• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCHO announces death of interlock

http://www.uscho.com/mens-d3-blog/20...ys-in-2011-12/
    Artie
    Go NEC Pilgrims! (One of the few)

Re: USCHO announces death of interlock

Thanks for the "timely" coverage. I still think this s*cks. We lose Bowdoin/Colby, Amherst/Hamilton, Williams, and who knows about Midd. Some of the potential other side effects are unwelcome.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Boy this is a big suprise. The info has been on the steet for months.
      2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
      2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

I also hear that they're reporting that Francisco Franco is dead.

I also like how the correspondent made it seem like a revelation about the Little East - MASCAC sports cooperation. I know hockeyfan77 and (a great many) others think I'm nuts, but that interplay cannot be ignored as the timeline ticks to 2012-13.
        Last edited by joecct; 01-06-2011, 03:14 PM.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          The Berlin Wall has been dismantled
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-f_DPrSEOEo?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-f_DPrSEOEo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyguy99 View Post
              ******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-f_DPrSEOEo?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-f_DPrSEOEo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">
              Lmao! Solid.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

What??? They are ending the interlock?? Surely this is a joke - Until I see it from snopes, its just urban legend
                Last edited by norm1909; 01-06-2011, 07:20 PM.
                Larry Normandin
                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I keep thinking of the M word (Manhattanville) as a team ready to join the East that seems to rile up a few ECAC East fans. In a couple of years like the article reported more changes are in the cards. Since the ECAC Northeast removed the D2's from conference you got to project that the ECAC East will do the same. I hope what will come out of the mess is stongest confrence in the East. The stars are starting to line up for a combined ECAC West and the stronger members of the East who want to play a very competitive schedule similar to the SUNYAC.
                  2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                  2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                    I keep thinking of the M word (Manhattanville) as a team ready to join the East that seems to rile up a few ECAC East fans. In a couple of years like the article reported more changes are in the cards. Since the ECAC Northeast removed the D2's from conference you got to project that the ECAC East will do the same. I hope what will come out of the mess is stongest confrence in the East. The stars are starting to line up for a combined ECAC West and the stronger members of the East who want to play a very competitive schedule similar to the SUNYAC.
                    How many times do you have to be told that the East teams don't want to join with the West. It's been said over and over again. There is nothing that will force them to combine with the way things are now. If the East were to drop below the 7 teams needed for the auto-bid, then yes maybe Manhattanville is accepted in to get them back to the limit. However, until/if that happens, the East and West WILL NOT be combining.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

I also like how the correspondent made it seem like a revelation about the Little East - MASCAC sports cooperation. I know hockeyfan77 and (a great many) others think I'm nuts, but that interplay cannot be ignored as the timeline ticks to 2012-13.

I don't think you are nuts....If MVille joins the EAST I know for a fact USM will join LEC/MASCAC league...I am also 95 percent sure UMB would follow in short order: However I do not see USM joining the LEC/MASCAC if everything goes as planned...I am hoping everything stays the same as USM gets the best of both worlds: playing an EAST schedule while also playing non conference games against Salem and Bowdoin/Colby....We will see...
                      Last edited by hockeyfan77; 01-06-2011, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post

Not sure why you think the EAST is a weak conference????

Comment

I am guessing that USM will continue to play Middlebury as long as both brothers coach.
                          Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
                            I am guessing that USM will continue to play Middlebury as long as both brothers coach.
                            Maybe but it's killer travel for one game...I know they will play next year...

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              How many times do you have to be told that the East teams don't want to join with the West. It's been said over and over again. There is nothing that will force them to combine with the way things are now. If the East were to drop below the 7 teams needed for the auto-bid, then yes maybe Manhattanville is accepted in to get them back to the limit. However, until/if that happens, the East and West WILL NOT be combining.
                              Derek, You will get tired of repeating yourself long before he gets a clue.
                              Go 'Wick!

Comment

Working...
                              X