Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Not so ez????

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    At full strength, I'd say the 2 best teams in country right now are BC & NoDak, with another group of 4 or 5 (Michigan, DU, Yale, Miami & UNH) just a bit behind.
    Top 5 (at full strength)

1.) Brown
    2.) North Dakota
    3.) Boston College
    4.) Miami of Ohio
    5.) Michigan

F Yale and F UNH
    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Yup, HE sucks, only won 3 NCAA Titles (soon to be 4) in a row.
      That doesn't matter, only Christmas tournaments matter
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Yup, HE sucks, only won 3 NCAA Titles (soon to be 4) in a row.
        ******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKlxjbhB9HE?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKlxjbhB9HE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
          In two weeks, a preview of this year's National Semifinal will take place when Yale comes to Meehan.
          I don't know which disturbs me more, you beating Yale or us not being able to beat SLU....

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            I don't know which disturbs me more, you beating Yale or us not being able to beat SLU....
            BC (last year's champ) lost to SLU last season. Trend forming here...
            Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              I know Yalies are idiots, but I'll give them at least a hint of credit in saying this guy is an imposter. Reminds me of the d-bag on Good Will Hunting that doesn't understand the concept of an apple.
              I thought the dbag on Good Will Hunting was Carmine Scarpaglia? Better check IMDB.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

BC (last year's champ) lost to SLU last season. Trend forming here...
                What, that SLU can knock off a national champion in some game in the first half of the year? (They did beat us in the 84-85 season...) No sense in putting stock in the past, especially given several changing factors. Granted Coach Marsh is very good and I didn't pick SLU to finish in the basement simply due to him. Anything can happen, however given your "prediction", the ECAC would need 3 at-large bids. Yale probably, RPI it's looking good thus far but we could be bubble-icious, but I really don't see Brown or SLU getting one. Not to mention the unique placements of the teams...

I think I agree with most people on here that, yes it is nice to see where our league is now, but we really should wait until we get closer to March to see where all of the teams fall within the rankings. I agree with a blogger's opinion that at this point you can kind of tell who won't be making it and who has a pretty good shot, but it's still early and anything can happen in the remaining 8-9 weeks of conference play.

Comment

Top 5 (at full strength)

1.) Brown
                  2.) North Dakota
                  3.) Boston College
                  4.) Miami of Ohio
                  5.) Michigan

F Yale and F UNH
                  Switch out Yale for BC and its pretty good.
                  I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    What, that SLU can knock off a national champion in some game in the first half of the year? (They did beat us in the 84-85 season...) No sense in putting stock in the past, especially given several changing factors. Granted Coach Marsh is very good and I didn't pick SLU to finish in the basement simply due to him. Anything can happen, however given your "prediction", the ECAC would need 3 at-large bids. Yale probably, RPI it's looking good thus far but we could be bubble-icious, but I really don't see Brown or SLU getting one. Not to mention the unique placements of the teams...

I think I agree with most people on here that, yes it is nice to see where our league is now, but we really should wait until we get closer to March to see where all of the teams fall within the rankings. I agree with a blogger's opinion that at this point you can kind of tell who won't be making it and who has a pretty good shot, but it's still early and anything can happen in the remaining 8-9 weeks of conference play.
                    The only way we're (SLU) getting in at this point is to win in AC.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      I know Yalies are idiots, but I'll give them at least a hint of credit in saying this guy is an imposter.
                      I've yet to meet a Yale hockey fan who was an idiot, which is more than I can say for most fan groups (including ours ). I dunno what's going on with this spate of d-bag threads from alleged Yalies, but from the grammar and maturity I would guess that at least some of the miscreants are middle schoolers who just discovered posting, and others are sinking their irony hooks pretty deep into fish who are all too willing to bite.

