Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Not so ez????

Originally posted by TimU View Post
    I heard she took a 300-level word wrap course, and got a 4.25.
    I'm sure she could take more than 4.25, if not, Dirty has a chance!
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Word-
      wrap
      is
      over-
      rated
      !
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=I don't usually reply in these threads, but this is too good to pass up:

January 2, 2011

#10* Bemidji State 3
        #12** Union 1

* in the WCHA
        ** in the country

Oops]

Saturday January 15, 2011

#4* New Hampshire 4
        #4** Dartmouth 5

* in the country
        ** in the "EZAC"

Oops...

Comment

Originally posted by I don't usually reply in these threads, but this is too good to pass up:

January 2, 2011

#10* Bemidji State 3
          #12** Union 1

* in the WCHA
          ** in the country

Oops
          [/I]

#4* New Hampshire 4
          #4** Dartmouth 5

* in the country
          ** in the "EZAC"

Oops...
          Perhaps you should learn to properly quote a post before taunting others.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            Perhaps you should learn to properly quote a post before taunting others.
            You've been around long enough Dirty to know there is no fun in that.
            "My greatest achievement."
            Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

ECAC Hockey went 49–33–15 in non-conference play...
              vs WCHA 8–8–4
              vs HE 8–9–4
              vs CCHA 6–10–2
              vs AHA 27–6–5

Link
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                vs WCHA 8–8–4
                vs HE 8–9–4
                vs CCHA 6–10–2
                vs AHA 27–6–5

Link
                Holy Christ what a terrible story.

and often confoundingly ridicule our pack as the “EZ-AC” … the wannabes of D-I men’s hockey.
                Confoundingly? Really? You can figure that out?

Against Atlantic Hockey and independent Alabama-Huntsville, the ECAC was 27–6–5, for which we can be mildly content.
                Still don't see why the ECAC maybe ridiculed? They are midly content with a winning record against the AHA...

ECAC Hockey probably isn’t better, as a whole, than the “Big Three,” but it’s not worse, either.
                Still not seeing it Mr. Sullivan?

They aren't better but they aren't worse, so the ECAC is " equal, on par with, equivilent to" the WCHA the CCHA or HE...

Is this Yaledoc?
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

[QUOTE=Eph72;4993463]
                  Originally posted by I don't usually reply in these threads, but this is too good to pass up:

January 2, 2011

#10* Bemidji State 3
                  #12** Union 1

* in the WCHA
                  ** in the country

Oops

#4* New Hampshire 4
                  #4** Dartmouth 5

* in the country
                  ** in the "EZAC"

Oops...
                  Wait, what? You're honestly comparing BSU (who was 4 games below .500 and 2 spots from last in the WCHA at the time of that win) beating Union (one of the top teams in the ECAC) to a match-up between in-state rivals? Both with winning/similar records? And the ECAC team comming out on top? Wow...
                  Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                  B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                  CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                  ECAC:
                  HEA: UMass
                  NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                  Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post

Wait, what? You're honestly comparing BSU (who was 4 games below .500 and 2 spots from last in the WCHA at the time of that win) beating Union (one of the top teams in the ECAC) to a match-up between in-state rivals? Both with winning/similar records? And the ECAC team comming out on top? Wow...
                    OK. What if a team 3 games below .500 and 2 spots from last in the ECAC beat the #2 team in the country and one of the top teams in Hockey East? Would that be a good enough comparison for you?

Individual game results mean squat. St. Lawrence beating UNH doesn't make the ECAC better than Hockey East. It proves nothing, other than that St. Lawrence played a better game on that particular night than UNH did. But Bemidji State beating Union is exactly as relevant: it doesn't prove that the WCHA is better than the ECAC. It just means that Bemidji beat Union that day.

Comment

OK. What if a team 3 games below .500 and 2 spots from last in the ECAC beat the #2 team in the country and one of the top teams in Hockey East? Would that be a good enough comparison for you?

Individual game results mean squat. St. Lawrence beating UNH doesn't make the ECAC better than Hockey East. It proves nothing, other than that St. Lawrence played a better game on that particular night than UNH did. But Bemidji State beating Union is exactly as relevant: it doesn't prove that the WCHA is better than the ECAC. It just means that Bemidji beat Union that day.
                      While I completely agree, I have a question. What is your criteria for determing what conference is the best, or how a conference is better than another conference?
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Median Krach rating, adjusted for Bernoulli variable standard error, ie sqrt(p*(1-p)) where p is the probability of a Krach win on neutral ice between two median teams.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
                          Median Krach rating, adjusted for Bernoulli variable standard error, ie sqrt(p*(1-p)) where p is the probability of a Krach win on neutral ice between two median teams.
                          I'll let you figure that one out...

Average KRACH rating:
                          WCHA - 258.84
                          ECAC - 170.53
                          Hockey East - 149.61
                          CCHA - 148.77
                          AH - 31.87
                          UAH - 16.2
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

The WCHA is a better conference than the EZAC, fact.
                            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              While I completely agree, I have a question. What is your criteria for determing what conference is the best, or how a conference is better than another conference?
                              Well, my first response would be that it really doesn't matter all that much. Conferences don't play conferences; teams play teams. The worst teams in the WCHA, CCHA, and Hockey East are generally terrible. The best team in the ECAC is usually pretty darn good, and this year they appear to be right there with the best two or three teams in the country, however you want to define it at this stage of the season.

If someone did want to know whether one conference as a whole was better or worse than another, then they could take a large sample of interconference game results, over a meaningful amount of time. (This isn't all that easy in D1 hockey, by the way, because teams from some conferences play so few non-conference games.) I happen to believe that if you did that, you'd find that the ECAC was right up there at the top in the 80s, then started to drop below the level of the WCHA and Hockey East. I think that for the past ten years, the ECAC has had one or maybe two teams that were competitive with the top teams of other conferences, but pretty consistently a step behind. NCAA results for any given tournament don't say much, but I think there's a reason an ECAC team hasn't played for the title in so long. Over the past year or two, I think the ECAC is closing that gap, and I think this year's overall results bear that out, as Brian Sullivan demonstrated in his column today. I also think that once you get past, say, the 4th-place teams in these conferences, the differences aren't that great. But in the recent past, the best teams in the WCHA, CCHA, and Hockey East have been noticeably better than the best team or two in the ECAC. Those are the teams in the NCAA tournament every year, and that's why the ECAC has done so badly there. They have several good teams every year, but no great ones. That may be changing.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                                The WCHA is a better conference than the EZAC, fact.
                                That is a lazy and not very meaningful statement. Fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X