Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/7, 1/8 NU vs UMASS (Amherst/Lowell)

Happy New Yr all..

split wknd? Hopefully with a 29 day break for the Huskies.. can see some improved hockey at home. Would like to see us get 4 pts but UMass is tough at Mullins. Not tougher than Merrimack at Volpe though. I'm hoping we can muster a tie.

I think we can beat Lowell Saturday. New Yr resolution.. win at home! Go NU
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Re: 1/7, 1/8 NU vs UMASS (Amherst/Lowell)

Need to sweep. No excuses.
    DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
      New Yr resolution.. win! Go NU
      I went ahead and fixed your post.
      On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
      If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Originally posted by HungryHungryHuskies View Post
        I went ahead and fixed your post.
        More power.. Amen!

Rawlings had a shutout the last time at Mullins. I'm hoping he can have a good gm & steal one there again, regardless of score.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I believe Lowell's best chance to win (slim as it may be) is with Carr in net, and luckily for us he should be playing Saturday. He won't be playing Friday night though. It's been a long season already. Lowell also will be getting back two of the three upperclassmen that missed a good chunk of the first half of the season, so that should help as well.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

..the Huskies have not had much of a home advantage so far. We're of course hoping the New Yr can change all that. Though we did win at Tsongas.. it was a close gm with the last goal being ENG. I thought Boulanger played well for you in that gm (but of course i was just there for the beers ). I see the Sat gm being close. If we can play disciplined.. we have a good chance both nights.
            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

3 goals in 38 seconds... wow! Nice win at Mullins.

Love to see the video recap of that one (it'll be on at Matthews tomorrow night hopefully).
              Nice victory.. hopefully we carry the momentum into Saturday. Way to go NU .
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

The game was on CBS3 what is that? If anyone has the location of video of these goals. Please post. Anyway half way to a 4 point weekend and sole posestion of 6th place. Nice job Huskies! I guess, I hear the Mullens Center was empty that might have helped. The weather in Amherst is crappy tonight and I guess lots of schools not back until Monday. I will take it, We have UMASS Lowell tommorow at home and then 2 home games againt a weak Vermont team next weekend, 5th place is a possibility.

Comment

Not the thread for it.. but something tells me Vermont will not be a weak team (to face), nxt weekend. Sneddon will have them ready. But that's another thread.. let's take care of business at home & get a good start to the year.
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

3 goals in 38 seconds?!? Who are these guys?

Lets get another 2 points tomorrow.
                    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                    X