Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Not so ez????

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    (The concept, of course, being that there's nothing that can be done to ever satiate those who are committed to the idea that the ECAC can't possibly be having a good year.)
    I do see that the ECAC has six teams listed in the top 25 of the PWR.

For comparison:

WCHA: 8
    CCHA: 6
    HEA: 5

So, by that measure, yes, the ECAC is having a good season thus far. However, I'm willing to bet these numbers have looked fairly similar in years past and that hasn't meant a hill of beans come NCAA Tournament time. The ECAC will continue to be looked down upon until they consistently compete in the NCAA tournament, start making some Frozen Fours and win a national title.

Last FF appearance: 2003
    Last national champion: 1989

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
    Switch out Yale for BC and its pretty good.
    acs still obsessed with BC

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I think I agree with most people on here that, yes it is nice to see where our league is now, but we really should wait until we get closer to March to see where all of the teams fall within the rankings.
    Not directed at you, but by my calculations, the ECAC is 7-17 since the 16 team format was introduced back in 2003. Cornell is responsible for five of the seven wins.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    As for whether the team deserves their ranking, that really doesn't mean anything until March, but the true idiots are those who blithely dismiss them. They're certainly the most explosive team to come out of the ECAC in a decade, they're very well coached, and they seem to finally be getting some good goaltending.
    Completely agree on an individual evaluation of Yale. I think they are an extremely dangerous team.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      The racism continues.

Among teams that are ranked right now...
      Brown: BU
      Harvard: RPI
      Quinnipiac: UNO (x2)
      RPI: BU, Union
      SLU: UNH
      Union: RPI, Minnesota
      Yale: RPI, Union, Colorado College

You're right, I can only count them on one hand, but that's because I have 12 fingers on my hand.

vs. WCHA: 7-6-3
      vs. Hockey East: 7-7-4
      I was thinking OOC but I see I left that out, my bad. Regarding your records however, BU (#10), UNO (#8), UNH (#2), Minny(#19), and CC(#10).

Very impressive. You are right, the ECAC ROCKS all other conferences beware...
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
        At full strength, I'd say the 2 best teams in country right now are BC & NoDak, with another group of 4 or 5 (Michigan, DU, Yale, Miami & UNH) just a bit behind.
        And as soon as BC loses again, then all of the folks from HE will say that one of their other teams is one of the best two. First it was BU. Then UNH. Now BC. I think even Maine was up there at some point. I'm just waiting for Merrimack's turn since, and I'm serious when I say this, they are as good as all of the others.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
          Switch out Yale for BC and its pretty good.
          Is Maine still in D-1? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
            And as soon as BC loses again, then all of the folks from HE will say that one of their other teams is one of the best two. First it was BU. Then UNH. Now BC. I think even Maine was up there at some point. I'm just waiting for Merrimack's turn since, and I'm serious when I say this, they are as good as all of the others.
            Idiotic post. BC's been consistent all year and has more talent than anyone in HE if not the country.

ps- Can we stop this Yale foolishness? There is no way they beat BC, UND, etc in the national tournament this year. They are a cute little story, but people are getting carried away with this fantasy.

Comment

I'm just waiting for Merrimack's turn since, and I'm serious when I say this, they are as good as all of the others.
              Oh brother... MC fans are the Ylae fan's of HE...

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                Idiotic post. BC's been consistent all year and has more talent than anyone in HE if not the country.
                Yes they have been consistent - as in consistently losing to Merrimack. Of course we shouldn't let the actual results on the ice stand in the way of your argument.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                  Oh brother... MC fans are the Ylae fan's of HE...
                  Not sure if you are implying that I'm an MC fan but I'm an RPI guy just stating my opinion based on watching games. Your comparison of Yale and Merrimack fans is like comparing NPR to Fox News. Not a lot of overlap there.

Comment

Yes they have been consistent - as in consistently losing to Merrimack. Of course we shouldn't let the actual results on the ice stand in the way of your argument.
                    You're basing it on the fact they lost to Merrimack? Seriously? Your two brains cells must really enjoy talking with eachother.

Comment

• Re: Not so ez????

Not sure if you are implying that I'm an MC fan but I'm an RPI guy just stating my opinion based on watching games. Your comparison of Yale and Merrimack fans is like comparing NPR to Fox News. Not a lot of overlap there.
                      Oh, that explains it an ECAC fan.... A bottom dweller having a better then average single season, and becoming ranked gets translated and stretched into a top tier team? It all makes perfect sense now. FYI, yes you sound just like the MC fans, and Yale fans for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                        You're basing it on the fact they lost to Merrimack? Seriously? Your two brains cells must really enjoy talking with eachother.
                        I'm basing it on seeing the teams play 3 games. 2 brain cells - boy that is a good comeback! I think I'll refer your future posts to my 5 year old so you can have a conversation with an equal.

Comment

I'm basing it on seeing the teams play 3 games. 2 brain cells - boy that is a good comeback! I think I'll refer your future posts to my 5 year old so you can have a conversation with an equal.
                          Does he understand word wrap?
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                            Oh, that explains it an ECAC fan.... A bottom dweller having a better then average single season, and becoming ranked gets translated and stretched into a top tier team? It all makes perfect sense now. FYI, yes you sound just like the MC fans, and Yale fans for that matter.
                            Yes I'm happy that RPI seems to be turning a corner. Thanks for noticing! If you look closely at what I've said though... I've made no comments regarding who is "a top tier team in the NCAA". If you'd like to know my opinion, I'll give it. I think the jury is out on Yale and we won't know anything until the tournament. This is pretty obvious of course and not really worth posting.

Comment

Winning all your games against weak teams does not make you a weak team. Losing them would, but Yale isn't doing that. And by the way, Yale has been a very good team for three consecutive years, and so far this looks like their best team ever. People aren't just claiming they're a top team because they beat Holy Cross. They're saying it because they've seen Yale play 13 games and Yale looks really, really good.

I can kind of understand if people said they couldn't know for sure who was the best team in the country because not all the best teams have played one another enough yet. But to categorically claim that Yale ISN'T the best team because of the games the've actually WON, or that Yale CAN'T be the best team because they're in the ECAC, is just plain ridiculous. Saying that there's no way they could beat Team X or Team Y in the NCAA tournament is even more ridiculous.

Whoever the best team in the country might be, if not Yale, if they played Yale's schedule there's an excellent chance they'd be . . . oh, 12-1 right now. Yale is performing just as any #1 team should be expected to with their schedule. I don't know if they're the best team, but you can't reasonably say they aren't based just on the quality of the opponents they're beating. Or on what a completely different Cornell team did 5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
                                Winning all your games against weak teams does not make you a weak team. Losing them would, but Yale isn't doing that. And by the way, Yale has been a very good team for three consecutive years, and so far this looks like their best team ever. People aren't just claiming they're a top team because they beat Holy Cross. They're saying it because they've seen Yale play 13 games and Yale looks really, really good.
                                Vermont looked really really good to...when they played the US National University Team.

Yale has a good team and no one is arguing that. Most people are simply pointing out its hard to consider them the "BEST" considering their schedule. This would have gone away after 5-10 posts except the crazy Eli's keep putting up these stupid threads....

Yale skating Circles around the WCHA...
                                Yale the best team in hockey ???
                                Not so EZ ??

Sorry but "huge" wins against UAH ?? A loss to BC (moral win) that was missing 4 players ??

The arrogance and absurdity is what keeps it chugging along. It's no difference then argument with BC fans all off season... their arrogance drives most of it, difference is the results actually back them up. (ssshhhhh don't tell them I said that)

Comment

Working...
                                X