As for whether the team deserves their ranking, that really doesn't mean anything until March, but the true idiots are those who blithely dismiss them. They're certainly the most explosive team to come out of the ECAC in a decade, they're very well coached, and they seem to finally be getting some good goaltending.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 01-02-2011, 08:26 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The Skating Saints knock off the Wildcats. "EZ" what? Compared to expert proclamations about the the strength of college hockey teams, conferences, and recruits the birthers have a boilerplate argument.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                          Switch out Yale for BC and its pretty good.
                          Please pass me the substances that the two of you (onion Man) are taking! And no stinking formulas, just observations (or opinions) from seeing a lot of games this season. Remember Yogi sez..."You can see a lot just by watching'.

Probably the #1 team at this moment is North Dakota; since losing twice in Orono they are 11-3-1 with losses to UMD, Denver, and Nebraska with the tie against Notre Dame. Yale has the solitary loss to Air Force but most of their 'quality' wins have been at home (most...they did beat Colorado College in Colorado Springs) over ECAC opponents such as RPI and Union. I have the upmost respect for those two teams and they would be in the top half of HE this year. The rest of the ECAC is capable of beating up on each other with no distinction to be made unless Mike Schafer can perform some magic on his Cornell squad in the second half. HE is having a down year overall but BC and UNH are clearly the class of it. OK, SLU beat UNH in Dunham...good for them but play that game 10 times....Point is, a single game a season does not make! The body of work is what is needed and right now, BC and North Dakota are the top two dogs, then Yale, and then a mess! Michigan, Miami of Oxford (here's to you Barry M), Nebraska, Notre Dame, Denver, UNH, RPI, Union (They have been missing their top scorer), Minnesota-Duluth and others can be put in a bag and pick 'em out. Fine, use PWR, RPI, or whatever formula that you like! But there is no dominant team in that group at the moment.

And onion man, I appreciate your wit and dedication to Brown hockey but try to see life for what it is, not what you think it should be.

My $.02 to this great thread....
                          Last edited by Still Crazy in section 17; 01-02-2011, 09:16 PM.
                          RPI Hockey - Taking on the World!

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
                            The Skating Saints knock off the Wildcats. "EZ" what? Compared to expert proclamations about the the strength of college hockey teams, conferences, and recruits the birthers have a boilerplate argument.
                            Oh for ****'s sake... Now this thread is complete.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              I've yet to meet a Yale hockey fan who was an idiot, which is more than I can say for most fan groups (including ours ). I dunno what's going on with this spate of d-bag threads from alleged Yalies, but from the grammar and maturity I would guess that at least some of the miscreants are middle schoolers who just discovered posting, and others are sinking their irony hooks pretty deep into fish who are all too willing to bite.

As for whether the team deserves their ranking, that really doesn't mean anything until March, but the true idiots are those who blithely dismiss them. They're certainly the most explosive team to come out of the ECAC in a decade, they're very well coached, and they seem to finally be getting some good goaltending.
                              Bah, Yalies are all a bunch of legacies. Same with Harvard. But I digress.

Regardless of the actual level of stupidity, Yale hasn't impressed me with any of their wins. I'll continue to push them to the second tier of college teams worthy of a two or three seed. A #1 seed, no, they don't deserve it yet.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yale is a good team but their schedule is a joke. That's not their fault of course but look at it for what it is. One quality win thusfar at CC, the rest has been beating up on high school teams (no offense to Cornell but it's just not their year, and EZAC is EZAC). This could be a HUGE problem come tourney time when Yale will suddenly have to go up against teams like UND/UMD/DU/BC/Miami/Michigan/UNH in a 1 and done and those teams will look like the ********** Canadian Olympic team compared to what they've beat up on all year.

In terms of the guys (yale) talking **** about their team speed and no-one being able to play w/them for 60, I present the Miami of Ohio Redhawks who I saw last week. Miami has the most team speed I've seen this year including Minnesota/North Dakota/Denver/Michigan/UMD, etc.

and EVEN then, Miami was upset by a vastly underperforming (and in comparison slow) St. Cloud State in that tourney. In short, Yale could skate to the NCAA's with 1-2 losses and their advocates can be excited and annoint them champs now but their schedule does them no favors in terms of getting the team used to playing tough opponents.
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X