Pathetic Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pathetic Panthers

This could be the year that middlebury misses nescac playoffs.Talk about an uninspired performance,on tuesday against USM in the 1st period they didnt look like they wanted to be on the ice.The power play is miserable nobody wants to shoot,hesitate,pass,hesitate,pass lose puck out of zone.Yes I know they were 2 of 5 on sat and tues but it is terrible .Also they will not hit much of anybody and they really hate to be touched when on the ice.They should turn in their skates and get a comfy pair of ballet slippers,it is mens hockey you can play the body a little.I believe a good womens team could give them a battle at this time. They have a very tough road trip this weekend at Hamilton and Amherst looks like an 0 for 2 upcoming weekend,if their lucky they may scrape out a tie in 1 game.

Re: Pathetic Panthers

Brian C, are you by chance also known as hockeyguy 99??
    from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

I hate to say it, but most of what BC says is correct (except that women's team stuff). The only time that the Panthers seem to hit anyone is when they take ill advised penalties. Nick Resor, who was a prolific scorer last year, took two penalties on Tuesday (one of which cost Midd a goal) and spent the rest of the game collecting splinters. There's a lot of talent there, but not much will to pay the price. They have been out worked by everyone so far this year. It's been a long season already and looks like it's only going to get longer. I'll be surprised if they get one point this weekend unless they have an epiphany on the road to Clinton. I am a fervent Panther fan and always look for the positives. Not much to get excited about right now.

Comment

Yes it's been a tough start for the Panthers, and I too have at times been disgusted with the lack of effort, but I'm keeping the faith that it will all begin to come together before the season is over. I liked the way they looked the last fifteen minutes on Tuesday.They looked like a team that wanted to win to me. I was surprised that they didn't, frankly. I'm thinking that they're going to begin to turn it around this weekend, and I'm hoping for 3 points.
        I found it interesting that the average of the ECAC/ NESCAC Pick 'Em contestants' predictions gave the Panthers a bit over 2.5 points on the weekend. The most surprising thing was that the number was greatly inflated by the Norwich faithful! On top of that a couple of purported Midd fans deflated the number with zeros.
        Last edited by jimmy d; 01-07-2011, 05:44 PM.

Comment

jimmy d I am not anyone else and will stand up for what i post ,i will call it like i see it . I have been a midd fan for 37 years thru the good bad and ugly. This years team has yet to beat a .500 or better team. Nobody can or is allowed to fire from the blueline on pp its disgusting also need Resor in front of the net on pp not 3 guys behind the n

et .Bottom line someone needs to take charge .
          In the last 5min of 2nd period tues midd had usm on its heels and did nothing ,playing in very brief spurts.

Comment

Sorry,Brian C, that hockeyguy 99 thing WAS out of line. I wasn't at the game tonight but it sounded like the effort was there again. Once the Panthers sharpen their tools I think they'll be OK. Tomorrow afternoon will be a good test. I will be there for sure!

Comment

jimmy d if you are at next weekends games i would like to meet you .I stand behind the bench where the players come out of the locker room, usually next to Tom Cantwells father whos in a wheelchair. I listened to some of the game , lots of chances tools not sharpe enough yet.

Comment

Nice win by Midd at Amherst. I'm happy to say that I was wrong (I had them fortunate to garner 1 point) as the Panthers picked up 3 points this weekend.

Comment

Ditto on that ,huge weekend the way they were playing. I hate to rag on them but when the talents there and the effort isnt thats what really irritates me. Now they need to use this as a springboard for the rest of the season.

Comment

What happened to Bryan Curren and Tom Clayton? Are they injured or doing time?

Comment

At last tuesdays game Clayton no longer on roster and Curran not sure ,he could be hurt or in the doghouse thats Beaneys doghouse although a few different players dressed on tuesday

Comment

Bump
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

A 3-3 tie would have been a bump ,the 4 -3 loss was a THUD

Comment

Alas, there is the first week of February to look forward to
                            Larry Normandin
                            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                            X