Not so ez????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Not so ez????

Electronic posturing, chest beating and mocking are comical. I wonder if they are to compensate for a late lamented hockey career or a hockey career that never was. Why not just let the kids play and let the results speak for themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      It seems like the only thing I ever hear on here is that KRACH is all that matters, teams aren't good unless they have a high KRACH SoS, and that the EZAC is a joke. So, why not create a tournament field based solely upon the KRACH SoS, and all the while, eliminating all EZAC teams. It was as much of a joke as all of these threads. Let's just drop the puck tomorrow and enjoy the game that all of us seem to love to watch.
      Strength of Schedule is important, but it isn't the only thing that matters. There are a lot of people who will discredit Yale because of the SoS. I don't discredit any team because of their SoS...for the most part you really can't control that. I like to watch as many games as possible of the top teams before I make a decision on a team.

At the end of the day though, you are correct. We all love watching hockey and should just enjoy that. Saying that, we have to have something to talk about between games.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I think you can look at BSU to see what happens when a team goes from a weak SoS, into the WCHA. They had a sparkling record the last few years, and now they are getting ground up by the WCHA to the tune of .375 in conference.
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
          I think you can look at BSU to see what happens when a team goes from a weak SoS, into the WCHA. They had a sparkling record the last few years, and now they are getting ground up by the WCHA to the tune of .375 in conference.
          You could make the same argument with UVM when they moved from the league in question to Hockey East. They went from not half bad to not half bad.

Is there going to now be someone starting a thread about how Hockey East is a joke? -_-

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
            We'll never know.

However, keep in mind that Ylae would BE one of those better teams duking it out with the other heavyweights. They'd take their lumps, but give them, too. And believe it or not, a team like Ylae would rather play someone like Denver than Brown. ECAC conference games can also be tough because of the style of play and, typically, good goaltending.
            As a Denver fan, we have a lot of respect for Yale and what Keith Allain is building there. The thumping they put on a decent CC team did not go unnoticed out here, and while the Bulldogs also lost to Air Force on that trip, we know what that feels like, too (although at least not this year). The reality is that Yale would take some lumps as a WCHA member and would not be ranked #1 in the country. But I have little doubt that they would be battling it out among the top 4 WCHA teams for the WCHA championship this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
              As a Denver fan, we have a lot of respect for Yale and what Keith Allain is building there. The thumping they put on a decent CC team did not go unnoticed out here, and while the Bulldogs also lost to Air Force on that trip, we know what that feels like, too (although at least not this year). The reality is that Yale would take some lumps as a WCHA member and would not be ranked #1 in the country. But I have little doubt that they would be battling it out among the top 4 WCHA teams for the WCHA championship this year.
              And I assume you know that my comment about Denver had nothing to do with the quality of the team - it's a style thing. Yale likes to skate, and a team like Denver will happily play that game. Brown won't. It's (at least in part) the same reason St. Lawrence has sometimes looked better against Yale in the past few years than they have against Brown. Yale plays the way St. Lawrence wants them to, because they're really good at it.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                Saying that the EZAC has better tradition than the WCHA is like saying Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball, Minnesota and UND have more tradition in their little fingers than the entire EZAC combined. UND recruits players to Grand Forks, I mean seriously the place smells like rotting flesh and the high for January is 8.

I guess Yale playing in the first college hockey game ever means nothing towards tradition? The other comments about the ECAC recruiting being hamstrung by league rules pale in comparison to the Ivy League, try recruiting with NO SCHOLARSHIPS. I know there are ways around the scholarship rules but there are only so many no-show jobs on each campus

I will always remember this quote by Yale Prez Richard Levin, when asked if Yale would ever offer scholarships.

"Not while I'm president. I believe the Ivy League system reflected in our 1956 agreement has served us well," Levin said. "We are able to attract outstanding students with athletic talent, and they have serious competition without it being professionalized."
                Last edited by LTsatch; 01-20-2011, 07:46 PM.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
                  Electronic posturing, chest beating and mocking are comical. I wonder if they are to compensate for a late lamented hockey career or a hockey career that never was. Why not just let the kids play and let the results speak for themselves?
                  Why do you insist on breathing? Why not try not breathing and let the results speak for themselves?
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    I'll let you figure that one out...

Average KRACH rating:
                    WCHA - 258.84
                    ECAC - 170.53
                    Hockey East - 149.61
                    CCHA - 148.77
                    AH - 31.87
                    UAH - 16.2
                    What's brent say in situations like this? Oh yeah...

BOX
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Tournament field:

1 seeds - UND, UAA, UMD, DU
                      2 seeds - Bemidji, Gophers, Col Coll, Wisconsin
                      3 seeds - UA_, Notre Dame, MTU, UNO
                      4 seeds - NMU, SCSU*, HEA qualifier, AHA qualifier
                      *EZAC is so awful that no team from its league deserves to be in the tournament, so any team with said credentials is skipped.
                      Well that's one way to try and get the NC trophy back out west.
                      The HEA qualifier may throw a monkey wrench into the works though.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
                        Ever hear of Lynah Rink? How about Bill Cleary or Hobey Baker?

And Grand Forks? Give me a break. The population of Canton, NY is like 6,500 people and it's **** cold there, too. And if an alum built us a brand new $50 million rink next year, we'd be able to recruit a little, too.
                        pfft, take your Cleary and Baker, I'll have Mayasich, Brooks, Esposito, Armstrong...

Someone obviously hasn't been to Grand Forks in winter. Siberia is more hospitable than this god forsaken hell. But I'm sure it is -27 with a 30 mph wind in Canton right now too.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          pfft, take your Cleary and Baker, I'll have Mayasich, Brooks, Esposito, Armstrong...

Someone obviously hasn't been to Grand Forks in winter. Siberia is more hospitable than this god forsaken hell. But I'm sure it is -27 with a 30 mph wind in Canton right now too.
                          Man, I'm going to have to pack my swimsuit for this weekends game. Sounds like it's going to be nice weather!
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            Man, I'm going to have to pack my swimsuit for this weekends game. Sounds like it's going to be nice weather!
                            I'm so sick of this ****ing town and this weather. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to work outside in it for 6 hours each day. I haven't been able to feel the tips of my fingers since Tuesday morning, and my cheeks are so frostbitten that they're turning black. I look like Rob ****ing Green.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Man up you Sally.
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                                Man up you Sally.
                                that's easy for you to say, siting in your Mom's basement, eating cupcakes all day.
                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Working...
                                X