase had some really good looks but most of his shots seemed to be aimed high corner where "Grandma hides the cookies". Really can't afford not to pick up 2 points tonight. Hate to do this but I was asked to not comment on the recruit who was there. I'll only say, he is not a prep player.
                  Can you tell us who asked you not to comment?
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The call on Kennedy was B.S. -it was a textbook stand your guy up play. You can't do it any better than he did. The non-call on CU's goalie interfering with our guy was big too...he clearly stepped out of the crease and into the path of the skater, and the puck was nowhere near the net. Then again, there were about 10 hooking non-calls last night. That said, I DO NOT blame the loss on the calls. We got outworked, I'm giving credit where it is due. It can't happen tonight. Period.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Dude, c'mon. There are about 100 different ways you could disseminate this info without it even remotely being traced to you. Send a carrier pigeon to RB and end the suspense for all of us. Loose lips help morale after a tough home
                      loss.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

RPI lines are posted, back to 7 dmen tonight, Leboeuf in/Smith out. Looks pretty similar to last nights line-up otherwise.

http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...910.pdf?id=956

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                          RPI lines are posted, back to 7 dmen tonight, Leboeuf in/Smith out. Looks pretty similar to last nights line-up otherwise.

http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...910.pdf?id=956
                          I'm not impressed with sticking with Brutlag at center after he had some major issues adjusting in the faceoff circle last night. I'd rather see Rogic centering one of the three lines and Brutlag on his wing. I guess it just seems really odd to me to dress 7 defensemen when we only use four of them for basically the entire second half of the game.

Comment

I would have liked to see Tinordi in at least one of these games, I think he provides a little more offense then a seventh dman. I wonder if he could be injured as well.

Comment

Meanwhile, the women sweep the weekend, beating Harvard 2-1. That runs the women's winning streak over the Harvard / Dartmouth travel pair to 6 consecutive games.
                              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
                              X