Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone care that Maine is playing at Merrimack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone care that Maine is playing at Merrimack?

I don't. I'm just glad that they are scheduling crappy games for winter break. I'm still livid I missed that 2009 home game against UNH.

But, the Warriors do only have one loss at home (to NEU!?). Can we achieve what BU and BC were unable to? Stay tuned.
    Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Re: Does anyone care that Maine is playing at Merrimack?

The games between Maine, Merrimack and BU are going to be huge in 2011 as those 3 race for the final two home ice spots. It's particularly important for Merrimack, which just seems to be a much different team on the road compared to what they do at Lawler. So yes, I care about this game, even though I really don't care about either team.

It will be interesting to see what happens here. Maine is hoping to prove they are not a fraud and Merrimack is hoping to prove that they belong. I'm going with Merrimack at home IMO. They have home ice, goaltending and coaching in this one. All good advantages over Maine.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Huge game for MC. They're up in Orono for 2 later in the season, so "defending" home ice is key here.

Looking at the schedules for MC, ME and BU, who has the toughest road?
      MC is done with BC, but still has 2 with UNH (1 at Lawler and 1 @ Lake Whitt), 1 with BU (@ Lawler) and the 3 with ME.
      BU has 2 @ ME, 1 at home vs. BC, 1 @ UNH and 1 @ MC.
      ME, 2 home and 1 @MC, 1 home vs BC, 2 @ UNH and 2 home vs BU.

That's a tough haul for BU, 4 games on the road and BC at HAA.

(and my guess is that PC and NU are going to cause some problems)
      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I care. I'll be covering the game tomorrow. Should be a good one and, as others have already pointed out, an important one.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

It will be interesting to see what happens here. Maine is hoping to prove they are not a fraud .
          Its pretty clear they are if past games are any indication. Goaltending has been better than expected but the Team D is awful and the PP is dreadful
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I agree; this game is huge. I think that it is great having Maine back and Merrimack, too. Would love to see five HE season teams in the NCAA post-season this year.

Comment

Every game from here on in is important for Maine...wins and points for Home ice in Hockey East...plus beating teams that will help them in the PWR...this second half of the season is put up or shut up time for Maine...no excuses,just playing hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                I agree; this game is huge. I think that it is great having Maine back
                Where did Maine come back to?
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Apparently a lot of people care, game sold out and they had to turn people away at the doors.
                  "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                  Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                  NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                  EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                  AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                  1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
                    Does anyone care that Maine is playing at Merrimack?
                    Hopefully not so no one saw what just happened.

Comment

What was the final score, 7-1? Congrats to MC, it appears they know how to play hockey
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Good news folks! The box score on HEonline right now indicates that Maine did outshoot Merrimack. This will make BobF very very pleased and we will be hearing about this for the next few months.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Here's my story on today's game.
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                          X